1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Combinations - Using xanax to comedown off adderall

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by ExpandYourOutlook, Aug 19, 2012.

1. ExpandYourOutlook

ExpandYourOutlook Newbie

Reputation Points:
    swim wanna use xanax after adderall because swim can never sleep after swim take adderall is this safe swim taken 90mg in different spaced out doses throughout the day can swim take .5 of xanax to come down?

2. Aminatrix

Aminatrix Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Mixing stimulants and benzos (or any downer) is usually a bad idea, especially long term. If you need to do it once in a while, you should be okay.

Example: Lets say you take xanax at night, the next day, it's still in your system but you can't feel it. You would likely need more adderall to feel like you normally would, and this of patterning can lead to taking more than you should and increased heart rate without actually noticing any danger.

Also, if you take more than just .5mg xanax, you could end up forgetting not to take more, end up eating several, and not notice the negative effects from that until it's too late, because you are so wound up from adderall, and when that wears off, you could go into the xanax xombie state.

Good luck, just be careful. If there is anything else you need to know i'm sure someone else will post too

3. ExpandYourOutlook

ExpandYourOutlook Newbie

Reputation Points:
    swim is just looking for a good relaxing way to fall asleep because he needs to sleep!!!

4. ExpandYourOutlook

ExpandYourOutlook Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swim did it and with vicodin and it was fine?

5. reef88

reef88 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Yep, mixing stimulants and downers is generally a bad idea. Yet I have taken Xanax as a sleep aid after partying on cocaine more times than I can count and nothing bad happened to me. I still wouldn't advice anyone to do it though, I can fuck myself up, but I won't tell somebody else to do it.

6. hookedonhelping

hookedonhelping Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I have been prescribed xanax and adderal for years, by the same doctor, for the very reason of the OP. I know people think it's dangerous, and maybe it is for certain people, but in my world, one can't exist without other. 60mg of adderal and up to 4mg of xanax. I usually combat the adderal with 1mg at the end of the day, and .5 along side each 10mg adderal consumed.

I wanted to share this because this because this, "it's dangerous" talk just isn't the case for me. Is it healthy? Probably not any healthier than taking the medications by themselves. We aren't talking cocaine and heroin here.. I think you will find a lot of people on ADHD medications have benzo's prescribed as well. In fact a few friends of mine are in the same boat, all with different doctors.

Im not advocating for you to do so, just sharing my experience of some 1000+ days or so of the same combinations with no known health issues.

7. thecatinthehat

thecatinthehat

Reputation Points:
    Swim had seen many people perscribed both of these two drugs with good and some even bad affect. It really depends on the person and their Biochemistry and what the doctor is willing to do.

8. timdickson

timdickson Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I think it's perfectly fine.. I mean I am alive an he takes adderall, vyvanse in the morning. Then takes 1mg xanax an 1mg klonipin 30 minutes after. This way I honestly have no come down whatsoever, it might be because my tolerance, or just me growing out of it.

How long has this been you're routine?

9. biggpri

biggpri

Reputation Points:
    I hate to sound like a broken record, but mixing uppers and depressants puts a lot of stress on the heart. If it has to be done, use a small amount of xanax, valium, etc.

Tags: