Weird "strings" in amphetamine solution

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by Memantine, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Memantine

Memantine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Hi, I am not a recreational user of amphetamines but he uses them when he has a lot of work to do. The source of these amphetamines I do not know the details but they are pharmaceutical grade Amphetamine Sulfate capsules. As I don't like to get too wired and doesn't really need to take a whole capsule he puts the powder in water to disolve and then divide by two with a syringe. I haven't been having to do anything this past week and thus left his syringe at room temp (its hot right now) inside a movie tape cartridge. Today he noticed the liquid had these straight and really thin strings of something he cannot identify, they were like 8 of them and look pretty much like when you crystallize a drug within a long tube. He pretty much doubts it would be the amphetamine recrystallized in water, and his scarce knowledge on chemistry tells him this kind of things usually form via "freeze precipitation" and its unlikely to find somethin like that especially in a cold-lukewarm medium. Fungi on the other hand are known to prosper with these conditions.

I wonder WTF are those strings that appeared on SWIM's syringe. I really doubt they are some kind of fungus but also that its amphetamine recrystallized. Would it be too risky to take the solution? Any ideas?

2. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    I have noticed something similar when dissolving extracted propylhexedrine HCl in water. Small, thin strings of some slightly off-color precipitate. Note that propylhexedrine is chemically similar to dexedrine & methamphetamine. I do not think it has anything to do with fungi, but he doesn't know the answer either.

3. Memantine

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Has SWINIcaine taken the solution anyways? Did he perceive anything unusual? Didn't his chest and back begin to grow massive off-color crystalline follicules?

4. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    LOL... I haven't injected propyl (too risky, it's a seriously potent local vasoconstrictor), just plugged and/or snorted the dissolved solution. Sorry he can't help on that point.

5. Memantine

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    no man, I don't intend on injecting that shit, no way. He just wanted to know if he could take it orally and be fine. Apparently the answer is yes.
    How is it to snort liquid anyway? ouch
    Now I wonder if its at all possible to actually have an active solution apt to inject. SWIM once tried to inject from these same capsules but gave up as the fillers kept on getting in the way. He then squirted the water to his mouth and waited... the solution was slightly active but somewhere along all that filtering most of the drug was lost. SWIM though he knew: Does anybody know if Amph. Sulfate is readily soluble in water? What could it had been in the fillers that held the amph. molecules from the water if it actually is?

6. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Depends a lot on what's in the liquid. Dissolved propylhexedrine is much easier on the nose than crystals, but not exactly 'easy'.

Tags: