Weed after speed.

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by xpr´k, May 2, 2006.

1. xpr´k

xpr´k Newbie

Reputation Points:
    bear with me through the info i just wanna make sure you have the full picture to base your opinion on.

I started partying this saturday night and took 2 XTC tablets of supposedly pretty high dose (140 ish mg) over a 3.5hour stretch. When he got home he was still wide awake and rolling hard so he put on counterstrike and started playing.
    Aparantly this experience was so pleasant he decided to go nuts and just skip the sleeping bit of that day.
    He started railing speed (non meth) at around 05.00h and had his last line at 9.30h, I believe that in that time he took about 4 15cm lines thin cut.
    He stopped playing CS at around 14.20h sunday afternoon and watched some TV. My world went black for 2 hours orso after that, he woke up from his cellphone around 17.00h when he got asked if he was up for a big night out.
    He arrived at his m8's around 18.00 shortly followed by another line of course, I took another 3 lines during the night.
    Around 02.00h he got offered a joint and took 2 normal hits like he would a normal cigarette.
    After that I got reduced to a total idiot with whome conversation was almost impossible.
    He couldnt remember for more then a few seconds and his movement was very clumsy and shaky.
    After an hour of annoying the others he started getting a little less hazy in his head and he apologised saying he didnt understand that 2 hits of a joint could make his brain act so fucked up.
    He got told by a friend thats normal when you smoke weed after speed, but it was the first this happened but not the first time he had smoked weed after railing a few lines.
    Swim figures being awake for 24h+ also had something todo with this.
    Swim told me in confidence the experience scared him in some ways, cause he knew he was acting very weird and extremely fucked up but just couldnt think straight enough to do something about it, he could almost feel his brain shutting down and starting up (it came in waves).
    He was wondering if anyone here has had similar experiences with this combo.
    Up to now he really enjoyed this combo and found it to be mellower then smoking without speed, but he's scared of doing it again now and needs some assurance that it was the long uptime or maybe some lingering aftereffect from the XTC (which at very high dose put him in a similar state once).
    His friend however keep insisting its normal for weed to have such an impact when your high on speed. Any thoughts/opinions are welcome...

Last edited: May 2, 2006
  2. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    Yes-- cannabis can be very weird when coming down from speed, especially when one is lacking sleep.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  3. xpr´k

xpr´k Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swim used to smoke loads of weed but after a while he had a serious panic attack one night. Since then he cant smoke alot of weed without getting somewhat anxious.
    Untill now he used substances like MDMA or amphetamines to kill the anxiety and he really really enjoyed getting stoned while on em.(needsless to say he doesnt smoke alot of weed, once a month maybe)
    Still its mostly the dose of THC vs the effects it had on him that has him worried, he wasnt really in the mood for getting stoned that time cause they were leaving for the pub shortly after that. He just figured he'd take 2 small hits to get a very mild buzz going and take the edge of the speed a little.
    He dreads what would have happened if he had smoked it normally...

4. Xcrement1

Xcrement1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    I know alot of people who constantly use this combination, if speed used in low doses it'd just ruïns the weedhigh, but at large amounts it does feel good smoking , however some times you really don't want to smoke a joint. Could be because your partying and you don't think about going rolling a joint, or if used higher amounts of speed the little nausea/confusion rejects the feeling of wanting go smoke a joint. Also the day after (if using occassionaly ofcourse) most people totally wont have the need for a joint while they normally 'always' smoke.

5. I Feel Like Dying

I Feel Like Dying Newbie

Reputation Points:
    X has experienced panic attacks while mixing weed with other drugs, and even with just weed. X is pretty sure this is normal. While mixing speed and marijuana, unless X is just looking to pass out, she makes sure the amount of weed she smokes does not overpower the speed, because this makes the experience almost completely stressful and nerve wracking. However, she'd like to add that she knows plenty of people who can continue smoking almost endlessly while on uppers.

6. ransacklw

ransacklw Newbie

Reputation Points:
    48 y/o
    In occassions when I have combined Speed and Weed it so the high of the speed was mellower and there was a little better chance of having the ability to sleep. However, that of course was after partying for a while and smoking the weed only a few hours before swim wanted to sleep. In swim's opinion the amounts can be where the problem lies not just in the combo- it mainly added to the dry mouth but gave the benefit of the ability to eat even a little somthing.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  7. Allan

Allan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    SWIM have smoked alot 2-5grams grass meanwhile taking ectacy and SWIM can tell you that youre memory gets real fucked up.
    Everytime it ends the same. With this conversation.
    SWIM/You mumbeling something. 5 seconds pass. Swim asks you: what the hell were we just talking about?.
    you: You have no idea.
    And this continues untill You sleep.
    Smoking while taking amphetamine( SWIM just taken pure amphetamine not speed) doesent really do alot, You just feels a lil more chilled but it only last for like 20 minutes.
    SWIM dont recommend You to smoke after beeing awake for 3 days+. The tunnelvision becomes insane, as well as the hallucinations and mindfuck.

