Trying to find the mushroom

Discussion in 'Magic Mushroom hunting' started by Adam battison, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Adam battison

Adam battison Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from Uk
    I will give you a bit of background. I have been picking mushrooms for a number of years and i have found out that finding them is getting more difficult.
    Does anyone else have the same thinking?
    when i was young i use to go to my local cow field and find vast amounts. But these days i cant hardly find any. How come old spots die off? i dont fully understand it. But this season coming i am going to try and find the liberty caps over a larger scale of fields.
    Also. Finding fly agarics can be a nightmare. I have only found them growing in the wild once and i havent been back to that spot in about 2 years. It is amazing when you find the fly agaric because they are so beautiful. And i always get excited when i find a fresh liberty cap. Lets hope and pray that this coming season is going to be better. Also. Has anyone had any luck finding "Amanita pantherina?"

2. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Chicxulub Impactor Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    I haven't seen a single A. pantherina all of my life, while A. Muscaria are all over the mountains in between 800 and 1000 m of height.
    I've seen some at the same spots growing next to birch trees for several years though.

If spots seem to be empty after years I'd surmise there are too many people harvesting at the same places, thus damaging the mycelia. It can take quite some years to have them grow again at the same spots.
    Same of course goes for any and every other mushroom species, not just for the psychoactive species.

Using knives to cut them instead of using fingernails and ripping them out helps with keeping the mushies where you are used to find them.
    Treat them kindly.

BBW