Types of Amphetamine

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by WrtngCocaineTutorial, Jul 25, 2006.

1. WrtngCocaineTutorial

WrtngCocaineTutorial Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
  2. desolated000

desolated000 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    There's dextro-amphetamine which is perscribed as a stay awake pill

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
  3. WrtngCocaineTutorial

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
  4. dnb warrior

dnb warrior Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    speed in the uk/europe is usually amhetamine sulphate i think which isn't as strong as meth(amphetamine)

5. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Speed 101
    Enter to learn, go fourth to serve
    (clean your house for a few hours inbetween)

Lets start with 3 big amphetamines (in order of potency)

levoamphetamine- half of whats in adderall (mixed amphetamine). It is euphoric and speedy

Dextroamphetamine- the other half of adderall, dexedrine is pure dextro therefore requires less for a more potent high.

Meth- I have not tried meth but is told by ppl who have along with other amphetamines that it is stronger than dex

Now onto the "fake" amphetamines, offically not amphetamines

Ritalin- speedy, somewhat euphoric but I find it less euphoric then amphetamine

propylhexadrine- good amphetamine-like euphoria but with much less speedy feel (benzedrex inhaler)

thats all for today class, now remember to eat every few days. Because a hunger tweaker...well I hasnt met a hungry speeder and thats the point.

tweak in peace, I didnt include the MDA MDMA drugs but the make up is extremely similar to the above drugs, though I dont know if they are offically amphetamines

6. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    There are lots of amphetamines;regular amphetamine, methylamphetamine(meth),methylenedioxymethylamphetamine(MDMA, ecstacy) and more.
    Some molecules have 2 different isomers , they're both the same chemical, but opposite mirror images of each other.
    The "l" or levo-isomer in usually the inactive version, and the "d" or dextro-isomer is the active one.
    Usually isomeres are racemic mixtures, 50% levo-isomeres and 50% dextro isomeres.
    The old vicks inhalers contained 100% levo-methylamphetamine which didn't have any stimulant properties, while the meth made from (pseudo)ephedrine is 100% dextro-methylamphetamine which is the good stuff.
    There are also other stimulants which aren't amphetamines(amphetamines are a group of chemicals which have a simular structure) but do have similar effects like methylfenidate(the stuff in Concerta and Ritalin) and propylhexedrine(the stuff in benzedrex inhalers)
    You get it ?;)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  7. ebeneezer_goode

ebeneezer_goode Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    base?

hi, first post...

I've heard of 'base' (pink sort of lumpy amphetamine). Like speed but more of a mind drug.

any details on synthesis or chemical name?

8. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    propylhexadrine isnt in vicks inhalers its in benedrex, vicks has a different chem, but vicks isnt stimulating. Benedrex is the only company that uses propylhexadrine for some reason.

9. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Base is as close to pure amfetamine sulphate as any creature will see outside of a lab (generally in the 70% region compared to the 10 % or so normally seen). Usually a yellow or pink-ish paste, smells & tastes like a used nappy, A Certain Mouse tells me, not that he's particularly given to tasting nappies you understand...

10. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Question, swim honestly is unsure, The levo amps are completely inactive or just much less potent? I was under the impression that the levo was less potent but still somewhat active, but could easily be wrong... plz enlighten swim. THANKS

11. Benzeneringz

Benzeneringz Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Amphetamine is also known as alpha-methyl-phenethylamine and is a chiral compound with two isomers. Amphetamine is a racemic mixture of levoamphetamine and dextroamphetamine. Dextroamphetamine is significantly more psychoactive than it's L-isomer. There is a methylated form of amphetamine known as methamphetamine. It is more potent and longer lasting. It too is a racemic mixture of dextro-and levo- isomers. Methylphenidate is an amphetamine-like drug synthesized in the '50's as a solution to the appetite-suppressant qualities of amphetamine. There are also many amphetamine-like drugs used as anorectics. Such drugs are only used on a short-term basis and usually lack the extreme abuse potential seen with amphetamine. Manzidol, diethylpropion, phentermine, phenmetrazine, phendimetrazine, sibutramine, and fenfluramine all belong to the so-called anorectics.

12. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    so levo is still an active amphetamine though? If i get swiy's post correctly, thanks

13. Benzeneringz

Benzeneringz Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yes, levoamphetamine does cross the blood-brain barrier and exerts a somewhat different effect than dextroamphetamine. It also has more of an effect on the sinus passages.

14. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Yes it's active, but only about 1/20 of dextro-amphetamine.

15. WrtngCocaineTutorial

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
  16. Beeker

Beeker Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Getting a prescription for Desoxyn is not easy. Getting one for Dexedrine took me over a year with the same doctor going threw the Adderall husstle so the Doc doesn't feel he is some drug dealer I guess.

The thing is I went from Dexedrine from Adderall not to get high but to save money. Generic Dexedrine is very cheap.

17. iFeaRNLoathiNg

iFeaRNLoathiNg Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    so is sibutramine any good, anyone have any info, or taken it?

18. stimulerium

stimulerium Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I read something about 4-FMP (flouroamphetamine) a while ago. I think its more of a social amphetamine. Anyone heard of this?

Benzedrine's one, which you can eat the stuff inside to get high. Those aren't around anymore though...

There's Didrex but it's just for dieting I think (no rec. value).

MDA / MDMA are amphetamines but they don't belong here I guess.

19. svenghali

svenghali Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    Don't forget dextro-methylphenidate (focalin)!
    SWIM snagged a 'lil prescription of this recently...
    More euphoric than plain 'ol methylphenidate, that's for sure.

20. iFeaRNLoathiNg

iFeaRNLoathiNg Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I am sure some will disagree but I feel Amphetamine Sulfate (adderall) is the king of Amphetamine. because it is AMPHETAMINE. everyone thinks I am nuts because I has the next step up from amp and he will trade it for add's. swim dislikes methaphyladite (ritlin)