Drug info - vasopressin legal status?

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by Senor Gribson, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Senor Gribson

Senor Gribson Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    having recently discovered nootropics, i was looking for some cheap sources of piracetam to try taking for exams in december. while looking for piracetam, i came across a memory-enhancing supplement called vasopressin which is supposedly extremely effective in improving long and short term memory, and can supposedly prevent alcohol-induced amnesia. i'm one of those people who will often go somewhere to do something, then when i get there (even if its across the room) ill have forgotten what i was about to do. so of course, i was intrigued by this substance.

according to several websites, vasopressin is a prescription drug in the US. does anyone know what its legal status is in canada? i have searched for a good long time and can not find any info on this.

2. ThirdEyeFloond

ThirdEyeFloond Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    This message is on several sites, here for instance link removed I would assume it goes for both US and Canada.
    I know its on prescription in his country aswell. He has experimented with vasopressin's synthetic brother desmopressin, and found it to have quite an effect on especially short-term memory, and a very noticable 'high'/clearheadedness seconds after ingestion (I had anasalspray) but had too many side-effects (sweating like a pig, pissing all the time and feeling edgy at times) so he discontinued the use. SWIM can't say if the effects of vasopressin are similar at all so take it FWIW.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  3. sterling77

sterling77 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    Pissing all of the time was one of your side effects? That's wierd, it's marketed to suppress urination.

4. ThirdEyeFloond

ThirdEyeFloond Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    Yes it baffled SWIM quite a bit aswell for that very reason as he knew it was given to adult bedwetters etc. But SWIM guesses messing with a properly functioning system may cause adverse effects or the substance is just incompatible with his rather rare reptilian blood type :)