8. ze

ze Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from bulgaria
    Yeah, smoking weed, after not sleeping for a long time, can cause this. Especially combining/after Extasy.

But! SWIM often enjoys smoking weed after some railing, of course combined with two or three beers. SWIM noticed very enhancing effect both on amphetamines and marijuana, when smoking MJ after some rails and beers. But when I have not been exhausted.

You drinks two or three beers, makes as much rails as You wants, and then smokes some MJ, and You will be super-brain. But if You has made rails all night, no sleep, no eat, smoking MJ, will cause exactly what You is describing in the first post.

9. ze

ze Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from bulgaria
    Can't find the edit button? Is there any?
    P.P. I used the beers to counteract eventual paranoya and/or panic attacks resulted from the combination. But only works with beers, not a liquer.

10. loveswimmingxd

loveswimmingxd Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I took half a pill with lots of mdma in it.. supposed to be of the best available in berlin now.. he felt an extreme energy rush and felt the NEED to stand up and dance.. then about an hour later he took the second half too.. (it's supposed to take 35-50 minutes till the pill takes effect). after ~50mins he was offered to exchange a pill he had left, for very strong chemically smelling wet speed.. and a generous amount that was at least 4 times the price of a pill. he then took a small line, it kicked in in less than 10 minutes, then I went back to where his company was and was offered 3 hits of "good" weed.. in less than 15 minutes after taking it, he felt like his mind was completely disconnecting from his body.. as if he couldnt tell and didnt care if what he was experiencing was real or a dream. he stood up, went to the bathroom, made sure not to look funny while doing it (he was surprisingly able to walk in a straight line and behave like nothing happened).. he started drinking water, then washing his face, and realized he almost felt nothing, like all nerves were disconnected.. he tried hitting his one hand with the other to realize he didnt feel it at all. he was scared he would faint any second now, anxiety got him all shaky.. it was really fucked up! he started breathing slowly, trying to snap out of it, and after about 15 minutes he went out of the bathroom and back to his company.. after about 45 minutes he started feeling better.

this experience was very scary to swim......

loveswimmingxd added 0 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

swim wonders if anybody/swithreadstarter had a similar experience before..

loveswimmingxd added 7 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

just to make it clear.. I was awake for less than 24 hours in total.. and normally doesnt usually need to sleep a lot to feel fit, so swim *really* believes this wasnt caused by sleep deprivation . . .

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  11. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swim actually finds the effects of mj on Dexedrine to be varied at best....sometimes he smokes and smokes to little or no avail....other times he takes a single hit and is quite stoned....its one of the only substances (aside from caffeine) I has even been ABLE to feel while on dexedrine...so something can be said for that.

12. fiveleggedrat

fiveleggedrat Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I find using speed on the second half of an amphetamine experience to be enjoyable, especially with different forms of speed that last longer and have smoother, slower comedowns. It prolongs the feel good effects of the euphoria and smooths out the body aches/pains and exhaustion. Sobering up from the pot can make one really tired, though, and fall asleep easily.

For cocaine, just to note, it's the opposite. A coke comedown and then pot is absolute hell.

13. EducatedUser408

EducatedUser408 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    SWIM strongly agrees with everyone here........I used to smoke a lot........Seriously, like 2 oz's every 2 weeks.........And all medicinal grade because My friends and I all had their cannabis cards.......Anyways, SWIM also noticed that after a day on "crizz", when I takes even 2 or 3 puffs, I am fucked up........Paranoid, heart beating fast, mind going in a million directions, and even sometimes having to breathe/take breaths manually instead of in being subconscious/automatic...........I find that in order to have an enjoyable high, I have to wait a period of 1.5-2 hours after using crizz to smoke herb........This time is spent drinking beer to counter/bring down the effect of the crizz...........Anyone else know what I am talking about??

14. loveswimmingxd

loveswimmingxd Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth

!!!!!!!! exactly!!!!!!
    SWIMe had another fucked up trip last night, this time he took a line of pure amphetamine and after half an hour another full line of speed because he still felt sleepy.. after 20 minutes he took a hit from a bong.. after 5 minutes he was tripping like previously described, losing touch with reality, having to breath manually etc.. but this time it lasted wayyyy longer. 4-5 hours at least and I am still feeling nauseous and a weird "afterglow". swim realised that holding his breath while he was "tripping" for 15-20 seconds, washing his face and hands with water, and closing his eyes for ~30 seconds made him kinda snap off it.. movement may also help.
    this was an interesting yet extremely scary experience. swim kept thinking that if he "let go" on a couch he would be in a comma or die, not just doze off.. I will definitely not attempt to smoke marijuana after doing speed..