1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - U94 on my Xanax 2mg bar...generic or ??

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by ellavader, Jul 5, 2011.

1. ellavader

ellavader Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    I have been precribed two 2mgs xanax bars per day for the last couple years and i have always been purchasing the brand name at a cost much greater then the generic ones. This last refill i received 60 bars but this time they didnt have the usual XANAX writen on one side, instead it was writen u94, and i was told that they are indeed the brand name xanax but i dont feel they are as strong. I looked on the net and couldnt find anything that confirms they are the same!?!?!? Could it be placebo or is the pharmacy buying from a cheaper source.....i dont know, i would love if anyone has seen these to let me know how they find them and if they are the "real" ones...thx

2. Shampoo

Shampoo entity of sorts Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from france
    Yes- the U94 label is a Pfizer Xanax (alprazolam) 2mg bar.

3. brandon561

brandon561 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    yea its a generic.....

4. ellavader

ellavader Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    im confused guys, one says its the real deal and the other says it to be generic version on xanax...???

5. Shampoo

Reputation Points:
    Male from france
    The U94 label is not generic, it is produced by Pharmacia & Upjohn, which is a branch of Pfizer active in Mexico.

6. brandon561

brandon561 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    swim get these same exact one from his pharmacy and def. generics

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2011
  7. ellavader

ellavader Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    WOW LOL wat is going on here??? brandon are u sure u know the meaning of generic? (NON brand name with the same ingredient as the brand name.)

I finally found a source direct from Pfizer's canadian web site confirming Mr. Shampoo's post that they ARE the brand name xanax and i even called and the lady told me they stopped putting XANAX on the one side of the pills since 2010 and now put 'U94' for the canadian ones. I even have this pic bellow from Pfizer's site confirming aswell.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2011
  8. brandon561

brandon561 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    lol, swim has been on prescription meds for two years i know alot about generics. generic is a cheaper version of a medication. Only way generic can be made is 6 or 7 years after the patent is over and pharma. companies cant make a generic form which is anywhere from 1.5% to 3.5% off what the original formula is.

maybe my pharmacy has screwed up, but ive never paid for non generic its was too expensive.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2011
  9. Shampoo

Reputation Points:
    Male from france
    Generic medications can be made once a functional patent has run out, though many pharmaceutical companies find novel uses for old medications which allow them to renew patents under new premises. However, I'm not sure where you got the notion of 1.5-3.5% "off" from the original formula. Do you mean that they use different binders or excipients? Alprazolam is alprazolam- you cannot make an alprazolam molecule that is 1.5% "off"...

But, the bottom line is: Yes, U94 is printed on non-generic, Pfizer (Pharmacia & Upjohn) brand 2mg Xanax. End of story.

10. wisewoman64

wisewoman64 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    I know this subject line is an older post but it still applies to now. I have no tolly for Xanax probably because I have been off if for 10 years. I found a place where I can get the white zanny bars that everyone is drooling over. Uhhhhhhh.....well....I took two of them (4 mgs) on an empty stomach and coffee and I was expecting to be over the moon. I didn't feel nothing. I kept waiting and waiting. They were 4 scored on one side (white) bars with U94 written on the other side. I got them loose so not sure whether they were faked. I want blister packs!! I hate to feel this way but I am suspecting that they were way weak from being beyond the expiration date or some other negative reason. I wasn't gonna post this because I do not do this kind of dance but the reason I did was because I was browsing and stumbled onto a similar thread and it confirmed my suspicions. Now, are you ready for the REAL kick in the butt?
    I just got a Christmas present from another very popular & reputable vendor on here and got my order of 1 mg purple football Pfizer Xanor single scored and with Up John embossed on the other side which were blister packed and fresh. I took only one of these-compared to when I took 4 mgs of the two U2 Zanor bars yesterday. In less than a half hour, I was on top of the world. Now I am very suspicious of loose pills and how easy it is to pass off a sugar pill as the real deal. What do you all think about this? Is anyone having any experiences like this? The 1 mg xanor UpJohn footballs are awesome. I just may start making them my Xanax of choice. Please be careful of loose pills and especially when they don't look or feel right. Go with the righteous vendors who might cost a tad more but to me, you can't put a price tag on an A-1 product that does what it's supposed to!!
    [/COLOR]

11. csm71

csm71 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.
    Hi phizter-upjohn,
    hold the the patent u94 are not generic but xanax
    not alprazolam even though this is the ingredient
    the u94 bars real name.

12. painkillerqc

painkillerqc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from Canada
    Just get yourself a real prescription. I got mine a my doc prescribed me one 2mg three times daily. Lol I got 60 of these U94 monthly I'm in heaven they're so strong.

13. Anxietykills

Anxietykills Newbie

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    If it's Upjohn it definitely is official band Xanax, in my country we get the Upjohn pink footballs, and the box says Xanax on it, unlike other scripts of generic it will just say alprazolam.