Troubles with technique

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by jardo, Sep 17, 2006.

1. jardo

jardo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I know there are several threads about 'how to smoke', but SWIM can't find the answers he's looking for.

The problem is, SWIM can never consistently breakthrough and has come to the conclusion that his technique is to blame. I have tried glass tubes, and pipes and finds its just too harsh to inhale, so SWIM prefers to use the 'parsley' method with a regular metal pipe.

I would like for those SWIMmers that use the parsley method to give an explanation of their technique. Does You inhale fast, or slow? Does You first let the flame melt the DMT before inhaling? How long does You hold the flame to the bowl, and does You let the flame touch the 'sandwhich' once the DMT is melting? How does SWIM know he is not just burning the DMT?

Any help is appreciated, I am extremely frustrated of fail attempts and wasting precious spice.

1. 1/5,
      Please mention the drug in question in the thread title.
      Sep 30, 2006
  2. Neosapien

Neosapien Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I should never let the flame touch his crystal.
    If swim must smoke with herb, I should use a torch lighter and only suck the heat, never the flame onto his spice.
    If the crystal is properly pure, a base pipe should be no problem for swim to smoke.

3. jardo

jardo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Cheers, SWIM appreciates the advice.. Anyone other SWIMmers?

4. DJ

DJ Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from U.S.A.
    I know that others will say that this definitely is NOT the way
    -BUT- he doesn't really care all too much because this odd way of doing it has done the trick for him:

1.)
    Poke individual holes in a soda or beer can with a safety pin that equal the size of a flattened pea.

2.)
    Poke a hole in the side of the can with a nail.

Press a nice coat of cigarette ash over the individual holes that you made with the safety pin.

Place the 35-50mg of spice on top of the ash and light it up.

It works for SWIM. And seeing as it worked for him, he hasn't gone about fixing what isn't broken.

-Good Luck!

5. Djvr16

Djvr16 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim says man up and just smoke it the way it's meant to be smoked! You is using DMT, I'm sure he could tolerate some harsh vapor......

6. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    Did I wash his DMT with ammonium hydroxide? If not, there may be some extra NaOH on you's DMT crystals that is making the smoke esspecially harsh.

I didn't have too much of a problem with smoking DMT. It wasn't pleseant, but it wasn't the worst thing either. I used a bulb pipe like what someone would smoke Methamphetamine out of.

If You is going to use the parsley method (which I haven't used) make sure You doesn't touch the flame to the crystals. You has to "dance" the flame just close enough to vaproize the DMT into the oily freebase. Then, it will begin to smoke and You can taste the plastic-y chemical.

7. jardo

jardo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    SWIM definitely washed the crystals, twice with the chilled Ammonia.

The frist few times I smoked DMT, SIWM used the parsley method and it worked out just fine. But for some reason now breakthroughs have been very inconsistent.

I tried vapourizing once with a test tube vape, but found that the DMT would stick to the sides of the tube and thus make it difficult to melt and vapourize the correct amount. Not only that, the DMT liquid would not vapourize (although now, SWIM realizes he should have been rotating the tube), so he would get frustrated and hold the flame too close to the tube and eventually burn the DMT.

I have never smoked any other kind of freebase before so his knowledge on proper technique is limited to trial and error unfortunetly , and since my only experience with vapourizing didn't work, he's prefered the method that he found to work, which is the parsley method.