1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Experiences - Very gruesome closed eyed visuals

Discussion in 'Magic Mushroom use' started by Trippyness, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Trippyness

Trippyness Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    I recently acquired a nice amount of mushy goodness and I was very excited to trip as I haven't had a trip in 7 months or so. Now I'm quite the experienced tripper and every time I've tripped I've generally had a very good over all experience, other than a few times were trips got to intense but I've always been able to snap out of the bad trip and everything's gone smoothly but last night was just strange.

I was feeling slightly nervous before eating my mushrooms but it wasn't anything to crazy but to be on the safe side I started out the night with 2 shots then once those had taken effect I ate 3.2 grams of mushrooms (thankfully only this much as I had planned on eating 4grams before I had gotten slightly nervous about the trip) and smoked a couple of bowls of bud.

Now I don't want to make this post super long so I'm going to get to the point/fast forward 2.5 hours into the trip. At this point I was having pretty decent geometrical open eyed visuals but then I closed my eyes and that's when things got weird. My closed eyed visuals were filled with things like rape, murder, people being abused etc etc and this lasted my entire trip but only whenever I closed my eyes. My mental state was 100% fine and I wasn't worried or anxious or anything and when my eyes were open I was completely fine but every time I closed my eyes it was just filled with gruesome hallucinations.

Has anyone every experienced anything like this before?

2. detoxin momma

detoxin momma Just A Brick In The Wall Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from USA
    I kind of have. when i was nearing state of psychosis from sleep deprivation in 2015. it happened everytime i tried to fall asleep, and it gave me terrible anxiety.

the experienced changed me entirely, i cant hardly handle watching the news at all anymore, thats all we here on our news, rape, murder, death death death....While in this state of mind, images from terrible shows kept popping up to, shows where parents commit murder and stuff like that.

after that, i decided, we can only visualize what we've witnessed ourselves, be it TV or real life. i decided then and there to never watch certain types of television, still to this day. to protect the heart we first must protect the eyes and ears, ive reminded myself, and my children that several times since.

3. Trippyness

Trippyness Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    See well on what you said about you're only able to visualize what you've personally seen I do understand how that's 100% plausible (unless you've entered "he'll" in a trip that is), and I would say that I could stay away from seeing things like this the only problem with that is the job field I'm in. I'm in a perfesion we're decensitising yourself is necessary so me watching videos of death/carnage etc is nothing out of the ordinary for me and from a medical standpoint some of these videos are extremely interesting/good to learn from so it's hard from me to stay away from them.

But I will try my best to stay away from these videos unless I'm in a setting where these videos are required to watch because this isn't something I want happening again. I think I'm going to give myself a nice month or two break and do meditation during this break and hopefully by the next time I go on a trip I won't have to experience these type of visuals again.

Thanks for the feedback!

4. detoxin momma

detoxin momma Just A Brick In The Wall Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from USA
    i started meditating after my episode to. when i first started, it literally felt like i had to chop a path threw chaos and pain, to get to a peaceful meditation atmosphere, by atmosphere i mean my own mind.

i had to clean out all the bad stuff i had tucked away in corners of the mind before i could truly gain from meditating, but i guess clearing away turmoil, or whatever you want to call it, is gaining to.

good luck :)
    keep at it, its one of those pratice makes perfect type things.

5. Adas

Adas Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    22 y/o Male from Slovakia
    So you've combined mushrooms with alcohol and cannabis. And you're surprised you've gotten strange visuals? You are lucky your mental state was okay, IMO. I wouldn't combine cannabis with psychedelics, let alone alcohol. That's just dangerous.

6. ExtraMuggle

ExtraMuggle Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o Male from Europe
    A bit of hemp usually doesn't hurt if you're used to it, but I totally agree that Alcohol should not be part of the package. It is quite a strain to watch all the violence in the news, and this is one reason why I read more newspaper now. Especially in preparation to a trip, it might be a good idea to avoid graphic violence for a while. I do love a good horror films, but in a sense this is for my psyche what junk food is for my body - it is a liability that will be a strain on the system until it has been processed and worked out.

7. Milk toast

Milk toast Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    As much as I do agree with all the other posts on the thread, I also do have my own personal experience with gruesome images as well. If you are capable of tackling the idea without freaking out, what really helped me is to sorta face those visuals head on and confront what was "gruesome", "scary", or "disturbing" about them to me. I ended up actually being able to question and break down alot of those fears and was able to look at my visuals with being unnerved at all. I wouldnt say me breaking down those fears made me more.inclined to think in gruesome manners or to normalize it to the point where i enjoyed it, but i just enjoyed being able to look at the whole picture without fear. Just a thought to consider

8. Healer

Healer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Crypto
    It has happened to me 3 times. I attribute it to the onset of a panic attack and bad trip. I really wonder what triggers it for me because I do not watch horror films and I haven't looked at anything disgusting online since I found a foul website on Tor years back. I managed to quickly snap out of it last time I had a bad incident like this. You gotta train your meditation skills so you can better control your thoughts or at least let them pass on their own. Its helpful to learn how to distract yourself too. Do you have pets?