Vaporizing techniques

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by raven3davis, Jun 24, 2005.

1. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    SWIM really wants to smoke some DMT, 5-meo-DMT, and DPT, but he unsure what the best method is. I have read this article

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt_info1.shtml#1

I found out about the classic DMT pipe and the freebase airpipe, but I dont really know what they look like in real life. WHat is the purpose o a classic DMT pipe and how does it work. Also what is a freebase air pipe. I saw a pipe that looked kinda like that at the head shop, and it had rubber gromets which could fit a regular glass bowl or even an oil burner. Water could also go in it. I also saw an oil burner bubler, which might be a good tool to usre for smoking these kinda things but im really not sure. I am wondering if anyone can more acurately describe these pipes for me, maybe even send a link for some pictures. The guy at the head shop said that the reebase pipe would work, just use about ten screens with it. Is smoking MT anything at all like smoking meth. Is the technqique basically the same or what. I have never been taught to smoke DMT, so I want to know the best way so that I will be more efficient with my use. If the freebase pipe is used, would it be best to stick a oilburner in the gromet or a regular bowl with a screen. It seems to me like an oilburner would be easier to heat up since you could just hold the flame far under it without burning the DMT. It seems like it might be kinda tricky to light the regular bowl, but maybe there is some kinda technique to it. SO if anyone has any tips, pics, suggestions or anything please let me know. Also, is smoking DMT, DPT, and 5-meo-dmt basically the same. I dont mean the effects, I mean the technique for smoking.

2. Eirias

Eirias Gold Member

Reputation Points:

Edited by: Eirias

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  3. genaro

genaro Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    the best would be to get a "crack pipe" also called "meth pipe" or "freebase pipe" which looks like this: =====O

it's completely made of glass, it looks like a straw with one extremity opened (that's where you breath the smoke) and at the other extremitythere's a little bulb (with a little 1-2mm hole on the top) -that's were you heat the powder (I mean into the bulb)...so this way the fire can't touch the powder so it vaporise entirely inside the bulb (so there's no loss of potency).

This is the best way to vaporise a freebase compound (this pipe is especially designed for this purpose)Edited by: genaro

4. raven3davis

Reputation Points:
    Okay cool I will look into a meth pipe. They call them oil burners here so now that I know how to smoke the DMT, I think I can get a freebase pipe and add an oil burner to it! I will post a picture when I buy the pipe, which will probably be later today. I have read the article, thats why I posted it, I just wasn't sure why a classic DMT pipe is used instead of a regular oil burner pipe. I guess it is all just a matter of preference

5. Dimitri

Dimitri Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Well in my opinion the absolutely best smoking device for baseing DMT
    or 5MeoDMT is definitely: the BULB. Most headshops have it, but you can
    also easily (and very cheaply) make it by yourself. You need not more
    than a bulb (should be about 1 $) a knife, a straw and a plastic bottle
    lid. There are also several picture construction guides in the net, and
    highly probable in this forums.

The professional ones from the headshops are a bit better and more stable. Between 7 - 25 $

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Eirias

Eirias Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Actually, there are a few other reasons why people use
    the "classic" DMT pipe versus other types besides simply preference--
    It has to do with 1)the depth of the bowl, which keeps the DMT in one spot, and 2) the V-shaped bend in the stem, which doubly helps prevent any liquid
    DMT from sliding into your mouth, and also creates a curve in the
    smoke/vapor path which allows the smoke to roll around a bit, thus
    increasing flow and circulation. A bubble in the stem would
    enable the same effect for the most part, but a V-shaped bend is
    probably preferable.

Unfortunately, I can almost guarantee that the only place that
    you'll be able to get a "classic" pipe is to have it custom
    blown. If you do somehow find a source for one, please let us
    know in the "sources" forum.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2013
    1. 4/5,
      well described tips with rationales
      Jun 24, 2013
  7. raven3davis

Reputation Points:
    I think I will just use this big oil burner my friend is going to give me once he is done with his tweak. I worry though that a ice pipe might not be the most efficient way to go about this. I know with DMT every little bit counts so I don't want to waste any smoke.

8. Marsofold

Marsofold Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from USA
    I tried using a glass "test tube" pipe and it was simply too harsh for me to tolerate. So I made a pipe out of brass plumbing parts available at my local hardware store. I use a thin bed of parsley ash on the screen to stop the melted DMT from oozing through the screen. And a very thin covering of dried parsley on top of the DMT to prevent direct contact with the butane lighter flame. I don't know how efficient it is, but it is MUCH smoother, which enables me to take deeper hits and achieve breakthrough.

9. raven3davis

Reputation Points:
    Nice idea mars. I think Im just going to buy a freebase pipe which has a grommet that will fit a regular bowl which I could put a screen in, or a oil burner. If I use the regular bowl, I will put a screen in it an lace it with some parsley. Otherwise, I will just use the oil burner and see how it works out. SWIM wont have any DMT until he does another extraction, and does the TEK with pics, but he will soon be experimenting with 5-meo-DMT. The amount of 5-meo-DMT needed to reach the desired effects is much lower than that of DMT. I will probably smoke 10mg or less the first time to get a taste of this chemical.

10. jaguarangel

jaguarangel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    There is a great article in the Entheogen Review, (I am not certain which
    issue) that describes the making of a pipe from a small liquor bottle I
    believe it is a Hennessey bottle with a concavity at the bottom. It works very
    well.

11. sentia

sentia Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Apologies in advance for the complete noobish post... I have never smoked anything in a pipe before, except for a bit of MJ in the US where everyone seems to smoke pipes. She is considering buying an Eagle Bill "Shake and Vape" vaporiser for her foray into the world of hallucinogens with DMT. A few questions...

1. Does SWIM put the DMT in the bottom of the bowl bit of the pipe, and heat from below (keeping flame a few cm away from touching the glass)... or does she put the DMT on the mesh above the bowl?

2. When melting the DMT, do the vapors just accumulate in the bowl, or does SWIM have to cover the end(s) of the pipe?

3. When smoking, the bowl of the pipe should be angled downwards, to prevent hot liquid from being inhaled... correct?