Type of mescaline?

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by hierarchy, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hierarchy

hierarchy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    bob has a question bc he is uneducated on the whole mescaline/peyote area. bob took this mescaline with his buds that looked like cocaine. bob had two tiny tiny zip lock bags with this cocaine looking substance and they put each one in a shot glass of water and downed them individually. a wonderful 8 hour trip bob had.

down to the real question: does mesc come in different forms? what's the difference between extracted etc.?

bob thanks you [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2006
  2. GDxCAT

GDxCAT Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Doesnt sound like mescaline to me. Probably some RC.

3. 42itis

42itis Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yes, there are different forms, mescaline sulfate used to be the easiest one way back when. It is possible you had real mescaline, but the trip is usually longer than LSD and has more of an "organic" and relaxed feel. The onset has a nervous shaky kind of feel with some nausea. What country are you in?

4. hierarchy

hierarchy Newbie

Reputation Points:

i felt some nausea intially but it went away.

5. Hyperreal

Hyperreal Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    1. 4/5,
      Very informative and useful post.
      Nov 10, 2009
  6. 42itis

42itis Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Good post Hyperreal!

7. sloppo

sloppo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I beg to differ about there being no difference between extracted and synthesized mescaline. I would wager that most people who extract alkaloids from mescaline containing cactus do a crude alkaloid extraction, pulling most of the alkaloids from the plant. There are a lot of alkaloids present in these cactus, certainly not just mescaline, but mescaline is the most abundant.

Unless the person performing the extraction goes further to isolate pure mescaline (through chromatgraphy perhaps, I'm not really sure what would be the best way), then the extracted "mescaline" is actualy a crude alkaloid extract. These other alkaloids do add flavor to the expierience. This is clearly true with peyote, as most anyone who has expierience in these matters will tell you peyote is quite different from pure mescaline. Also the expierience from San pedro cactus is markedly different than pure mescaline. The other alkaloids may not be active by themselves, but they somehow interact in vivo and cause a different feel to the trip.

I think Shulgin has investigated some of these other alkaloids, but I am just talking from SWIM's actual expierience.

Sloppo

8. sloppo

sloppo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Now to address the original question of this thread, if one indeed extracts and purifies down to pure mescaline salt, there would be no difference in effect between that and the synthetic mescaline salt. There would be other differences, appearance, melting point (due to water of crystalization), etc.Though A mescaline molecule is a mescaline molecule, whether it was made in a plant or in a lab. But the point is that if someone were to go to the trouble to actually isolate pure mescaline from the mixed alkaloid extract, then he may as well just synthesize pure mescaline and not have to deal with the cactus snot alltogether.

Also different salts of mescaline may have different properties. Mescaline sulfate is probably the most common because of its easeof crystalization from water. The onset of mescaline sulfate is probably longer than mescaline hcl becuase the sulfate salt is converted to the hcl salt in the stomach, and if one starts with the hcl salt than thisconversion is skipped. This is just speculation. Also the active dose is different for different salts due to thedifference in molecular weight.

Sloppo

9. hierarchy

hierarchy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    thanks for your guys' concern.

kinda over my head(no worries), i feel like i need to get out the chemistry set or something.

thank ya much.

bye

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.