1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Comedown - Weekly routine: Poppy Tea + Kratom

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by torotoma, Apr 22, 2015.

1. torotoma

torotoma Newbie

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o from Canada
    Hello everyone wondering if I can get some info on the following.

I got into Kratom about two years ago and decided to take a break about 4 months ago.
    I was hooked and didn't like the feeling of coming off it.

That being said I did like it and don't want to fully give it up. I also took Kratom to stop or cut down on my drinking. Which it helped a lot.

I am trying to stick to a schedule that includes Poppy Tea so I can keep it casual and not get hooked.
    I am aware of the dangers of poppy tea addiction.

So Monday morning I do a poppy tea and Friday Kratom. This takes me off alcohol for 4 days as I find the next days I have residual buzz.

I do feel a little shitty (physically edgy) on Wednesdays but nothing serious like cold sweats.
    Any suggestions for something I can include in my Wednesday schedule other than pot that will keep me safe.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

2. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    It is very easy for 2 days a week to turn into 3 and 4 days a week.
    If you have had issues of addiction with kratom or any other drug before then you would be better off avoiding it.

There is going to be a cross tolerance to some extent between kratom and poppy tea, you would be better just sticking to one due to that and kratom is obviously the safer option.

Maybe instead of using kratom and opiates you should look for another way to deal with your drinking issues?
    The danger is that you end up tolerance to both kratom and poppy tea and you have to raise your doses, or you start to take them more often until you are addicted. If you then add alcohol to the mix you could be in trouble.

Have you discussed your problem with alcohol with your doctor?

3. torotoma

torotoma Newbie

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o from Canada
    I hear you. I am going to stick to a schedule religiously. Won't make the same mistakes again. If I don't, I will quit entirely.

4. malsat

malsat Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    If you want to be able to enjoy kratom I would say stay away from poppy tea entirely. I found that a single use of poppy tea was enough to make the euphoria from kratom disappear for weeks until I took a break for a few weeks.

Concurrent use of poppy tea several times a week with daily kratom led to me having a completely insane tolerance to kratom and getting nothing out of it. I go though about 250g a week just so I don't get sick. I will be taking very long break just as soon as I have some time off to detox. Hopefully you can avoid the same fate. Kratom on its own should be enough for any sane person.