tryptamine and animals

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by Kirara, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Kirara

Kirara Newbie

Reputation Points:
    what would happen if a cat did 5-meo-dmt?:eek:

2. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    it would be metabolized by the feline's liver enzymes into 5-MeOW-DMT

3. Kirara

Kirara Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hmm.. well i'll be sure to forward that info to the cat that asked me.. but in all seriousness lol.. was just wondering if 5-meo-dmt would affect a cat or any other animal for that matter. was pondering that one day. would they get the same affect that a human does or would it just not do anything? :confused:

4. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    With what intent are you inquiring?

5. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Character I knew worked in a research lab. For some reason or other, they were injecting rats with 5-Meo-DMT. Large amounts. The rats had a similar effect to that of humans who have taken too much - they would thrash about like crazy and develop severe nose bleeds from ruptured capillaries in their heads. Not good for rats nor humans.

Anyone who would knowingly dose their pussy cat with such deserves to be thrown in a tiger cage in my book.

6. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
  7. Kirara

Kirara Newbie

Reputation Points:
    no intent really, just curious to know if animals trip the way humans do whrn they die, thanks for the link i'll check it out.:snort:

8. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    On the topic of animals and tryptamines... I had 3.5 grams of psilocybin mushrooms last summer, and wanted to document what kind of effects a small dose would have on a house cat. SWIM offered his house cat a piece of stem roughly the size of a LSD blotter tab and the feline eagerly swallowed the morsel. The cat became somewhat playful and chased his tail for a long, long time. It was not normal behaviour. But the dose was tiny. SWIM concluded that even a small dose of a tryptamine hallucinagen can alter an animals behaviour. I said he feels terrible for feeding the cat magic mushrooms in the first place, by the by.

9. dreamatrix

dreamatrix Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from afghanistan
    hehe wouldnt it be more intresting to look at the relationship between animals and humans on psychedelics,, i mean my dog just sees trough me when im on acid ,and my cat well i dunno,, she doesnt realy like me for some reason when I am tripping . anyway ,, i think like you realise your just a monkey poluting and stuff the cat realises shes a unique predator and becomes more concious hehe , nah dunno ,, doesnt the brain cortex and its complexity in humans play a role too maybe ??

10. psykochamane

psykochamane Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from france
    it would be interesting to know if cat really want to take tryptamine hallucinogenic

11. MushiMushi

MushiMushi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
Tags: