Drug info - Using Bali regularly - questions about UEI

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by AnnaMarie, Dec 6, 2012.

1. AnnaMarie

AnnaMarie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    So my friend uses Bali at around 8-10g twice a week. Recently she received 6g of UEI gold. After taking 2.5g - this seemed like a good idea because she was told that 1/4tsp of UEI = 1tsp of Bali, thus she extrapolated that it meant she should take 1/4 of the amount - she was violently ill, vomited for the first time in a decade, but after a terrible initial 3 hours probably had the best 6-8 hours of Kratom bliss for years.

The next day she took a gram of it and had a much lighter and shorter experience. After reading about how addictive it is would it be horrible to take another couple of grams now - and would her tolerance be up this quickly - and then just leave it alone for a month?

Would this create a terrible experience after she quits? Or is doing this for 3 days no big deal?

Her thought was to just finish the UEI and then take three weeks off of Kratom entirely - something she has to do anyways as she's going on a cruise and doesn't ever take Kratom with her when traveling.

Thank you very much for any/all advice.

2. snarkymalarky

snarkymalarky Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Your tolerance will definitely go up, but addiction is more complicated. You puked because you got really high and getting really high will increase tolerance more quickly. I'd recommend a break for at least a week to avoid addiction; more than that seems unnecessary. It's certainly not a bad thing to take a longer break though. I doubt you feel any withdrawal symptoms after using two days in a row if you hadn't used it frequently before this experience. People certainly get addicted to kratom but in my experience it is less addictive than most other drugs. I think the terrible taste definitely contributes to this effect. I just start to not want to take it after a few days because it starts to seem nasty to me.

3. AnnaMarie

AnnaMarie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Snarky, one, love your avatar - so wrong, so wrong - yet makes me crazy smiley looking at it. Second, thank you for your reply.

So do you think another day would be a bad idea and then the break? She's staring at the last few caps and wondering if it's worth it prior to having to stop anyways.

She takes kratom in 00 caps that she makes herself, so no taste issues. She used to do the tea and chug it and then one day discovered that it just wasn't possible to gag it down anymore. She can force down a lot of food, but one day it just stopped being possible with Kratom. After that she moved to making her own caps and uses a really fine ground Bali. This is the first time for UEI and is thinking after this to use it very occasionally in the future - the effects of Bali while weaker, do more for pain relief than UEI does - this was just something crazy she never experienced before.

4. snarkymalarky

snarkymalarky Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think you are probably fine taking it another day then taking a break. Once it's all gone, it will be easier to not think about it. If you have those caps laying around, you might be tempted to take them. I don't think 3 days in a row instead of 2 will give you any withdrawals other than wishing you had more -- no real headaches or sickness, etc.

5. AnnaMarie

AnnaMarie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Snarky, thanks again!

6. DiabolicScheme

DiabolicScheme Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The more you use it the more it is going to lose its magic..in fact once tolerance starts to develop even taking breaks may not get the magic back.

UEI is a terrible product to begin with, not that it doesn't work well but the fact is that it is much more expensive, tolerance to this makes regular plant matter useless/ineffective and withdrawals are likely to be worse..especially if you use it to the point tolerance develops to it.

What worries me is that your behavior is the beginning of addiction, the inability to control yourself (3 day binge) is going to get yourself into trouble. I would STOP today and take a break before you develop tolerance to it and get withdrawal symptoms that drive you to continue using.

Just my 2 cents.

7. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    UEI and UEI gold are probably two very different products.
    UEI is only sold from a couple of vendors.
    There are several vendors that sell products called UEI but it is not the same stuff.

How would you compare your product to the bali you were using.
    How much would 1 gram of UEI gold equal in bali?

8. AnnaMarie

AnnaMarie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Diabolic: Thank you for your post and concern. My friend decided not to do anything last night simply because of that issue and thank you for your advice, she must have sensed it last night! Slept fine, no withdrawal symptoms that can be discerned. Probably going to just take the Kratom hiatus from now until after her cruise, so no Kratom of any type until next year.

ianzombie: First, thank you very much for all your informative posts I've read through the years and thank you for the reply here. She's never taken more than a cursory glance at Kratom extracts or even too many other strains as Bali gives her everything she needs. She's gotten a lot of samples and most of them were very blah.

It was UEI gold, first time she's ever seen that color. Sorry, didn't know there was that much of a difference, thank you for letting me know - now she can Google.

Concerning effects:
    STRONG compared to Bali. First, I'll explain what Bali is to her: she has severe lower back and joint problems resulting in surgeries that went less than spectacularly. Bali is a nice soothing balm that has let her avoid the pills in the amber bottles for years. The feeling she gets from Bali is slow and a 3-6 hour experience dependent on how much food she's ingested during the day and how much sleep she had the previous night. She usually takes it at night a few hours before bed. It's a relaxing, slow, warm euphoria that doesn't "always" get to a real euphoric stage, but still lets her calm down and get some good sleep. It does cause dehydration, so she usually drinks about 20-32oz of water within 2-3 hours of taking the Bali.

The UEI gold was like Bali x10 when Bali is at its best. The effects came on very strongly and suddenly, dizziness, head filled with cotton and the euphoria (and then massive nausea) all at one time and proceeded to intensify for several hours. After voiding her stomach, it was a very pleasant experience, but went on forever. She has tried out a large variety of prescribed opioids, but never had anything quite like that. (That being said, she also never experimented with opioids and generally only took a little more than doctor recommendation.) It was a very surreal experience, memories and thoughts about situations became crystal clear but removed, and the physical feeling was warm, relaxing, sleepy without sleeping and very meditative. Didn't want to move other than roll over. The psychological effects were very strong and rather unexpected, the original reason for consuming UEI gold was to see if similar effects could be received to Bali without as many caps. Yes, it was basically laziness.

Concerning dosage:
    1g probably equaling 10-12g of regular Bali. This is comparing UEI gold packed in caps to Bali fine ground packed in caps - self-packed, sometimes self-ground. She did, for the sake of comparison, tentatively taste the UEI gold and it doesn't taste at all like regular Kratom, not having done any other plant matter she isn't sure what it tasted like - less bitter and more... leafy? It tasted like dry fall leaves smell.

She did use 1g of UEI gold later the next day and it had a little less effect than the normal 10g of Bali, but she would put that down to tolerance, so trying to compare the initial effects of UEI gold with the regular effects of Bali.