1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions - Vicoprofen 7.5/200 vs. Vicodin 7.5/500

Discussion in 'Hydrocodone' started by Subconsuz, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Subconsuz

Subconsuz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was recently in a car accident in march I was prescribed Vicodin 7.5/500. It was not helping with the pain and the Acetaminophen was making me break out in a rash. My doctor was going to switch me to Percocet 10/325 for better pain management and less Acetaminophen but had second thoughts because of the addictive nature of Percocet. So he prescribed me Vicoprofen instead since it only has 200mg of Ibuprofen in each pill and you can take more in one sitting and plus it's easier on the organs such as the liver. I had never tried Vicoprofen before until today and took two when i got back from the doctor's office the same amount I would take of Vicodin. I was completely shocked to find out the Vicoprofen is a stronger than the Vicodin in the same dosage. I thought it might be in my head but some research online confirmed that with some scientific studies. It has to do with the Ibuprofen bringing out the Hydrocodone better than Acetaminophen. I wounder why Vicoprofen is the least talked about Hydrocodone pain killer and least prescribed. What do you think Vicoprofen vs. Vicodin. Why the difference? Why isn't it prescribed more?