1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Tylenol 3 or 4 in Stores?

Discussion in 'Codeine' started by D-termine, Jul 16, 2005.

1. D-termine

D-termine Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    can you buy tylenol number 3 or 4 in stores? or is this an online/d octor prescription thing only?

2. Mike177

Mike177 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Tylenol #3 and #4 are Schedule 3 in the US, but i have yet to see an online pharmacy that offered codeine in larger units than 12mg. In the US they boath require a doctors perscription to legally obtain/own. There are a few places around the world where they can be purchased OTC (I think Mexico is one of them) But the US just ant one of them.Edited by: Mike177

3. meemeemee

meemeemee Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    No, you need a prescription ANYWHERE for 2, 3 or 4. As mentioned, Canada is one of the few places that tylenol 1 (8mg) is sold over the counter. You are allowed to buy 2 bottles in Canada to bring back to the US, but no more. You need a prescription in both countries for anything higher.

4. D-termine

D-termine Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    so all these online scrip sites arent legit? seems like it is very easy to obtain

5. meemeemee

meemeemee Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    A lot of them will have you fill out a questionnaire, and then a doctor of theirs will give you a prescrip without even having met you. A lot of the online sites though will now not fill an order without you faxing in a real prescription from a real doctor who you have a relationship with, or has at least seen you face to face.

6. McDiggy

McDiggy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You can buy Robitussin with codeine elixer as a schedule 5 over the
    counter in many states. Usually you have to sign off for it at
    the pharmacy. Depends on the state law. Call your state's
    board of pharmacy to find out what the law is.

7. skitz0frantic

skitz0frantic Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Im in Canada, and you can buy 8mg codeine tablets, but you have to ask the pharmacist for it(so they can cut sown on abuse haa). But there really is no point to buy these and use them for fun because they put a shit load of ace and caffeine in them. You can take up to 4000mg's of acetimetophen before your liver fails. You can use cold water extraction to take most of the ace out, and just drink the filtered contents, but be aware that the caffeine is not removed. So you'll have a high dose of codeine+caffeine. Just find yourself sum perks or oc's.

8. swanprincess75

swanprincess75 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Im also in Canada and use tylenol#1 all the time for migraine headaches, and unless you look presentable and sick at the same time, that pharmacist is going to harass the hell out of you. They dont just hand them to you. Just like was said, there is lots of caffeine and ace in them so you dont want to abuse this type of drug. At some pharmacies, you can purchase aspirin with codeine (ASA/COD) that has a small about of aspirin, no caffeine, and higher doses of codeine. I dont know anything about how much aspirin ones body can handle compared to ace, so maybe someone can help you out with the dose!!

9. McDiggy

McDiggy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Do not ever play with aspirin. Taking too much will
    destroy your GI tract and could lead to increased bleeding because it
    can inhibit platelet adhesion.

The Robitussin AC is pretty safe, the LD50 for guiafenasin is way more than a bottle of 120mL.

10. darvocet_outlaw

darvocet_outlaw Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I agree on the asprin. I took about 25-30 in a 24 hour period one time
    because of a migraine headache (I know, I know, STUPID!)....I was sicker than hell and felt like
    I had water in my ears (couldn't hear shit), for 2 days!

Be VERY careful with asprin!!!

I've used alot of the Codeine with guafissaun. Although I've gotten a
    little sick at my stomach a couple times, I've never experienced any
    serious side effects. I wouldn't go over 2 of the 4 oz bottles at one
    time, though.

Edited by: darvocet_outlaw