Vaporisers and hash

Discussion in 'Hashish & BHO' started by enquirewithin, Apr 24, 2005.

1. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    I have been told that you can't vaporise hash, yet some of the advertisements for vaporisers mention that you can vaporise resin. Can anyone inform me?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  2. pato_otnc

pato_otnc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hell yeah you can vaporize hash and weed.
    who told you that you cant.

pato smoking weed, crystal, pcp, crack and whatever i can get a hold of.

3. enquirewithin

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda

Someone on this forum! So you can vapourize anything you can smoke?

There are a lot of vapourisers on the market of differing prices. What experience do people have with different brands/ models?Edited by: enquirewithin

4. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    the Vaporbrothers one i have smoked out of before. And sure u can vaporize hash if u can get it hot enough. Most vaporizors dont go above 180*F i think. If u do a search in this section (marijuana using) and search my name and vaperbrothers (maybe 2 words) i have a whole post about it. But remember that a vaporizor works the best when your bud is finely ground up so that it heats on the thc up. isnt hash just a lot of THC? idk, i'd be nervous about it running down the side of the glass, but in the end that could be ok.

Muirner

5. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Vaporizers ... so you your pot doesn't go up in smoke.

I bought a Vaporizer at called a valve-set. There is a heat source, called the Volcano (but I just use a heat gun, which is a blow-dryer with a temperature gauge).

The concept of the vaporizer is: First, suspend some pot in-between 2 screens (one on each end of the pot).Then, blow HOT air through the outside screen, and vaporized THC resin flows out of the other screen.

Second, put a plastic bag over-and-around the inside screen. Then, when the "smoke" comes out, it is captured into the bag. This bag can hold the smoke for a long time (and without losing the potency of the pot).

Third, put your mouth over the outside screen, and suck out a wonderful hit ... and another.

The benefits of using a vaporizer are many. One, there is no smoke at all (except what is in the bag). So, the only smoke which wafts through the room is THE smoke I blow out. This makes it much easier to keep my house (and my clothes) free of the tell-tale smell of marijuana.

Two, when I take a hit, I can do so at any time I want. Instead of worrying about my joint using up (so, I'd better hit it pretty soon), I can leisurely take hits whenever I want. So, instead of smoking a joint (and losing at least 25% of it between hits), I get every drop of goodie there is.

Three, I can hit it as hard as I want, or as easy as I want. If I want to take a full-breath of resin, I can (gently and easily) take a huge hit. If I feel like I'm hitting it too hard, I can stop inhaling for 2 or 3 seconds (to calm down), and then continue that same hit. Then, the times I want to hit it easy, I can. I can take 10 quarter hits. This way, I almost never cough.

Four (really a small one), when I am done vaporizing, I open up the valve-set and pour out all of the stems, seeds and flowers (now either yellow or light brown). This means that I didn't breathe actual smoke from a burning object (a psychological boost).

This gadget is an amazing toy. I first heard about (and hit on it) in a Cannabis Buyers Club. A woman came around with it (and a 4-foot bag on the end). She quickly explained what the concept was: "Suck on this baby, and you'll get a THC blast." It sounded good to me. I took a couple deep breaths and inhaled hard. Wow! It felt like I had just took a bomber off of a water-pipe.Smooth, easy, tasty even.

When she said that I could get one at the OCBC, I thanked her, and left. Less than an hour later, I was the proud owner of a new way to do it.

Now, another thing: Hash works wonderfully well in a vaporizer. Just break it up well before you load it in. The only real difference in vaporizing it is the temperature you use to smoke it out.

For hash, the temperature for vaporizing starts off higher (at about 420 degrees) and ends higher. I fill up a couple bags at 420, then turn it up to 450 (and fill a couple bags), then 480 ... and ending at 520.

For regular bud, the starting temperature is 370. And the top temperature is about 490. If you happen to accidently hit 520, the pot will start burning (avoid it if you can). But hash is just resin, and therefore, doesn't burn until about 550 degrees.

The reason for steadily increasing the temperature is, different resins vaporize at different temperatures. The first bag has an almost perfume effect, it tastes a lot like the pot smells in the stash (with just a little smoke). Then, each increase in temperature changes the taste (somewhat), and the effect (somewhat more).

I hope I answered it well enough. If not, just ask me more.

Please don't post the names of companies! Cheers,MMEdited by: Micklemouse

6. enquirewithin

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    Thank you very much Solidly-here. That tells me a lot about vapourzing cannabis. My only problem now is getting one!

7. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    One thing I did not say in my vaporization lesson: A Valve-Set is legal to buy (and SO is a Heat Gun) ... at least, in the USA.

I don't know how the customs rules are in China, enquirewithin, but I imagine you could order one (and find out).

The Heat Gun I have is JUST a digital-readout model. There are many versions of this out there.Edited by: Micklemouse

8. t0m4m4ni4

t0m4m4ni4 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o
    Smoking hash in a vaporizer is actually smart. You save alot of hash. If you really want to get really high off a vaporizer, (take hash and weed) put a small piece of hash at the bottom of the bowl and some bud on top and start the vape process. (The inhaled THC is almost 12% higher with hash in it) You almost get a 98% THC extract. So 1-2 bowls would f*** up even the biggest pothead.

9. jgarlopa

jgarlopa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Cowboy would not recommend doing it exactly like this. He found that when he put hash at the bottom of the bowl, right on his screen, a tiny bit of it got stuck and clogged the screen. Cowboy thinks it's better to make a "weed sandwich" like he and his English friend did the other night: first Bloke put a little bit of his weed in the bowl, then they put the hash in the middle, and then Cowboy contributed a little ganja from his own stash to top it off. The high was very distinctive, since there was some really good Ice-o-Lator hash and two different strains of weed in it.

Solidly-here, thanks for the above answer. Cowboy was wondering why hash does not burn well when he puts it in his Vapor Genie alone, without any weed in it.

10. gpope

gpope Newbie

Reputation Points:
    48 y/o from U.K.
    Homemade black sticky (bubble/dry sift+BHO) clogs SWIM's Vapureyes as does bubblehash . Melts into the gauze , clogs and eventually tastes like shite . A real pain to clean up afterwards , gauze has to come off and be scrubbed with IPA . BHO likewise , better off vape-ing in a straight glass pipe with this stuff . Weed only for SWIM on the vape , hash gets rolled into sausages and shoved in J's . Other vape's using a hotplate may be better in this respect YMMV etc etc

G

11. Classy Cali Collectives

Classy Cali Collectives Newbie

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o
    LOL. Why in the hell are you vaping stems and seeds?

12. SullyGuy

SullyGuy Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    If the vaporizer is made out of a lightbulb it works nicely.

13. beentheredonethatagain

beentheredonethatagain Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    this is kinda old thread 2005 ish, still rockin!!! good to see old threads getting bumped.

subject at hand the vaporizer. for hash Nik has found turning up the temp to 412+ f will handle hash , bubble hash is what was tested .

the tar type hashes like Master Hash may not work so well .

Nik may need to make a run to the collective and make a small purshase , for test purposes only, of course.;)

Last edited: May 20, 2010