Side effects - Visuals from Marijuana After Mushroom Use

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by xeroxio, Oct 15, 2006.

1. xeroxio

xeroxio Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Long story short I did an 8th of shrooms with 5 other friends and it was everyone's first time except 2 other people. anyways the first 3-4 hours went great, best time of his life. Later in the night after everyone split up his friend was driving him home. He felt completely normal and thought that the mushrooms had completely lost effect on him.

About 3 minutes from SWIM's house his left arm started to tingle and then in what felt like less then a minute his reality as he knew it spun out of control. Everything was a hazy green/black color, street posts were melting into the ground and everything was drooping. He turned to who he once thought was a very good friend soon became a total and complete stranger. He didn't even know who he was at that point. that whole phase lasted about 5-10 minutes. when I got home he somewhat composed myself and went to his room.

A few weeks later I was smoking some pot and out of nowhere an "Echo" as some people describe it, happend. He became terrified of his high and all these colors became bright and it reminded him of those 15 minutes of terror from when he was coming down from the shrooms. He quit weed for two weeks. Three weeks now and in the present. He just smoked some weed last night (He's been smoking it for almost a week with no problems) and he literally felt like he was dying. His whole body became cold and it felt like what he thought was reality was being ripped from his brain. It was painful, and it was terrifying. He doesn't know if he will be ever able to smoke weed again without thinking that what happend last night will happen again. Was this just another serious Mushroom echo? This last bad experience was just one bowl of weed.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2006
  2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Re: I don't know how to deal with this

Seeing as this is directly triggered by the weed in your opinion, it may be worth considering quitting entirely. It's strange that you felt effects such as those at the end of a mushroom trip. Usually with mushrooms the peak of the intensity occurs shortly after the come up. If temptation gets the better of you and you wish to smoke weed again, just try a small amount in a relaxed environment. If the problem persists, there's no point smoking anymore.

Also, the read forum rules. You've broken some.

3. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: I don't know how to deal with this

Weird experience. I don't think this has organic causes. Even if I am not very knowledgeable about this, it might be a psychological reaction. From what I understood, after a while of great fun and well-being, there was a time that felt like neutral, as if the shrooms were completely over. Then, after getting out of the car, the subject had a very bad panic attack.
    It is a common thing on shrooms that the comedown is gradually "waving", that means "high" feelings alternate with sober state of mind, until everything is over.

After this very bad experience on shrooms, probably the subject's psyche connects any drug, in this case cannabis, to the bad experience.
    If the subject wants, he could go see a psychatrist, take a long break (regarding drugs of course), and use this break to read something about set and setting.

4. omen8productions

omen8productions Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: I don't know how to deal with this: Effects of Marijuana After Mushroom Use

the effects described seem to be psychological.

5. PsychicTraveler

PsychicTraveler Silver Member

Reputation Points:

I've noticed a lot of wild stories of negative reactions (many stories are just downright unbelievable) being posted by brand new members with only a single post.

I'm not saying he's lying, because it could happen. He could be having lingering psychological effects. His dog might be telling him to change his mail route for all I know.

But he could also be lying. People have strange compulsions to lie about some things - like lying about religious "miracles". They think they're doing good.

6. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Could be possible he's lying. Although if one would search enough, there are LOTS of members who started a thread with a question or so, eventually posted another time in their thread to make their question clearer, and after they got the response, nobody sees them anymore.

7. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
  8. Fred the Janitor

Fred the Janitor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    recent trip followed by weed

so a few weekends ago, swim and his friend each ingested 4 grams of some potent mushrooms (most of the shrooms were aborts, none more than an inch long). they proceeded to have the best trip either of them had ever experienced. instead of shrooms they had tried previously where visuals mostly consisted of objects melting into eachother and geometric patterns as CEV's, the visuals of these shrooms were VERY detailed geometric patterns that were constantly changing, covering every inch their eyes could see in the room they were in. egos were at an all time high and nothing could stop them.

when they came down completely, they were both mentally and physically DRAINED. I could barely move from the place he was lying down because of how sore he was. swim and his friend decided to smoke a bowl to mellow out and finally go to sleep (about 4 AM by then). after the bowl was finished, they each got comfortable in their separate beds and proceeded to have an equally strong trip as before. the visuals were easily as intense and at some points even stronger. colorful spirals and patterns everywhere, closed and open eye visuals, almost comparable to what a 4.5 or 5 grams trip on these shrooms would be like. my friend even had an out of body experience. each of them tripped for about another hour, waiting to get tired, only wanting the visuals to stop, and finally fell asleep. they finally realized the true power of the drug combination.

9. Flimmar

Flimmar Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: recent trip followed by weed

Sounds like fun. You wouldn't know by any chance what type of shroom this was - I would love to try it out.

Anyway, nice report.

10. seechao

seechao Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from Canada
    Re: recent trip followed by weed

Any type, and almost all psychedelics, the only catch is you cant be a pothead, once you have that tollerance, it does nothing.
    I had the same experiance(well, no, but same type of boost) when he had stopped pot for about 6 months. SWIM noticed an amazing synergy... he hasent since, because I have been tokin' since.