Unpleasant side effects from eating/drinking marijuana

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Sweet_Shadow, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Sweet_Shadow

Sweet_Shadow Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    SWIM's used hash milk two times. Halfway through the first time she got extremely tired and didn't feel like doing anything at all, which sucked. The second time I took some of the milk she felt extremely sick and had the feeling she had to vomit. This feeling lasted for a couple of hours. I didn't actually have to throw up but felt miserable anyway :p

I have also tried spacecake. The day after eating this stuff I felt very sick again, this time it took an entire day before I started to feel any better.

Now I do enjoy the trippy effects both ways of consuming marijuana produce (the effects are quite different from the ones produced by smoking it); however I do not like the above mentioned side effects.

Has anyone else experienced such (or similar, or any other) side effects from eating/drinking marijuana?

2. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    https://drugs-forum.com/threads/22142?highlight=overdose

Check this thread out.

Eating cannabis produces much stronger effects than other methods of ingestion. Still, I find personally that eating weed can't compare to eating hashish. He has had some intense experiences off of it, one described in the thread linked to above.

Also if you can you should check out the book Hashish by Robert Connell Clarke. Maybe they have it at a library near you. It is full of fascinating information about the substance but of particular interest to you would be the section on oral consumption of hashish. There are some quite interesting trip reports from famed authors like Baudelaire and Gautier as well as a few others.

Full-on psychedelic effects can be achieved through oral consumption of the substance. Apparently your liver converts 9-THC into 11-Hydroxy-THC which is much more potent and effects you in a different way.

Its definitely worth experimenting with.

3. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Different strokes for different folks.

Orally ingested Pot is quite different from smoked Pot.

Many people really enjoy the Oral stuff. Many others don't like it. I can see where you fit.

There is another ingestion Method: Sublingual (under the Tongue).

I have discussed this Method in other Threads, but how it works is:
    1) Extract some THC into Alcohol;
    2) Squirt some of this under your Tongue.

This way is pretty interesting. The High begins within a minute (as the THC flows directly into your blood stream). The Peak comes in a few minutes. And in an Hour, most of the effects have gone. In 2 Hours, it's all over.

This contrasts with the way Oral ingestion works: The High begins in 40 minutes (or as long as 2 Hours). The Peak comes within another 40 minutes. And the High can last from 5 to 10 Hours.