1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Upgrade your account by investing your time

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Alfa, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    As you probably know you can upgrade your account by donating and get a lot of enhancements. The experience is very different from when you do not upgrade your account.

But not everyone has the money to donate. You can donate your time and effort instead.

For those of you who do not have the funds to donate, but do want to have donator functionality here is an overview on how adding Books, Rehabs, Products to the reviews section translates to expanded functionality. You can see how many items you need to add to gain the same functionality as donators, supporters, etc.
    Time Donator Functions Supporter Sponsor Benefactor Patron
    1 Month 25 50 100 250 500
    2 months 50 100 200 500 1000
    3 months 75 150 300 750 1500

For example someone who adds 50 items can opt to get 1 month of Supporter functions or 2 months of Donator functions.
    After adding the required items, let me know so I can add this to your account.

Interested? Start here:
    1. Tasks
    2. Explanation of the functionality: Add Item

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  2. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Imperial Wizzard Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany, Federal Republic of
    @Alfa,

this is a very neat offer to the members who do have more time than money at their hands to
    a) help DF's
    and
    b) their own furthering as a member (and who knows, maybe even some karmic furthering as a person).

From own experience on forum tasks I can say that Alfa will help people learn to do some tasks if they do not already know how.
    So: Please don't be afraid of the forum Tasks, you can gain donator functions with them, and influence your promo time, because I think that the reward you receive in trophies will stay the same.

Come on, now, bored sofa-sitters, take @Alfa 's hand
    (gotta grab it when he sticks it out once in a while ;) ),
    get chat access and more neat gimmix.