Social - trying coke for the wrong reasons??

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by rideburton56, Jan 4, 2006.

1. rideburton56

rideburton56 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I has never done coke or any really hard drugs,only pot, shrooms, acid, k, e, and salvia. I has seen his ex girlfriend fuck up her life from coke, put a whole year of his life trying to save her. I am also watching his friends get heavy into coke and are turning into college dropout losers. swim HATES coke. yet he still wants to try it, basically to look at the monster in the face and say fuck u, im gonna do a whole gram by myself the first time and never touch it again, cuz its equivilant to beating coke in swim's mind.

thoughts?

2. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    If you think your strong enough to do that then go ahead, its not as hard as people say it is though depending on your personality it could be for some. Id say your going in with a good idea on its addictiveness and knowing that you can easily say, "I dont wanna be like those other people" and probly never try it again. Though it is a strong euphoria which could make u want it again, but you should still be able to either never use again or keep it to moderate use just with will power (mabey you wont even need the will power). Coke isnt really as hard of a drug as people seem to think, i would say its in the same categories as acid and K, in terms of how "hard" it is, mabey the other 2 even above coke. Everyone might have a different definiton of whats "hard" though. Anyway i think youll be cool, if you do try it, have a blast.

3. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I really don't think theres any right or wrong reason for trying coke, or any other drug for that matter. Your curious and so you want a taste of what you have not had. I agree with BCS that it's good that you understand the addictive potential, and you have seen the damage that can result.

I don't quite understand the logic of your decision though. You say your going to do a gram alone and never do it again. You say this is the equivalent of beating coke??? With that logic, you would be beating coke by never doing it in the first place. By doing it once, you are not putting yourself through the dependence that extended use brings. What your doing is getting a taste through limited recreational use, and choosing not to use it again. I think it's great that you want to just try once and not use again, but what you doing is not anything like an addict trying to quit. Just my two cent.

4. frosty

frosty Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from earth
    Just watch it. I would never tell anyone it was a good thing to try. I would never give it or get it for anyone the first time. It was a rocky spot in hell for him for the longest time(excuse the pun) He has learned how to control it now fairly well...but many can't.

5. rideburton56

rideburton56 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    thanks alot for the feedback, ya i know what I am doing isnt like beating a hard addiction, i cant explain what I am feeling. either way I am doing it and will let u know how it goes.

6. Push-Limit

Push-Limit Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swim first tried coke and thought it was ok but didn't get into it. Not cos it was shit but just didn't really get a grip on me. Over 2 years later it was tried again. about a month or two after this done it again and havent been to stop, not that i ve wanted to just yet after 6 months of heavy weekend use/light week use.

The problem is u might enjoy it and think "fuck it! lets knock some out next week as well". Now, to this u might say "no, i am strong enough to resist powder". You might be thinking this all week and then friday night comes and your saying "lets get fucking sniffed up!"

As unlikely as it is to get hooked first time, it could happen.

Considering you ve seen your GF get strung right out and "ruin her life" just think that could be you. Also, you say your mates are heavy coke heads which sounds like a recipe for addiction. If your out with them and someone offers u coke, you might be inclined to do some because youve "beaten the monster" once and think you can beat it again.Dont you think?

Cos once your on the chang you wont be thinking like you are now. You ll be thinking "this is wicked. I can see why my mates do it so much. Maybe another gram."

I am not criticising but trying to offers up some of the risks to u as advice.

But, in answer to your question I think it probably is the wrong way to go about cocaine. Maybe you should go into it with a different mindset.

7. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ride- howabout, if you hate coke so much, you stay the flip away from it?!? That makes a lot more sense, then trying it.

if you try it, you'll realize your hate is illplaced, and you may even like it. lol

8. legalize!

legalize! Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Im stuck with the same thing rideburton. I hate Coke because of what it showed me what it can do to people. But i just wanna know how it feels like, what it does and shit.. just for once. But im afraid of what it can do on me like if i like it too much can i get addicted to it? Or am i strong enough to say: Ok, so now i know what it is.. i leave it for what it is.

Can't help it! Im just too curious! Hihi

I hope whenever I do try it, he shares his experience on this topic.

:edit: Oh.. and since i will never put anything up trough my nose i wanted to smoke it in a joint.. is this even more dumber/addicted? I mean, just for once? Cause if it is the story ends for me :p

9. HandyMan81

HandyMan81 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Depends

Deppends if You will buy the salt form or base form. both are possible to smoke although base coke is a lot more stronger and addictiver. Smoking the salt form will only give a small buzz and is way less addictive. and truly it will be a waste, so just snort the coke.SO You must reconsider if he thinks its worth it. So buy the salt form and snort or basecoke and smoke. otherwise it will be a waste of money and time.

Ps Swim recommend snorting the salt form:snort: , because I was 2 years a addict to basecoke.:smoker:

Be Wise Be Swim

10. DJ-666

DJ-666 Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    I would say that coke isnt that hard as heard in the media etc. Acid is, in my opinion, a much "harder" drug.
    But after saying that you saw other people going fucked up their life cause of this substance, why you are supporting all the coca-dealers around? Coke is really a damned bastard, this damned underground and disingenous effects of it make that dangerous for the most people, they mostly think that they can control it - but most never cant anyway.
    Save your money...buy some beers...this could be one of your best decisions in your life!!!

11. ak1186

ak1186 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Tony Montana pursuaded me to try cocaine :D Make sure you do not have to much because you will do it all. The downer is horrible. And do not do it regularly. Its the most addictive I have tried and obviously a harder drug then LSD. 1 gram 1 time will be okay.

12. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    You have to be one wealthy person to be a cocaine-addict!

13. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    not so much anymore, it is cheaper in the uk anyway then its ever been.

14. fletch

fletch Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    you dont have to be a wealthy person to be a cocaine addict, it would just be less of a hassel. however, i think if you hate coke dont try it, it would be irresponsible especially if youve seen what it does to people and you dont like that lifestyle. people say coke is addictive and many claim that youl be hooked the first time. this has alot to do with personality but id have to say i agree. now whats tricky is that you are addicted the first time but not really, its hard to explain its like the love hate releationship with the drug that so many can relate to with long term use. its simply that cocaine makes you feel quite amazing, in control and extremely good about yourself, especially with ones first experience. most people will come down and have the mindset that it was really good but i dont need it again, this is how your addicted by the first try, you THINK that your good, so when someone offers you some another time you think ya why not, this pattern repeats and repeats and then after a while youl realize that your use has increased and then you will really feel the downside and addiction. the drug changes your attitude even from the very first time, and this is how it catches you, and eventually if your not careful it will trap you.

15. Sickness Life

Sickness Life Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Immature,

The drug isnt responsible its the people and how they use it, They are self destructive and are looking for an out, Send your friends to a therapist