Combinations - Tryptamines and Methylphenidate

Discussion in 'Tryptamines' started by fr0d0, Jan 13, 2006.

1. fr0d0

fr0d0 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have never read of this combination being tried before. I am about to try 4-aco-mipt and ritalin. What do you guys think will happen? Does anyone have experience in combining tryptamines and ritalin? How much do you suggest i take of both? Any comment will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2010
  2. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
  3. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I don't differ. Yech! Sounds like drinking 20 cups of expresso before performing delicate brain surgery.

4. fr0d0

fr0d0 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well the result wasn't quit was i expected. I took 20 mg of 4-aco-mipt, and at T+45 i took 20 mg oral ritalin. Within half a hour i shot up into an euphoria very similar to xtc so fast it was almost scary. It was very pleasurable, with some nice visuals.Though the euphoria was so intense i wasnt paying attention to them a lot. then after about 2 hours i dropped to a pretty dull state wich wasnt interesting at all. there were still some vague visual effects but i felt pretty serieus and sober. I wouldnt repeat it because it lasted so short. Still it was very nice for the time it lasted

5. fr0d0

fr0d0 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I suddenly dropped that is

6. oldman

oldman Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    yeah, swims done adderall and 5meo-mipt (8mgs) before but has usually taken the adderall(xr) 30mgs an hour or so before the tryp. has had good effects but it is not something he felt was worth doing everytime. he just wanted to see how the extra energy helped cause sometimes the tryp would make him dopy at first. he has found that it is best to just ride that part out though. the energy comes later.

7. jardo

jardo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I am prescribed to 80mg of Ritalin (methylphenidate) per day and loves his/her LSD, and has never had any problems.

I have also had many over-indulgent nights with LSD where other substances such as cocaine, and/or mdma, and/or nitrous, and/or ketamine, AND/or mushrooms (some night, 3 or 4 of those substances at a time) will be introduced into mix along with the regular daily 80mg oral dose methylphenidate of course.

I am not quite sure if it has to do with the fact that SWIM *is* ADHD (lower levels of dopamine flowing through the brain naturally), but one would think that given the types of substances I have combo'd and the amount of amphetamines I have ingested into his/her body in a single night, naturally occuring dopamine becomes less of a factor in determing adverse affects.

I do know, however, that MAOI prescriptions can render the effects of LSD completely. MAOI's can also nullify the effects of MDMA, as well as SSRI's. Since methylphenidate is neither of those, I am not so sure.

My theory, and I'm sure I would back me up on this, is that any supposed methylphenidate-induced hallucinations or feelings of euphoria are just being confused with the actually effects of the LSD.

But it's hard to say, as each batch of LSD is different. Some weaker, some stronger... Unless you are taking foolish amounts of methylphenidate (I would say anything over 160mg, but you know your body better than I do), I don't see how Ritalin would have much of an effect, as LSD would just smother the euphoric effects with visuals, mind-tricks.. at least that's what I hear.

But I re-iterate, you know your body better than anyone else. I am 6'0 and probably 180lbs, so I amn't a very small dude and has much more blood than a person of say a 5'6'', 150lbs stature.

I would definitely NOT recommend anyone repeat the same self-indulgent practices of our good friend Mr. SWIM.

Cheers.

8. jardo

jardo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
  9. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by "that MAOI prescriptions can render the effects of LSD completely." MAOI's such as harmine and harmaline do not cancel the effects of LSD25 - or other tryptamine-based psychedelics. Indeed these are known to change and intensify the effects. Can you explain what you mean a bit better?

You are correct in stating that one should never mix MAOI's and MDMA. Or any other CNS stimulant. This can lead to a hypertensive crisis and possible death.

10. jardo

jardo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Well, I've known a few people who were on MAOI anti-dep's who would always complain LSD didn't do anything for them.. Being the curious critter than I am I consulted Erowid...

This article is the one I'm refering to which focus's on LSD's response to one particular MAOI anti-dep..
    http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/maois/maois_info4.shtml

This article, however says MAOI's enhance hallucinogenic effects.
    http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/maois/maois_info8.shtml

Considering MAOI's role in ayahuasca, I don't get it either.. Maybe this only pertains to MAOI anti-dep's... but that doesn't make much sense to me either since an inhibitor of monoamines isn't at alll selective in what it inhibits... which why they are prone to many side effects. Maybe if we knew more about the mechanisms of LSD, these answers would be a little easier. As far as I know, not much is known about the pharmacology of LSD.

I apologize though, I shoulda left this subject alone for discussion elsewhere, and maybe been a little more specific in my claims. Didn't mean to mislead.

1. 4/5,
      a curious critter indeed. Nice one.
      Mar 29, 2006
  11. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    That may be the answer. You are wrong in that statement. MAO-A inhibitors and MAO-B inhibitors have a different range of workings. I am not aware if there are more types of MAO inhibitors (besides reversible and irreversible MAO-I)

12. jardo

jardo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Right, MAO-A (aurorix) blocks norepinephrine and serotonin, and MAO-B (Deprenyl) blocks dopamine, no?

Still, I think most MAOI's block both A and B (Nardil, Parnate). It just depends on the prescription the person is on. Personally, I wouldn't feel safe with any of them.

13. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    methylphenidate is a horrible horrible drug. it is even worse that it is prescribed to children... for hyperactivity nonetheless...

14. jardo

jardo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I agree. I wish I hadn't chose to take my first prescription. Over the years I've convinced myself I need it to operate and function on a normal level.

I now know that is not the case, but turning back is harder than I thought it would be.