Health - Weird Hangover (DXM)

Discussion in 'DXM' started by DxCore, Feb 21, 2006.

1. DxCore

DxCore Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ive been experimenting with dxm for the past couple of months now occasinally totallying at around 8 trips each using a higher dose untill last night i have only ever tripped at night on dxm due to my work schedual, i used a significantly low does because i thought i had more robo gels then i actually had and i didnt feel like going out so i took them anyway, the dose was around 200mg of dex and it was a pretty good time. As usual i ingested the caps at around 10pm and effect usually hit me between 45 minutes to an hour and i usually lose track of time by then. but last night i didnt take them till around 12:15pm ..After really feeling the effects of the high 1st plateua maybe very low 2nd plateua for me i went and layed down and eventually fell asleep. When i woke this morning i still felt some effects and my mind felt like it was in a different place, ( i dont know if anyone else gets this feeling when the trip on Dex but its as if theres a cloud around your brain and nothing else matters except what your concentrating on at the point of time.) of course this feeling was only slight and lasted for the next 2 hours.

i was just wondering if anyone else gets this strange feeling.. and if trips are better at day then at night.

DxCore

2. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I agree that DXM trippin' at night is much better than the day. Althought, I have only done it a couple of times during the day, and many, many, many times at nite. It just seems more of night drug to me. Also, since DXM makes my eyes huge, takes away half of my motor skills, and half the time i can't even walk or talk right i prefer doing it at night with just myself or a few friends with less worries of getting caught.

3. DxCore

DxCore Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I hear you about the eyes my eyes get so huge and i take humongous steps when i walk might look strange if i walk down stairs to get a drink of water and my parents see me walking like that.

*p.s its unrelated and probably wrong forum related but what is the whole bussiness with "SWIM" could someone explain or send me to a link that does i searched but found nothing thanks*

4. Aaron

Aaron Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Discussing what drugs you took and when is as good as admitting guilt. Using SWIM makes people feel better about talking about experiences.

To the point, I like tripping late at night. His roomate does not approve of drug use, and would not be pleased seeing a robo-zombie stumble into the kitchen for something to drink. So for SWIM, tripping late nights works best.

I am not real sure what the hangover you are talking about is. It has been awhile since SWIM dosed that low, but on 600-700 mg, he usually doesn't have a hangover or an afterglow, he just feels normal upon waking up.

5. killthepoor187

killthepoor187 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM usually doses at about 700mg once a month and SWIM always has a very strong afterglow that slowly fades over the following three days. On the first day I am high as shit all day and almost tripping, if SWIM smokes pot he does trip.

But SWIM's signifigant other feels light-headed for about ten minutes when she wakes up, then is completely normal.

YMMV

6. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    About a year ago, I used DXM on a regular basis. Every morning after a DXM experience I would have several side-effects ranging from dizziness to lack of taste for food. I also experienced apathy. I think DXM has a broad range of side effects that last up to 48 hours depending on the person and their physiological makeup.

7. sometimesx345

sometimesx345 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I used to abuse DXM regularly, 3-5 times a week, usually during the day and sometimes at night. During the day would be lower doses, about 200-300mg. High doses are for nighttime. I have found that falling asleep while high does cause an odd "hangover." This is usually the cause, not the actual drug. I don't now why though. The first time my friend took DXM he took 600mg and fell asleep eventually, and when he woke up he had a HORRIBLE hang over. I have found that over time you either stop noticing the hangovers or they go away. Either way, you can avoid them by not falling asleep until your high has worn off, usually.

8. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    What is being refered to as a hang over, is more of an afterglow. I tend to think of days after that suck as an hangover, and something that's good an afterglow. When I used to "dabble" in DXM (18 of 21 days), the afterglow was almost as good as the high... ALMOST. But anyways. The hangover is a very simple thing to describe.

Know that your body takes DXM and converts it to DXO thus giving you the high.

With just ROBO max, your body will break down the DXM fast, into DXO gving you the very quick onset and the high peak. There is a point where the DXM --> DXO will be suttle, and not effect your high in any noticable way. Now this whole time your body is breaking down the DXM and other stuff, but when you fall asleep your body slows down A LOT! This will leave some more DXM to be converted and not "spent" and thus giving you a leftover of DXM/DXO in the AM, this is your afterglow.

WIth Dsylum this will be more prodominant, because the DXM --> DXO conversion is much longer, it is an extended release. Thus when taken with HBr, the effects are much more drawn out, and the afterglow can go well onto the next day/night

This makes me wanna "dabble again"

Muirner

9. sometimesx345

sometimesx345 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I have personally found a difference between the "afterglow" and the "hangover," but from what you've written she finds that it is most likely her opinion of it at that time. Often she doesn't want to wake up feeling anything, and when she does she finds it more of an annoyance than anything else. There have been times when I have fallen asleep on the 2nd plateau and woken up at the 1st plateau. She really likes it when that happens, to say the least!

10. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I found that all of his afterglows were very plesant. Even when he had to be at work the next day. There was many a night where I would trip until 5-5:30am and get up for work at 7:30-8am. I found that he could work really quick (or so it seemed) but everything was light (not in weight, but in feeling it's hard to explain). This was back when SWIM worked in a deli, and cutting meat all day was a breaze, the time flew by, and all I would think about was the previous nights trip, and how intense it was. Then he'd prepare himself for the upcomming night.

If your ever not enjoying the next day, take a few ripps of a bowl, and you will be straight. Though i think the state of mind has a lot to do with it...

Muirner