Vaporisers

Discussion in 'Cannabis paraphernalia' started by afroh, Feb 16, 2005.

1. afroh

afroh Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Hi all, i've never seen or used a vaporiser before, can anyone post back with a "how it works" and comparisons to normal smoking?

*AfroH*

2. fiftyseven

fiftyseven Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i think some googleing will get you all the info you need. i have a home built vaporizor bong, its basicly a thin glass crack pipe with extra holes in it. i think its better then smoking, you get less tars and shit, and i find that it gives a cleaner high. if you are looking to buy one deffinatly get the kind that uses hot air flowing through what ever you want to vaporize, the conduction ones kina suck.

3. afroh

afroh Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    cheers man,

*AfroH*

4. ezat420

ezat420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    A vaporiser uses a heat source to heat marijuana without burning it, rather vaporizing it. THC boils at 392 degrees F, so if it is heated to 400 F the THC boils and produces a vapor. This is not hot enough for it to burn so it does not produce the toxic products of burning.
    The vapor is not as harsh on the throat (though the taste can take some getting used to). A recent study found that water filtration systems are worse for the lungs than joints! This is because they increase the amount of tars in the smoke per unit of THC (thus one must inhale more tars to get the same amount of THC). This same study found that ONLY VAPORISERS contain less tar per amount THC than joints!

Check out MarijuanaVaporisers.com

5. Egzoset

Egzoset Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Qc/Can
    Salutations,

It's a question which sounds quite essential and yet the answer i got was incomplete when i asked it myself near the end of 2010.

Quite a few events occured since AfroH's initial post, the invention of e-Cigs for example. As an ex-smoker converted to vaporism i'd say the cigarette and e-Cig share a common feature: their release/transport agent ain't hot dry air alone. In addition, relatively to vaporizers there are 2 more groups i can identify: the "electric-dry" machines represent a vast majority of the commercial offers operating on air alone while a few exceptions rely on clean butane combustion instead.

Lucky me VaporGenie's concept provides "Inlet Self-Conditioning" (...) and this later method is the only way i can actually stand vaporism phycically, after a 5 years intensive search past my initiation day.

Clean combustion means butane is turned into energy (fire) + steam (H2O) + carbonic gas (CO2), which implies an additive in comparison to electric vapes: hot dry air gets mixed with relatively safe "potentiators" BEFORE the resulting release/transport agent brings heat inside a cannabic bowl. E. G. i figure it's similar to ovens exploiting super-heated water to improve cooking performances.

Please take note the flame must never be allowed to touch anything or it will generate contaminants that add up to those already present in the gas can. Then of course filtered cans are no luxury...

:p

In my own personal case previous cannabis vaporisation methods translated into frequent coughing, sore eyes, a runny/stuffed nose, rafale sneezing, itchy/rash skin, etc. The final solution is now illustrated by a photo in my album for sharing, details have been published here and there on the net.

Suitable aroma/taste appreciation is finally within my reach, too bad the manufacturer won't implement their own ideas - but that's a different story...

Good day, hae fun!! :cool:

Egzoset added 4 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Euh...

TYPO!!

I meant: Good day, have fun!! :cool:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016