1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Health - Wanted: liver degression pic series

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by Alfa, May 13, 2007.

1. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    Jan 14, 2003
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    I'd like to have a range of pictures showing the degression of the liver due to alcohol abuse.

I have been looking in vain so far. Please post here if you can find it.
  2. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Oct 16, 2005
    from U.K.
    The stages of Alcoholic Liver Disease (ALD) are as follows:

1) Fatty liver

FattyLiver2.jpg alcoholicfattyliver.jpg

The green image shows how liver looks under the microscope: See all the fat globules?

2) Alcoholic Hepatitis (Inflammation). Unfortunately I can't find any decent images for this one

3)Alcoholic Cirrhosis

alcoholiccirrhosis.jpg cirrhosis.jpg

The first image shows alcoholic cirrhosis (top) compared to cirrhosis due to chronic viral hepatitis. The second image shows a cirrhotic liver under the microscope: Fibrous tissue and completely distorted liver architecture.

Below is an image of ascites (collection of intraabdominal free fluid and jaundice, associated with advance alcoholic liver disease

Last edited: May 22, 2007