1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions - Vaping Liquid THC with an E-Cig

Discussion in 'Cannabis paraphernalia' started by 4bucks, Feb 6, 2011.

1. 4bucks

4bucks Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Okay,I had an interesting idea about 10 minutes ago,and it seems quite possible.

I've been looking into Electronic Cigarettes lately,as a way to get my nicotine without further damaging my body(honestly,I just can't use cigarettes anymore,it's killing me).

So,from what I've read,an electronic cigarette consists of 1 atomizer(which is similar to a vaporizer,as it turns liquid nicotine into vapor),1 battery,and 1 cartridge.

Now,a few minutes ago i looked up "Liquid THC".I came to this website www.truthtree.com/thc_extract.shtml.

So,do you guys think its possible to vaporize liquid THC with an electronic cigarette?

4bucks added 69 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

*Bump

Really?This doesn't sound interesting to anyone?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  2. Moving Pictures

Moving Pictures Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Well, it's midnight on a Saturday. Not that many people are on.

Also, this has been discussed before though I can't find the thread atm.

It would work, I imagine with hash oil but it would be damn hard to load and that oil is much more viscous than the nicotine juice those e-cigs use so it would probably clog up the chamber real quick.

But if you don't mind risking ruining your e-cig (I dunno how much they cost), you should go for it. Post results here. Try looking around for the other thread. I know it exists but I can't remember if the poster actually tried it or not.

Also, mind the self-incrimination.

3. 4bucks

4bucks Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Well,i don't think i was incriminating myself,seeing as I don't plan to do this,and I'm not going to do this because of my current legal situation.

I was just wondering if it was possible.

And I'm sure the steps stated in the link i gave could be altered to make the liquid less viscous,or perhaps something other than everclear could be used.

Edit*

Also,in my first post,I mentioned I'm looking into E-Cigs as a possible solution to my deteriorating health and funds.I don't have one yet,sadly.However,when I do acquire one I'm sure my faithful assistant Dank would love to give it a shot.

4. Smeg

Smeg Opiates & Opioids Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    55 y/o Male from U.K.
    But you've posted in the cannabis paraphernalia bit of the forum.

Anyway it would appear that e cigs for cannabis already exist, and Red has heard from Maude that the FDA has it in their sights to ban them.

5. 4bucks

4bucks Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    They already exist?Wow.I figured some aspiring entrepreneur would take up such a project.Any why would the FDA ban them?Apparently they haven't found any long term health problems caused by the e-cig.

6. stickinwoods

stickinwoods Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    4bucks, my dog Cooper has been thinking about this for a long time and you just gave Cooper all the motivation he needs to go ahead an try it. Cooper will be buying an e-cig soon, tried posting the link wouldn't let me, ill report back here with pics if anyones interested.

7. Drformanmillz

Drformanmillz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    There was a similar thread but it didn't pertain to THC, it was about JWH-018 and SWIM knows that it is indeed possible with synthetic cannabinoids. However the oil-based THC may prove a problem for SWIY.

8. 4bucks

4bucks Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Dank is so fucking interested. Please report back with the steps you took to make it happen,what the high was like,how it smoked,etc.Also,Dank thinks you should buy a few spare atomizers,as Dank is sure THC would fuck them up more than liquid nicotine would.But,you never know.

And bring pics!

9. stickinwoods

stickinwoods Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Cooper will be making the oil very thin for obvious reasons. He will order a bunch of e-cigs as there cheap from some site. Cooper will post back if all goes as planned.

10. junkbox

junkbox Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    4bucks, thanks for posting that site, SWIM went to it and decided to give it a try sometime here soon

11. TooFastTim

TooFastTim Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    This subject has been kicked around TIMS camp fire some was even attempted with a conventional vape with pour results seems as though there ate many products for this purpose some have dodge reviews the conventional vape made a mess of the oil and the vape

12. Smeg

Reputation Points:
    55 y/o Male from U.K.
    "What's so difficult about just smoking MJ in the conventional way(s)?"
    asks Maude.

"Why do there have to be additional toys for achieving the same result as the traditional route(s) when the smell of ganja/hashish/oil is just as prevalent and pungent no matter how cleverly hi-tech the gadget is?"

"Why the attempted disguise for an aroma that is unmistakable?"

Maude says alot sometimes.

13. 4bucks

4bucks Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    That's great!When you get around to it,let us know how it went.

Well Maude,whats wrong with a new way to toke?I had this idea the other night,and if Dank was able to,I'm sure he would try it.

Supposedly,the oil will not produce a pungent aroma.My idea was that if you smoked this with an e-cig,it would be very portable and you could toke almost anywhere,instead of freebasing it off of tinfoil.

Is my point made?

14. Smeg

Reputation Points:
    55 y/o Male from U.K.
    Maude just phoned saying that she has to concur with the very agreeable concept of making the whole operation more portable.

