1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Injecting - Unusual symptoms when injecting heroin

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by Esmerelda, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Esmerelda

Esmerelda Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.K.
    I'm starting this thread because two people have asked me a very similar question in the past few days. Both have used heroin for years, but then developed strange symptoms later on in their use when injecting (one had 5 years clean before this happened). The symptoms of the two people overlap but aren't identical.

I think both have posted threads about it before so this is not so much a thread for advice, as to build a list of unusual symptoms ANYONE has noticed when injecting. I thought it might be useful to see if there is any kind of pattern.

Here are the symptoms from the two people who spoke to me about it. Please add any more experiences.

chest pain like heartburn
    anxiety
    sensitive skin
    finger tingling in ulnar nerve distribution on left side
    sweating
    nausea
    heavy sedation
    elevated heart rate
    lightheadedness

bitter taste
    heavy sweating
    visual disturbance
    red rashes under arms and between legs
    anxiety

2. Nemba

Nemba Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from new_zealand
    I've heard of heroin being cut with scopolamine to potentiate it, as is done medicinally with opiates occasionally for combinatory pain relief, and in low enough doses anti-nausea. These symptoms sound the same to me.

3. Rightnow289

Rightnow289 Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    Sounds to me it was cut with something nasty like a benzo or zimmers or something like that.

4. Dicemanstyle

Dicemanstyle Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.
    Swim being someone who reports these symptoms has to add, each time a different source of junk has been used. On no occasion said symptoms were reported had the same batch been used.
    Also swim reports that these symptoms appear to be lessening as opposed to increasing.
    And obviously the less junk used the lesser the symptoms.
    Swim shot night before last and had little to no symptoms just the unpleasant bitter, tangy, sour taste after the initial lovely taste.
    Also a symptom swim forgot to mention was an intensly itchy anus. Swim injected 4 times a day for 5 years never experienced any of above symptoms.

Thanks,

5. Electrolingus

Electrolingus Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Male from ukraine
    During the hamsters fifteen plus years of on/off IV heroin use, he has occasionally developed unusual symptoms directly after injection. These are...

-Extreme tingling in hands along with shallow breathing, anxiety, and pupil dilation.
    -Atypical ringing in the ears along with face and neck rash.
    -Instant withdrawal syndrome.
    -Atypical sedation with teeth chattering and nausea.
    -Temporary hearing loss. (from heroin and cocaine combined)
    -Painful burning sensation throughout the entire body along with chest pain.
    -Atypical ringing in the ears along with pupil dilation and a metallic taste on the tongue.

These are just a few of the groups of 'symptoms' that stand out the most in the hamsters memory, and for the most part can be explained. The reason the hamster can recall them is because these are the ones that actually made the hamster think about putting the hype down for awhile (or at least for the rest of the day.)

The hamster just wants to add to what the other members who didn't post here previously stated. Some reactions from adulterants may not occur until a certain blood level has been reached. So theoretically one could use heroin from a particular batch several times before having a problem. Also, adulterants that contain trace amounts of metals can over time cause organ damage which may not become symptomatic until irreversible damage has been done.