1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Weed induced bad mushroom trip flashback/anxiety attack?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by merk1225, Jun 3, 2017.

1. merk1225

merk1225 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    19 y/o from Texas, United States
    SWIM smokes a lot of weed. Has been since I was 14 (is now 19) and has smoked daily since he was 16 or 17. SWIM has experienced minor anxiety the last couple years but never had an anxiety attack like the one I am about to describe. I tried mushrooms a couple of times but did not trip until he took a large dose of potent mushrooms a couple of months ago.

The mushroom trip SWIM experienced was extremely intense and basically was a "bad" trip. SWIM realized that psychedelics weren't for him and decided to never take them again and has not since. I smoked a bowl with a new friend and many other people he did not know last night after 3 weeks of not smoking because he has been working out of town. Although I smoked weed daily after the one mushroom trip and nothing was different or unusual when he smoked, last night was different.

He may have already been anxious because he was around so many people he didn't know, but 5 minutes after he smoked a bowl he started to feel weird. At first he felt nauseous, but then all of the sudden the exact mental feelings of the bad mushroom trip kicked in. He walked around the house, but then started to see a lot of colors and felt even more like he was under the same trip. It lasted a few minutes but by then he had gotten a huge anxiety attack. He had never had one before and was very confused what was happening and was thinking the weed could have been laced but remembered other people had been smoking before him and were all just baked and fine. He thinks the flashback of the mushroom trip triggered an anxiety attack but he is looking for other opinions. (Also, something that could have played in was that I saw his best friend overdose and have a seizure a month ago and almost die and this could have been in the back of his mind along with his brain reacting to a flashback).