vodka in bong to store thc?

Discussion in 'Cannabis paraphernalia' started by fnord, May 4, 2007.

1. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    ok so thc isnt water soluble,so bong water has little to no thc in it,what if swim were to fill his bong up with vodka thus when the smoke passed thru a little bit of thc would be left behind creating a stach for some day that swims all out,now swim knows that this wouldent produce much thc/resin but lets say swim kept useing it for like a month or so and let a ounce or two pass threw it,what do you guys think the end result would be?and would this be a purer product then just makeing hash with ethanol seeing as thered be no plant matter involed just thc extracted from the smoke?

2. svenghali

svenghali Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    That could concievably work. Bong water is pretty disgusting.

3. Veteran Joker

Veteran Joker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have nice pseduo hashish deposits on the top of his vaporiser. He's not tempted to smoke it yet, but it would certainly be more palatable than bong vodka/water.

4. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    well the vodka/water would be evaporated before use of course,but yes swims sure your vap would yeild a much funner stuff.

5. Veteran Joker

Veteran Joker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You mean SWIM's vape of course. I have it on good authority that it gets him fucked far more than joints, even his glass bulb vaporiser and that it was the best £30 ever spent.

I'm wondering, as vodka is an ethanol/water solution, won't the THC laden ethanol once evaporated also evaporate away the precious cannabiloids?

Also, here's a thing: In a bong, you won't find much (if any) THC in the water, as THC is hydrophobic. If you replace the water with vodka, you're going to make a condition that'll leech out the good bits from the smoke, making the smoke less pleasureable. And in which case, what you want to do is to maximise the surface area of the smoke bubbles before inhalation. A piece of thin cloth inside the bong, submerged in water will ensure that the bubbles are much finer. Toking up will be a slower process, but this will ensure a much smoother smoke with more THC dispersing into the vodka.

6. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    after the vodka evaps the thc/whatever will be in the water very little of which would be dissolved so maybe it could be filterd out or the water could also be evaped,

7. Quintessence

Quintessence Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Over a month sat in a bong the alcohol in the vodka may evaporate. I'm not sure what kind of residue this would leave in the remaining water.

8. Swimster

Swimster Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    how would you bubble the smoke, without having to inhale the shitty thc-LESS smoke? Unless.. you don't mind enhaling nothing but carcinogens, and other worthless stuff.

9. trptamene

trptamene Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM put vodka in his bong when he was high once, not to store thc, just to see the flavor...

It was no fun...tasted like a mouth full of pungent alcohol cotton candy, I dont remember if it got him high as he already was as such.

10. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    YUCK !!!!
    I want SWIfnord to think about all of the leftover, partially burned plant material, ash and all of it's carcinogenic components, as well as anything which has been able to grow on the portions of tar and plant material stuck to the sides above the alcohol which probably has some fungal toxins (though not to the degree that water would have). What you have is probably even more unhealthy than smoking resin...not to mention the taste must be repulsive.
    I was worried at first that the plan was to drink it, but either way it's probably well worth cutting youour losses and buying an extra bag to smoke. youour lungs will thank you...
    Scrapings from a vap are probably much more healthy, but SWIM bets they are mostly heavier tars and not a whole lot of cannibinoids..

11. Swimster

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well... Swim don't see why SwiFnord can't just do a simple extraction like the
    rest of the methods. ie: "Butter", or any other name you want to call it.

Here is a link that looks easy as hell, and real effective over most methods:http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=12571

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
  12. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    acetone is the best at getting the THC out, but it'll get all of the nasty byproducts of burning plant material too. Remember that burning changes the chemical makeup of plant material to a whole buncha nasty tasting carcinogens. I could not even speculate as to how nasty butter made with bong-booze would be, even with extraction...
    I would certainly be curious to be proven wrong, but feels it is not worth the effort.

13. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Swia remember when she saw some1 drink out of a bong using alcohol to catch the thc from the resulting smoke., we all said maybe you should be patient and evaporate, but the intelligent man new best but then so did his stomach and taste buds. U can imagine what happened.

Swia rather use a glass pipe and smoke kif (hash) in it and when she runs out, so heat the outside the glass pipe and smoke the resin. taste nasty but works remarkably well.

14. Swimster

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yea, I wouldn't play with the bong extraction idea. even after evap

15. fryingsquirrel

fryingsquirrel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    49 y/o from U.S.A.
    Don't try everclear, unless you desire morphine in a burn unit.

16. beentheredonethatagain

beentheredonethatagain Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    That's funny and so true . ford could tell us next week his story about synthesis of pure grain alchol into morphine drip.

Love ya bro just kiddin. really funny thou.

1. 4/5,
      bwahaha
      Dec 15, 2007