Usage History, advice needed

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by richarduk, Apr 4, 2007.

1. richarduk

richarduk Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    Hi,

I'm really worried that I have damaged himself taking pills - I am (or was) a very intellligent person, gaining straight A's at school, and is currently in his final year at University. He has a history of anxiety and tend to analyse himself alot and worry. His interlectual capabilities are a very important part of his life and without them he would feel lost and could not see a future.

After taking some pills in 2004 (not many, about 12 over 5 occassions - the most he took was four in one go) he had a nervous breakdown, and was convinced that he had caused himself ecstasy related brain damage, and had therefore ruined his intelligence. After therapy, he realised that he hadn't, and emerged a happier person than ever before.

However, last year, he began to take pills again, and his worries have since resurfaced (it was a stupid, irrational mistake and he feels so much guilt now).

This time he took alot more - here is his usage:

He took 2 pills in a night in week one, and then took 12 pills a week later during a two day festival (5 one day, 6 the next).

He then had a month break, before taking four pills in one night, and then took three pills in one night a week later.

The friday after that he had one pill, and then had a month break before taking four in one night. He hasn't touched pills since.......

SWIM just seems to have a destructive side to his personality, and doesn't seem think of the consequences of his actions.

Although he got through my uni exams in January, he cannot help but feel that he has damaged his memory and abilities. It's driving SWIM mad because he can't work out if he's imagining it or not. When he's trying to write coursework essays he finds it takes him longer to think about what he's trying to say (although this didnt seem to be a problem during his exams......).

I am not intentionally looking for reassurance but I suppose that's what worriers tend to do.... I will never touch pills again

Any advice appreciated,

Rich

2. kumar

kumar Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from Australia
    I have a few mates in year 12 who is really smart and they all take pills every now and then and dont notice any change in there work capabilities, although one friend is stopping untill he finishes school because he notices his concentartion levels the week following taking pills to be lower though it develops to normal after that week or so. He says when he's done he wont worry and will do as many pills as he feels due to the fact it dosnt effect his knowledge.

3. Subuser

Subuser Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    You just wrote an intelligent, well-thought out piece on what they were afraid they did.
    Just from the writing, I would say there doesn't appear to be any cognitive damage.
    I would suggest keeping it that way.

4. richarduk

richarduk Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    Thanks for the support, it means alot - I do love taking pills, and will miss his raving days, but I think its finally time for him to grow up a bit and recognise that he has limits.......

Are there any supplements on the market which help to improve working memory? I know Omega 3s are supposed to be good.....

5. kumar

kumar Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from Australia
  6. kumar

kumar Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from Australia
    Some of these help with memory, learning capabilities etc

7. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Also have a look at the Nootropics forum here.

8. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Many people swear by the use of Piracetam. Look into it for some interesting info.

9. richarduk

richarduk Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    cool ill have a look into it - are these supplements usually available to buy in shops like GNC?