'Tussin Euphoria'

Discussion in 'DXM' started by dip, Apr 6, 2007.

1. dip

dip Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am now somewhat addicted to DXM.
    "Luckily" ... he just needs to smoke MJ, since he's unusually sensitive to THC it mimics a trip. Unlucky, he unwillingly and unknowingly became addicted to DXM through MJ.

I don't think the magic has left, there is still imagination and euphoria. But that 'Tussin Euphoria' is totally gone. It's a fact this leaves with frequent use. So I am wondering if it ever returns? If so, how long has You abstrained from DXM?

It might be never? Since SWIM realized that he acted like a narcissistic wacko, there isn't much of an upswing. Just a mood lift.

2. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Loss of magic is extremely common with DXM. People who like the experience can easily get addicted, because DXM is usually cheap and always available. To frequent use leads to loss of magic in the majority of DXM users.

I have found that 6 weeks of abstinence lowered the tolerance a bit, but the 'magic' experienced at the beginning of SWIM's DXM use didn't return at all. I haven't used any DXM since more than 4 months (except occasional therapeutic doses). He doesn't crave DXM at all, but if he will ever do it again, he will report if the magic returned.

No matter how wonderful DXM can at the beginning, frequent use will lead to heavy brain damage and loss of magic (which seems to be irreversible in most cases). DXM should only be done rarely (once in two months maybe). Please learn from my mistakes.

3. dip

dip Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well no, the magic hasn't left. There is still a trip, still insane CEV'S. But this has left:
    (unless you consider THIS to be the magic)
    I am taking a long break from DXM anyway... but is curious if anyone has reported a return of this phenomenal feeling.

4. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM also "lost the magic" from too frequent dxm use. it became this feeling of dysphoria and dread. so swim quit for months. when he decided to try it again it was back, so he only does it once in awhile now.

5. Paracelsus

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yep, this is what SWIM considers a part of the magick. my trip from 4 months ago was very enjoyable, although not comparable with his first couple of experiences.

6. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

DXM may cause brain damage in heavy users, but I think the loss of magic is something else. I don't think it's brain damage - in fact, I think it's normal brain functioning.

Think of it: any time a person takes a drug, the person's body and mind will try to compensate for it. This is why going of benzos too quickly can lead to siezures and death - the CNS is ramped up trying to compensate for the constant sedation.

I believe DXM dissociation is simply easier for the brain to adjust to. Once the nervous system becomes comfortable in the state, many of the effects of DXM lessen - not just the magic, but also the visuals and side-effects. I could barely walk or talk at the 3rd plateau the first time he visited; now he can fake sobriety at anything less than the 4th. He was never a daily user (well, except for one week on vacation), but I don't think one has to be - one just has to experience it enough times. He believes his mind has simply learned to compensate.

I think this because many report that once the magic is gone, it stays gone, even if one takes a three-month break. Simple physical tolerance should be gone by that point, I would think; but the skill of operating normally while Dexxed may not. Just like riding a bike.

But it's just a hypothesis. I could be wrong.

ECL

7. giant

giant Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    Disagrees with this "fact on dxm"

I was reading up on DXM on erowids FAQ and came across this "statement"

If you find yourself particularly susceptible to Tussin Euphoria, keep in mind that with frequent use of DXM it goes away and leaves one only with a sense of discomfort and dysphoria. In a very few individuals, this can continue into full-blown depression. Like all other drugs, you never get something for nothing.

I do not agree with this statement one bit. I have done DXM off and on for four years moreso as of late about 20 times in the past 3 months and has had nothing but amazing experiences on 300mg up to 750mgs ranging from 1st platue to light 3rd platue.

So I was wondering what you all think about that statement and SWIM below response.

8. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: Disagrees with this "fact on dxm"

swim disagreas maybe it has something to do with each persons body chemj?I started at 5-600 and being happy and ended up at 3000+a day for months,swim cant post links seeing as there on another forum but look around for CaptStickyBeard or ketone/keytone posting on other forums,

9. giant

giant Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o

I agree with each person having different body chemistry. Maybe it's because I live such a stress free life and doesn't have depression etc. I think those are two huge reasons DXM has been such a positive exp. I also have a great connection with his younger brother through DXM tripping togeather.

10. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:

opps sorry missunderstood yoour post,no swim dosent get any depression from dxm and hes done mopre then a TB victem.thouhgt you were just talking about tussion uphoria going away.

11. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

Broad generalizations don't serve to accomplish anything. Yes DXM can. Not to everyone. Sometimes. Never. It all depends on your head/chemistry.

This much is known: Likely the magical qualities wear off. The more often it is used - the faster this will happen. If one likes it, one is advised to use it infrequently. Once the magic is gone, it may never come back.

12. Paracelsus

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Threads merged.