"On reflection it's a splendid concept, your Redness. And make sure and tell that young fella. Also tell him not to become too complacent in public places about the smell. Even though it's oil, it still pongs a bit and can alert all kinds of concerned types. It aso needs to be pointed out that E cigs still remain conspicuous because of their novelty factor, and can draw attention to the vaper because of this. Not sure about the US, but that's the way it is in the UK." She said.

Red Hat Harry agrees that the point is made and asks for further updates about the potential for E-cig vaporising of cannabis?

Experience and effects reports would be very welcome and valued, as well as comparisons with the more traditional methods of consumption.

It goes without saying that Maude will be kept informed of course.

No doubt she'll reply.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  15. 4bucks

4bucks Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Dank thinks that however strong the smell of ganja may be,there may also be a way of negating it.As the recipe for the oil in the link i gave stated,the oil supposedly does not give off a strong aroma.Dank knows it must give off some odor,but there must be a way to negate that.

Hopefully Stickinwood's dog Cooper can solve this.Although instead of buying many e-cigs,buy one e-cig and plenty of spare atomizers,as this is what will be messed up by the thc,not the entire e-cig itself.And,obviously,an 8 dollar e-cig is going to be extremely low quality.I suggest buying a 30-40 dollar e-cig,and spare atomizers at 5-10 dollars each.

Also,the oil could be diluted a bit with flavor concentrates.A link to some of those here.

This could be a potential solution the the oil being too thick,and possibly a solution to the smell!Although,what concerns me is that oil and water don't mix.You'd probably have to stir or shake this stuff together pretty well to get it to mix properly.Get a little dropper bottle,and fill some with oil,some with flavoring.Experiment with different quantities until you find one that is perfect.

Maude's reflections made me smile.:)

Edit*

Also,congrats on your 420th post Smeg

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2011
  16. Smeg

Reputation Points:
    55 y/o Male from U.K.
    Thanks, Dank. Yes it must be said that there are some bloody awful E-cigs on the market.Red found the right one. Works great and he has been tobacco free for nearly two years now. Health benefits noticed +++. As mentioned he would be grateful to hear of the more erm... exotic uses proposed. The portability angle sort of clinches it.

Smeg added 41 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Also Red would suggest using some canned air to clean atomizers properly. This method gets rid of alot of the shite that builds up, with the added bonus of extending the life span.

Rotating atomizers every couple of days or so (in conjunction with the above) also adds to their longevity.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  17. Sumeru

Sumeru Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    While I can't tell you whether or not it will work in certainty, I wish SWIY luck. I imagine that even the most seasoned potheads would get hit like a train by pure THC extract. If SWIY smokes enough of it SWIY may very well experience something akin to a proper trip.

18. 4bucks

4bucks Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Somehow,i doubt it will cause a "trip".But Dank is sure that the quality of the high will be stupendous,and coupled with great convenience and possible obscurity,this could be amazing.Thanks for the lucks!

Thanks for the idea Smeg.And you're right,you really get what you pay for when you buy things like this,and on the internet in general.

Also!Forgot something!You may need to buy the ego-t tank system and the ego-t atomizer if you buy the riva 510(which i recommend).The tank system is a refillable tank that you can put your own liquids in.As far as i know,cartidges are not refillable so don't go that way!Definite buy the tank system,ive seen videos for it on youtube and it seems to be exactly what Cooper and other pets may need to properly perform this.

This is not exactly the cheapest venture.If money is an issue,don't bother.Dank may be coming on to some money soon,and if he does,he will have it tested either by his brother Smokin,or his friends,Tits McGee and Crash.

However,Dank's money is not a guarantee,and he would probably find it hard to acquire said ingredients,notably marijuana.Dank would be ever so pleased if someone else would try this :)

Although it is not recommended(by me anyway),you may be able to test this with a lower quality e-cig.Perseverance,intelligence,patience,and a whole lot of extra atomizers will be needed.Good luck.

Edit*

Also,i must stress this should not replace traditional toking methods.It should be more something to use at work,in public,someplace where being discreet is essential.Instead of having to sneak to a discreet location at work,you could sit on a bench and toke to your hearts content,with no fear of being called out.Assuming we can find a way to control the odor.

Edit2*

And whats wrong with having a cool new toy?:)

Edit3*

Would Tincture possibly work?I've no idea what it's like,as Dank has never made it.But a friend told Dank its essentially a liquid thc.Any more info on this would be appreciated.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  19. Sumeru

Sumeru Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    SWIY should smoke near to 5 grams to the dome over the period of an hour and then get back to me on how that makes him feel. With little tolerance that amount can take many SWIYs on a semi-cosmic experience. Of course not in the same vein as LSD or other hallucinogens, but it allows SWIYs to experience the psychedelic properties of cannabis, I think. Cannabis in high enough doses can just give a taste of a truly hallucinatory experience

20. 4bucks

4bucks Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Sadly,Dank cannot partake in this.I believe Dank has already stated this,but he is on probation and therefore cannot test this out.Oh,how he wishes he could.He is still interested in this though,and was wondering if other SWIMmers would like to test it.It seems that a few may be interested enough to give it a try.