1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Dose - Turbina Corymbosa / Rivea Corymbosa Dose

Discussion in 'LSA seeds' started by jarka, Feb 3, 2006.

?
  1. 1-10

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. 11-20

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. 21-30

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. 31-40

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 41-50

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 51-60

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 61-70

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  8. 71-80

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. 81-90

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  10. 91-100

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. 101-110

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  12. 111-120

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. 121-130

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  14. 131-140

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. 140+

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. jarka

jarka Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from finland
    Swim recently got some Turbina Corymbosa seeds, and he can't find any normal dosage information about them. He has read that Turbina Corymbosa seeds are twice as potent as morning glory seeds and some say that you must not eat more than 10 seeds.. These seeds are known as Ololiuqui, Turbina Corymbosa, Rivea Corymbosa etc. Anyone have more information on the appropriate dosage for these seeds?

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2008
  2. genaro

genaro Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Ololiuqui dosage

The seeds of Ololiuqui (Rivea corymbosa aka Turbina Corymbosa), Morning glory (Ipomea violacea aka I. tricolor aka I. rubrocaerulea...other Ipomea sp. such as I.purpurea might be active too) and Hawaiian baby woodrose (Argyreia Nervosa) all contain LSAs (including ergine).

Swim have experience with Morning glory (swim need 500 seeds for an intense trip which is 15g) and HBWR (8-12 seeds give swim an intense trip).

As swim have no experience with Ololiuqui, I wonder what might be the dosage for this one, I heard Ololiuqui was similar to morning glories but more potent (but still less potent than hbwr which are the most potent LSAs containing seeds around).

Does anyone have experience with Ololiuqui seeds ?

How much is needed for an intense psychedelic trip (meaning as intense as 10 HBWR seeds or 500 heavenly blue morning glory seeds) ?

According to erowid:

LAA% Total Alks. % by weight

Hawaiian baby wood rose: 0.04 0.30
    Ololiuqui: 0.02 0.04
    Heavenly Blue: 0.01 0.02
    Pearly Gates: 0.02 0.03
    Wedding Bells: 0.01 0.03

So, condisering that most mg seeds sold by online smartshops are the heavenly blue (which dose is 500seeds = 15g for intense effect), I guess that Ololiuqui beeing reported twice as potent by weight (from this erowid chart), then Ololiuqui dosage must be half the heavenly blue dosage (15g) which would mean 7.5 gram of seeds for intense effects, am I wrong here ?
    Now if we consider the Pearly gates cultivar, then those morning glories seem to be almost as potent (by weight) as Ololiuqui, but I'm assuming the most used cultivar is heavenly blue, so I made my calculations considering that 15g doses are for heavenly blue.
    Anybody with experience of these seeds could validate my assumptions?

Last edited: May 4, 2006
  3. plantshaman

plantshaman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    good question but after alot of research a while back I came up with mixed reports ranging from 10 seeds to 100 or so .

Swim tried about 30 with no effect. He wonders if its mostly the potency of the seeds.

4. jbmac

jbmac Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    SWIM has tried 1-80 seeds - and at 80 seeds, all he gets is very mild
    CEVs and anti-depressed feelings. SWIM uses these seeds as an
    Anti-depressent. SWIM thinks only very fresh seeds can do what
    HBWR seeds or Morning Glory seeds can do, but SWIM really is amazed
    how 5-20 seeds of the old Riviea Cory seeds sold by vendors does
    for depression.

5. genaro

genaro Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Re: Turbina/Rivea Corymbosa

I'm taking this thread back up because the question of 'Ololiuqui (Rivea Corymbosa) seeds dosage' remains somewhat unanswered, or let's say that no definite answer came out.
    So does any one has new imput on this matter (strong effects from personal experience with those seeds)?

6. HeavyFlea

HeavyFlea Newbie

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o Male
    Re: Turbina/Rivea Corymbosa

I spoke with Some Random Dude and he only had experience with the Ololiuqui (Rivea Corymbosa) seeds. He said the freshness of the seeds is probably the biggest factor, he also mentioned reading that the potency in the seeds can change from plant to plant.

SRD told me he starting with 10, with very mild affects, very possibly anti-depressant like. He then moved to 30 with sensations almost like mild LSD affects. Then 50 (this was all the same batch) and the affects were very similar to 30. While no outstanding hallucinations (mild breathing in patterns) he really enjoyed watching a fractal program with music.

SRD told me he feels very safe in trying 80 his next trial, and mentioned he's got a bunch more from another vender coming in to compare with his current batch, and will probably start at 30 with those. His suggestion was to start small and work your way up and feel out your comfort level. (I've read that's a good plan with a lot of ethnos.)

There is little info out there on these specific seeds, I've heard they can be good for cluster headaches, but don't really know what those are. The small doses for anti-depression and a mood lift sounds interesting as well.

