1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - Tropacocaine

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by Skywalker, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker

Reputation Points:
    ;)

I'm searching details about a new substance (at least for me): it's tropacocaine. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance.

---Drugs are'nt illegal because they're dangerous...

They're dangerous because they're illegal.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2007
  2. DrugPhreak

DrugPhreak

Reputation Points:
    Otto Snow wrote a book on this substance, but it includes information on THC also.I haven't read it yet, but based on the way his other books where written there will probably only bee a few things that are really useful. Most of the syntheses probably start from datura-type alkaloids and that can bee rather dangerous. It's ~1/10th the potencyof Cocaine and people say it's less toxic, but of course we know that Cocaine isnot reallytoxic... eating junk food like McDonalds/Burger King has the ability to cause severeproblems that Cocaine never would, but for some reason that's legal and considered to bee safe by many people.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>Edited by: DrugPhreak

3. Dogears

Dogears

Reputation Points:
    I know cocaine is close in it's structure to tropanes. Is it called tropacocaine just cause it is made from tropane alkaloids?

4. jeronimo

jeronimo

Reputation Points:
    hey guys, swim tried tropacocaine, but doesnt see much in it, taste and odour very plant like.. although it numbs the area.
    I have read of a 4 fluro version, does any1 know about this?

5. jeronimo

jeronimo

Reputation Points:
    4- fluro cocaine

Guys have any knowledge here of this material?

6. ladenburg

ladenburg Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Tropacocaine is similar to cocaine in that it's a benzoic acid ester, as opposed to an ester of tropic acid like atropine and scopolamine. It's is also similar to atropine and scopolamine in that it has no carboxylic group attached to its tropane skeleton, unlike cocaine. Based on the structure, I would expect it to be considerably less effective than cocaine as an inhibitor of DAT (dopamine transporter protein). It's reportedly more than 1000 times less potent than scopolamine as an anticholinergic. Apparently (according to jeronimo's post) it has local anaesthetic acitivity, which may possibly explain its toxicity (LD50) at 15-20 mg/kg i.v. in rats - comparable to cocaine at approximately 17 mg/kg.

7. jeronimo

jeronimo

Reputation Points:
    ladenburg

Tropacocaine has similarities to cocaine but very weak. And the tropane is very evident.
    However there are write ups about the 4 flurotropacocaine which has beneficial use.
    thing is the benzoate version needs to become the ester.
    Any further input with regards to this? So the carboxylic needs tom be attached?

8. ladenburg

ladenburg Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Unfortunately, the difficulty of attaching a carboxylic group to tropine (pseudotropine) - thus forming ecgonine - is a major reason why synthetic cocaine has never been very common.

9. Benga

Benga Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
  10. Benga

Benga Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
  11. Pugsley

Pugsley Banned

Reputation Points:
    A wonderful topic, but please keep in mind that tropinone can be synthesized (via methy-amine, succinaldehyde, and acetone) in much greater quantities than is possible when extracting tropine alkaloids from plants. As has it mas been mentioned many times before; obtaining atropine from plants and converting it to tropinone is a tediously long proccess that requires a lot of plant material to produce a little tropinone. This is the main reason Tropococaine synthesis has seemed impractical.

12. tallstorys

tallstorys Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Has anyone on here tried 4-Flourotropacocaine?

How does it compare to coke? I've read that its 0.4x the strength of coke, meaning that it is stronger than most street stuff.
    Whats it like to sniff, I hear it burns like a bitch but want to know how bad as some coke can burn like a bitch.
    How do the effects compare to coke?

How would a 50mg line compare?

13. Lionmaster

Lionmaster Newbie

Reputation Points:
    A great man that goes by Otto Snow explains in his book THC & Tropacococaine that tropacocaine causes less constrictions of blood vessels, less pupil dilation, half as toxic, more stable which makes it longer lasting, and more sterile? (whatever that means) than regular cocaine. I think it is equivalent if not more powerful than cocaine, but also less dangerous.Of course this is just information I have acquired from reading a book, a friend of a friend has never tried this tropacocaine. Sorry if I have replied to a "dead" thread.

14. sinistercoca

sinistercoca Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have Pure 99% tropinone crystals and want to convert into powerded form , anybody have a clue how this works ?

thanks

15. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Cant you just crush the crystals?
    Use a pill crusher or something similar.

Tags: