1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Paraphernalia - Trying to buy syringes at Walmart - what do I say about being a diabetic?

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine' started by DaPSO, May 4, 2013.

1. DaPSO

DaPSO Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    What do I tell the Walmart pharmacist when I go to buy rigs if I'm asked about my diabetes? I bought them from Walmart before but lately I've been hassling and overseas to sell them to me.

What kind of diabetes do I have? I'm 25 years old and pretty healthy looking. and what kind of insulin am I on? I'm going to say that I buy my insulin online.

2. Hp Rush

Hp Rush Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    They don't ask just walk up and tell them what kind u need I do it like daily and they care about it. If they ask just say your doctor writes on paper and u take it to the pharmacy u don't know shit.

3. Miss.Tweakie

Miss.Tweakie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    22 y/o Female from U.S.A.
    They don't ask questions as long as you have an ID

4. Moving Pictures

Moving Pictures Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Yeah, I'll jump on the "the don't ask questions" bandwagon here and confirm that they never asked me questions and I've done it probably 8 or 10 times. And most pharmacies are really strict about it up here. CVS won't sell them without a prescription for insulin on file and Walgreens took about 5 minutes of convincing that "my mom needed them for her diabetes" before they sold them to me. But with wally world, the first time I just handned them a note I had scribbled out in the car that said "1 cc 28 g long tip" and said my mom needed a box of these for her insulin and they grabbed a box and asked for my id and had me sign a ledger and handed them right over. After that, I'd just asked for a box of them and they'd ask for my ID, have my sign, and hand them over.

I'm only 24 and pretty healthy looking, so I don't look like all the obese people up here with diabetes (I know about type 1 diabetes and you don't have to be overweight to have that but up here it is nothing but gross fatasses with diabetes). But I was real polite and acted as calm as possible. I also was dressed somewhat nicely, not my usual garb of shorts/jeans and an old t-shirt and beer hat.

But yeah, just go and asked for them, or just try what I did with the note and say they're for your mom. If they ask what kind of insulin she takes, say 70/30 regular.

5. benzoe71

benzoe71 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o Male from U.K.
    wow what a load of bs to go through just to get some pins/works.dont u guys have a needle exchange over there? all we do is go to the local chemist ask for a pack of 1mls or 2mls had over your old ones and off you go no questions nothing and there free aswell.i know this dont help the p.o but im finding it hard to get my head around that health authortys were u are dont supply this service for health reasons not only for users but the comunity as a whole!

6. DaPSO

DaPSO Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    Well thankfully I was able to buy them without any problems. The Walmart by my old apartment, which is the one I ended up going to today, don't fuck with me about it. But the one close to where I live now will sell them to me sometimes but most of the time they don't.

DaPSO added 13 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

I know. Benzoie, it really pisses me off. I shouldn't have to come up with a story, IMHO. It's not the job of the pharmacist to be a moral activist. Furthermore it doesn't stop me from injecting wtf I want in my body. Normally it would just force me to use more gas to go somewhere else. But lately (since my car broke down and I can't expect other people to drive me all over Fort Worth), it forces me to use my old syringes, which this time around were FUCKED, probably leaving long term/permanent scars, not to mention all the poking and missing.

I haven't researched this fully, but I read somewhere Texas is the only state with laws prohibiting needle exchanges... Just my luck. :-(

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  7. socialblacktarfly

socialblacktarfly Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    I know rite-aid and cvs here in Cali do not ask questions but I always get mine online for l$5 for a bag of 10. Easier, convenient, no prescription required, and free shipping. The only way I get my rigs now :)

socialblacktarfly added 4 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Of course its cheaper to order more say a pack of 30 is $9 :)

8. tweakend

tweakend Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    The Walmart I go to doesn't ask any questions, but you have to take a used needle, the package the needles come in, or insulin with you.

9. DaPSO

DaPSO Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    well after the hell I went through over the past week using the same old 4 syringes, I decided to go ahead and get a box of 100 when they finally were sold to me. From now on I will be ordering them online but at least I have enough to hold me over until I get them.

10. SB1981

SB1981 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from Nevada, U.S.A.
    This is why I order my spikes online, it's soooo much easier and you don't have to explain shit to anyone. Can you not order them online?

11. DaPSO

DaPSO Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    I can, and will now. I just didn't need to in the past and found myself in a sticky situation. But now I will buy them online for sure. Walmart was kinda convenient cause I'm in there anyway 1-2x a week.

DaPSO added 12 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

I can, and will now. I just didn't need to in the past and found myself in a sticky situation. But now I will buy them online for sure. Walmart was kinda convenient cause I'm in there anyway 1-2x a week.

12. Ghetto_Chem

Ghetto_Chem Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    As Benzoe said, you should really look hard for some sort of needle exchange program in your area. I understand not every place has them but alot do. I just cringe when I see that people have to actually pay for needles when I can walk a few blocks and get as many as I want for free, no questions asked.

It also hurts me to hear about people having to deal with all this bullshit just to get a rig. What these pharmacists don't understand is the IV drug user is going to shoot up no matter what, so let him/her use a fresh one and majorly reduce the damage done. They are only making the problem worse.

Glad to you got em though,

-GC

13. KitKat84

KitKat84 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o Female from Australia
    Not sure if you have a horse shop near you i.e. horse feed supplies or horse saddlery shop. I know you can buy a range of syringes. I know this because I own horses and sometimes you have to inject bute or ace into them so I buy syringes and needles at horse shops. Ace for horses is drug that has a calming affect and is the smallest needle you can buy and syringe would be 5ml

Another option

14. DaPSO

DaPSO Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    I apologize for the way my post of come across. I'm using an old Android phone with speech recognition because it's so much faster than trying to type. 'Overseas' earlier was I think 'refuse to sell them to me,' lol.

15. benzoe71

benzoe71 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o Male from U.K.
    wow absalutly discusting i realy feel for you its not the way forward like you say not the pharmacists place to make judgments on your health. have they not heard of h.i.v,hep b+c.jesus man that is dark ages attitude over here thats wot the attitude used to be like in the 70s and 80s.this thread has just started a major disscusion in my home we just cant belive it.:mad:

16. igotyou

igotyou Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    The workers at walgreens told my buddy they didnt really wanna sell him any because he looked like he would get high in the parking lot and toss it...I admit it was a longer stretch than usual and he was looking pretty out there but it was funny and the Women who said it was hot as hell. I wanted to get high with her right there.

17. jimmyjames35

jimmyjames35 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

I could be wrong but I think the laws are different state to state. I think it's even illegal in some state to buy from pharmacy without prescription. I know that in NYC where I live, it wasn't always legal and still as it is they have a ridiculous law that they can only sell you one pack without a prescription, like I can't just then go to another pharmacy to get another one. still it's annoying to have to do that. also the pharmacies often have no choices. some only carry 3/10 units which is no good for me or big lower gauges then i'd like.
    the worst part and i'm sure many can relate, if you don't get there before the pharmacy section closes for the night you are fucked. I really should go online, the problem is although I am definitely at this point a very regular user. I try to tell myself i'm gonna stop and so I don't prepare for using ahead of time

18. SB1981

SB1981 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Order a box of 100 like I do and they will last quite a while. I'm very grateful to know that a new shipment is just one click awaythe click. I have never bought needles in person since I started injecting. I use tuburculin syringes, but I don't think they would sell those over the counter.

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  19. jimmyjames35

jimmyjames35 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

what is the difference with tuburcilin syringes? is there any indication at all of whats in the box when u get it shipped?

20. SB1981

SB1981 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Tuberculin syringes have a larger barrel and they're detachable so you can draw up the solution into the syringe without risk of damaging the needle. I love that! Then you just screw it back on since it's a luer lock syringe. No indication on the box, but they are the medical syringes with the blue hubs instead of the insulin needles. I use 25gx1 inch 3mL. The insulin needles were too small and I didn't feel them hit my spot like the larger needles. I only hit my two large veins on my arms so they work like a champ. Also, my doses would be too large for a 1cc since the plunger would be too far back for me to maneuver.

They are descreet when they ship my syringes so there is no indication whatsoever until the package is opened. So no worries about UPS man knowing your personal shit.

Last edited: May 8, 2013
Tags: