Vicodin and drug tests

Discussion in 'Drug Testing' started by sometimesx345, Feb 24, 2006.

1. sometimesx345

sometimesx345 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    A week ago my parents found my stash and on Monday they're giving me a drug test. They know I'll test positive for THC, that's not what they're worried about, they're looking to see if I took anything else as well. Today I got my hands on 20mg of vicodin, and I'm really looking forward to taking it. I know the best option is to wait for after the drug test, which is what I'll probably end up doing, but if possible I'd like to take it today. I'm small (125 pounds), with a relatively high metabolism. I know hydrocodone is not normally tested for, but my parents are specifically looking to test me for everything they can, and for that reason I'm suspicious that they might test me for it. I also, of course, don't want a false positive for morphine or any related substances. If I took it today I would be tested in a little less than 72 hours, is this enough time to be clean? Is there anything I can do to be SURE that I'll be clean? I knew someone who regularly used cocaine and would drink a gallon of water before her test and passed. Would drinking a lot of water over the weekend ensure me to test positive?

2. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    There is one way you can be sure you can be clean - DON"T TAKE THEM BEFORE A DRUG TEST! Seriously man, what's the rush? If you aren't an addict, what's three days?

3. sometimesx345

Reputation Points:
    Well, the main reason I want to take it tonight is that I'm going to see my friends tonight, who I probably won't be able to see for quite awhile, and I really don't like taking vicodin alone, which I will, most likely, will be for awhile after the drug test.

4. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    20mg won't go a long way between people anyways. That might be enough for one person - 2 real lightweights. How old are you?
    Seriously, don't freak your parents out by testing positive for opioids. You and your friends can smoke and drink and still have a good time.

5. sometimesx345

Reputation Points:
    Well, 20mg is only for me. My friends don't do anything harder than pot and booze for the most part, but they don't care if I get high around them. Actually, sometimes it's me getting high on vicodin or DXM or something. Drinking and smoking's not an option either, for various reasons. I'm probably not going to take them, but I am interesting in knowing what I could do to pass.