1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Other - Urgent!

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by kummin123, Sep 9, 2008.

1. kummin123

kummin123 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from sweden
    Heya, In a little bit of a rush!

SWIMs at the end of his growing season, and been a little slow last weeks of harvesting. And he wonders if its all ruined whats left.

He have had a lot of moisture/rain last weeks and he suspect the last 50-100 have rotten?? Many of his hen and chics are completely Purple(No discoloration or anything visible inside tho). Others are bonedry, but covered with a black dusty "thingie", which he assume is mold? those are just to toss in the garbage?

Others are white, with black spots here and there, nothing visible inside. Some others have completely rott, they have barely any skin left.

Now are these usuable, any of them? Or could it be harmful to ingest them?
    SWIM is in his WD's so he really "want" to use them :)

Any advice would be appreciated.

//Kummin

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  2. On The Nod

On The Nod Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.
    They're completly safe to ingest, SWIY will occur no side effcts from ingesting these poppies, either from smoking or by making tea.. SWIM has used many a rotten plant safely..

Please add to my rep if u like my advice,
    Thanks

3. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.
    They are not safe to ingest at all. The thing with ingesting mould is, the ill effects don't always show themselves straight away, many moulds metabolising into mycotoxins.. There is no guarantee that heat will kill either the mould or the spores.

Please do not let your monkey use these plants in this state - chuck 'em away.

4. waltz#2

waltz#2 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from Canada
    H&C's are notorious for molding. Mold is bad news, some mold can cause problems if one even inhales the dust. WD's or not, don't ingest them.

5. MEKONE

MEKONE Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Bro,I hate to tell ya' but you already know,that crap is mold.They are unsafe to injest and can land you in the hospital in a bad way,SWIM would ditch them and find a alternate soruce.Good Luck!!

6. kummin123

kummin123 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from sweden
    Thanks guys. Yeah by now ive already tossed them, and rode out the "WD".

Waltz: Thats to bad to hear, cuz they grew really well, I got a lot of props from my fellow growers in the garden community where im growing them for the beuty of them of course. Ppl even came and ask to take photos of them, they were like 150cm tall and fistful-sized pods if you count the surrounding crowns of chickens. Very beautiful! so sad to hear they are easily moldy, apparently my environment is not good/dry enough for them. Its in northern europe (scandinavia). Grew Danish Flags aswell, they didnt come close in size or flowering-beauty as the h&c's, but they didnt have this purplish mold going.

I wonder what other types of poppies that could be optimum for me to grow, in sense of optimal "viewing" beauty? any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sinc. Kummin