7. Kada

Kada Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from Australia
    Rivea dosage poll

Sorry if this has been posted before, was wondering what everyones experience was with these.

i live in a country that does not control LSA, so i dont think i need to say swim all the time.

I recently got my Rivea plants to flower this year and have always read (ane believed) that fresh seeds only need 10-30ish seeds. I have done this plant many times before with vendor seeds and liked it far more than hbwr/mg but i always needed to take more than 100 seeds. so i tried these fresh seeds (0-2 days old) and started with 5 and worked up in groups of 5 until the last time i got to 55 seeds. still nothing. 55 gave me that empty groggy feeling in the belly and a slight warm feeling one gets with many plants but thats it.

so. how many seeds did it take *you/swim* to get effects with this plant?

8. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o Male from The Netherlands
    Some quotes from the net:
    I suspect that weight will be a better way to measure the dose of these seeds, because when you look at the advised dose, most people advise in the same range of 10 - 30 seeds, but the deviation is always there. This seems to be the effect of each seed being of different size and therefore the number of seeds seem to be an impossible way to measure dose.

9. ljfe

ljfe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    This poll is pretty neat, but I wish it was a little less specific.
    SWIM has taken like 700 of these in the past month. He considers a trip 61-70, because a 'good dose' is 60. He feels minimal effects from 30, moderate pupils at 60, and intense euphoria at 90. Any higher than this is just intensity, visuals, and some tired sickness.
    BTW he chews the fully and chases them with orange juice.
    He finished his last 180 today, decent trip.

10. Kada

Kada Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from Australia
    interesting! i have never had intense visuals with anything under 100 seeds (old vendor type seeds).

but i did start to get very mild visual distortion at around 80-90. this is why i made it specific so we can see how much people take without a huge variance.

i crush chew and swallow as well.

btw, was this poll merged with another?

11. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o Male from The Netherlands
    This poll was merged with another thread.

12. Kada

Kada Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from Australia
    it is interesting how those quotes mentioned at higher doses they make you vomit.....but to be honest Rivea is the only seed that does not make me sick at *all*. mg/hbwer make me a sick, some more than others.. but rivea, has never made me even uncomfortable. which is why i only use rivea now.

has anyone here tried tehm and gotten effects with lower doses -30?

an interesting topic was brought up on another forum abtou fungi on the seeds and potency.

13. ljfe

ljfe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    SWIM agrees, these seeds rarely make him feel any sickness. Only when he consumed 180 he was starting to taste the seeds coming up as he chewed the last 20. Anything from 30 to 150 makes SWIM feel great.

14. malbulja

malbulja Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o Male
    SWIM just took 20 Rivea seeds last Friday and was disappointed when nothing happened at all so he took the remaining 80 on Saturday morning. SWIM tells me that this was the single best LSA experience he's had and plans on doing 350mg of Mescaline (San Pedro Cacti) this weekend after such a great psychedelic experience last weekend.

15. Kada

Kada Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from Australia
    thats great they worked good!

2 people voted 1-10 seeds, any comments? i would love to read how 1-10 worked for you!!!

16. ljfe

ljfe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    SWIM is sure that a low-medium ololiuqui dose from an online vendor is 60. A trip is about 90.
    When people hear about a dose being 20-30, they were probably potent and used in a shamanic environment.
    "Osmond found 60-100 seeds Turbina corymbosa seeds to be an active dose, though he chewed and ingested the whole seeds, rather than making a cold water infusion of ground seeds"
    Enjoy :D

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  17. splish6

splish6

Reputation Points:
    Male
    SWIM did a water extraction (distilled water, with fresh lemon juice added, in water for 6 hours) with 20 seeds last night, no effects. SWIM is pretty sure he did things right, and is definitely going to up the dose next time. But do the SWIYs really recommend chewing em? Has anyone ever thrown up after eating Rivea seeds?

18. malbulja

malbulja Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o Male
    A few weeks ago SWIM did a water extraction on 110 seeds and got very minimal effects after 4 hours so he dug up the coffee filter from the trash and physically ate the mush. This made SWIM trip hard.

19. ljfe

ljfe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    SWIM chews up rivea and chases them with orange juice or something tasty pretty often. This way he gets some sublingual obsorbtion combined with all the mush in his stomach. He suggests chewing up to 10 at a time and finishing at least 90 in 20minutes. They'd be sure to start triping face in an hour with no sickness, even at amounts like 150. Pupil dilation should last about 6hs.

20. ljfe

ljfe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    SWIM chewed and consumed 130 ololiuqui with 4 tabs of acid. A few hours later he tried eating another 60 seeds and puked everything up at 50. Then he decided to eat another tab of L. Don't try eating more than 180 ><