Vicodin question

Discussion in 'Hydrocodone' started by dopenose77, Jul 5, 2006.

1. dopenose77

dopenose77 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swim and his girlfriend take vicodin recreationally around 2-3x a month to relax, watch movies, and have more enjoyable romantic evenings. It has always been the favorite recreational drug. The last few times we've take them however, we've had poor results. The euphoria wears off much faster than usual and we have uncomfortable comedowns. Both of us get very irritable and lethargic for the rest of the night.

usual dose is 10mg (2 5/500's)

do you think upping the dose 2.5-5mg will reignite the spark or is that long lasting comedown free high now unreachable?

2. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    10mg of hydrocodone is not a high dose... but You should look into a cwe (cold water extraction) if You is looking to up the dose to more than 4 of swiy's pills (because of liver damage from apap). Swim recomends that if You feels the magic is gone to up the dose, or add a lil alcohol, or maybe try a different med. Swim likes to mix opiates with benzodiazapines in low doses (they have synergetic reactions so beware, same can be said with alc)

3. trip.more

trip.more Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    vics aren't the best thing to take they have acetaminophen in them wich is really bad for you liver.

4. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    either use a cwe and up the dosage to 15 mg, tolerance does build even with occasional use of opiates, or drink some grapefruit juice with the standard dose, which is supposed to increase the bioavailability of the vicodin.

5. Kristy

Kristy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Do vicodin always come with acetaminophen in them, as standard?

6. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    in the us, they do not make hydrocodone without apap... its a shame but easily solved with a cwe... lortabs and vics and such all have apap... but You can find ones with high amounts of opiates with low (325mg of apap)

7. Healthyhobby

Healthyhobby Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    What is CWE and how is it beneficial to SWIM?

8. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Cold Water Extraction. It benefits You by removing the APAP from the vicodin and thus saving You from liver damage or failure. It should always be done when using vicodin (or any painkiller containing APAP) in higher than recommended doses. Details on how to perform the procedure can be found here.

9. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    As many above have said a CWE will be effective. Make sure however that you monitor your usage. Upping your dose once wont seem like it's that dangerous or important but remember that if you keep upping that dose it will turn into an addiction!

10. cj1223

cj1223 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o
    You should take 4-5 of them mabe not your girlfriend, Your body builds up a tolerance to opium you cant help that enless you don't do them for a while. You shouldnt be feeling sick. entill your hooked.:) JK. I would suggest you trying somthing diffrent like tremanol I used to love vicoden, I took it so much i build up a tollerance, and I now get a better effect off of tremanol.

11. cj1223

cj1223 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o
    I think so, and im pretty shure that acetaminophen does increase hydrocodon effects.

12. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    In the USA there no hydro preparations that do not include apap (act. there might be a cough syrup or two but they often have guaf which is way worse)

13. acexnx316

acexnx316 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Some pharmacies actually compound their own mixtures.

To my knowledge, the most potent Hydrocodone preperation with the least amount of APAP is a custom compounded capsule with 15mg hydrocodone and 80mg of APAP. Anything with a lower amount of APAP or More amount of Hydrocodone would be at risk of being a schedule II narcotic (Every hydrocodone pill whether it be mixed with APAP, ie Vicodin, or Ibuprofen, ie Vicoprofen, is a schedule III because of the content and mixture of APAP in them to lower the abuse potential). And there are Hydrocodone pills/liquid with only Hydrocodone as the active ingredient (Not sure which countries they are in, but I do believe the USA is one of them), these are listed as schedule II though since the APAP is absent. This does not apply with Oxycodone. Since it is more potent and the risk of abuse is much higher, it is always listed as a schedule II narcotic whether the pill is a Percocet (Oxycodone/APAP mixture), Percodan (Oxycodone/Ibuprofen mixture), Roxicodone (Immediate release Oxycodone), or Oxycontin (Continuous release Oxycodone).

Pz.

14. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim decieded to crack open a novel (the PDR) Hycodan is CIII but contains hydro and homatropine methylbromide, I am unfamilar with the second drug, but if its anything like aptropine and datura... stay away. The other Hydro cough syrups are even worse packed with gauf and puesdo but dxm does a nice job of potentiating though thats a whole nother thread :)