1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - Tussipax

Discussion in 'Codeine' started by frenchy789, Apr 9, 2011.

1. frenchy789

frenchy789 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Batman lives in France and has access to this lovely OTC medication called Tussipax, for 2 euros and 37 centimes, he gets 15 pills with .10 grams of Codeine and .10 grams of ethylmorphine.

However Batman is unfamiliar with ethylmorphine but has been dosing it like its regular codeine, so about 2.5 grams (1.25 grams of codeine and 1.25 of ethylmorphine)

Could swiy shed some light on ethylmorphine? Theirs a OTC med with codeine only, would that be better?

Thanks

2. zerozerohero

zerozerohero Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    my space rodent knows about french OTC codeine (codoliprane, klipal, tussipax etc. ..) but did not know there is one with codeine only - can one please state the name/brand?

As for tussipax and ethlymorphine, the space rabbit would advise caution: wikipedia cites a finnish report that announces 500mg to be the LD50 for ethylmorphine, although it seems this has never been clinically tested/verified.

Ethylmorphine produces a high that some seem to like better than the codeine high but has this downside of a potentially very low OD threshold.

Given this info, even if partial and not well documented, the space rabbit would advise to stick to this codeine-only med that the rabbit desperately needs the name of ;)

3. frenchy789

frenchy789 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Batman only has Tussipax for now but with my dosages include 125 mg of ethylmorphine, batman missspelled his dosages earlier.

4. zerozerohero

Reputation Points:
    OK :) 1.25g sounded a bit frighteing at first...

Could you please provide the name of the OTC medication that contains only codeine ? Is it neocodion ?

5. frenchy789

frenchy789 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Paderyl

20 pills with 15 MG per pill, not bad. Batman is disappointed cause he did a 300 MG dose yesterday and was euphoric with the full body high and jello arms, feeling great. Today he did the same dose and just felt sleepy.

How quick does tolerance to codeine take to build up?

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2011
  6. zerozerohero

Reputation Points:
    Thanks ;)
    Opiate tolerance builds up pretty quick in my space rabbit's case, so he makes sure every opiate trip is spaced by at least a week or two.
    This being said, my space rabbit has been prescribed opiates quite frequently for his chronic pain problems in the far past and it is likely that a certain tolerance is just there to stay.
    I'll check out that paderyl immediately and make plans for my next trip to France :)

[EDIT]: how could the rabbit ignore this Paderyl for so long?
    Just a quick info: it is indeed 19.5mg of codeine phosphate, which is about 15mg codeine base - the space rabbit wanted to point out the difference in weight between codeine base and codeine phosphate (they call it"codéine hémihydratée") as the different medications that are OTC use these different forms to indicate codeine content and are therefore difficult to compare when one does not know this.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011