Wet IS Formaldehyde, claims Rehab Counselor.

Discussion in 'Dissociatives' started by Sklander, May 20, 2006.

1. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    First, some background. I am in treatment for court advantages. I don't think he needs it and isn't addicted to anything, nonetheless, I have to play their games till the end to get a good recommendation and so it will look good for SWIM's case.

SWIM's counselor said yesterday that wet/sherm/dip/fry is formaldehyde, and that very rarely people smoke PCP. I tried to explain to her that if someone is saying they smoked wet/whatever they are referring to PCP (even though some Idiots think wet is ACTUALLY formaldehyde). SWIM told her that yes, people have smoked cigarettes dipped in formadehyde, but to grave consequence, formaldehyde is a slang because people would walk around like zombies when they were tripping off of PCP. She didn't buy it and told SWIM he was wrong.

This is what I want to do: bring in some kind of documentation that proves her wrong. It irritated the shit out of SWIM that he had to be complacent and say "yes, you're right" to her when he knows that she is completely false. Anyone have anything?

2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    just quote some 2pac at her. "its like a sherm high/n****z think they learn to fly/but they burn muthafucka you deserve to die". then point out that no one has ever thought they could fly from formaldehyde.

3. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    First off, formaldehyde is a gas at room temperature. Secondly it is generally supplied as a 37% solution in water with 10-15% methanol. Thirdly if this was present, it would be impossible to ignite (smoke). Once this had dried, all formaldehyde would have evaporated into the air. Rather like this councelor's argument.

Go stuff this basic chemistry lesson in her face. I'll bet the rest of her "facts" as good as this one. Has she made you see Reefer Madness yet?

4. Dogears

Dogears Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Why do you care what she thinks? She is a moron and not open to the truth. You cannot argue about reality with someone who is fundamnetally closed to it.

5. RunRedFox

RunRedFox Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have also been to rehab and understands your frustration. I got ALOT of shit when he continually proved his counselors wrong. I think not to piss off anyway You may need to help them out in court.

6. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    Wow. I do not care, but I feel it is my duty to educate her so she doesn't keep lying to people. Get this, the HEAD DOCTOR had a lecture on drugs. So, he breaks drugs down into four categories to talk about them... blah, blah, blah, then halluncenogens. He puts MARIJUANA and LSD in the category and says, "All other psychedelics are 'break offs' of LSD." I almost coughed up my water... but didn't say anything. Its crazy what these people think.

Thanks for the facts, Nag. I have done research and verified your claim (not saying I didn't trust you, but SWIM and you both know how she would act at a 'forum claim'... thanks a million for the fact).

http://www.headlice.org/lindane/chemicals/formaldehyde.htm
    http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/pcp/pcp_info6.shtml
    http://www.inch.com/~jholland/julie/illie.htm

According to research, embalming fluid is not JUST Formaldehyde. It is a combination of quite a few chemicals... some producing hallucinations. It seems that I was right and she was right at the same time. It depends entirely if she said the word formaldehyde... YOU CANNOT SMOKE PURE FORMALDEHYDE LIKE NAG SAID. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE VIA THE LAWS OF PHYSICS. Embalming fluid contains ethyl alchohol, this seems to be the psychoactive ingredient that keeps people coming back to it. Why not just dip a joint in Everclear... seems to SWIM it would have the same effect.

DUMBASSES

7. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Hahahaha a very funny read. You would of thought the counsellor people would of know better rather than recite crap which is flawed.

8. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    WANTED: Drug Therapist in ReHab. No Experience required. Will train. Must know how to read. Call Dr. Crackers @ xxx-xxxx

9. lilsteve

lilsteve Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am currently in rehab and gets a free lunch and acupuncture everyday. he says its not bad at all :p

10. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Yeah thats not to bad. Only this counselor is'nt really switched on to what is reality (not that swia can talk lol,,) and is caught up in the miss mash of slang terms used to describe PCP.

11. fastandbulbous

fastandbulbous Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    The reason people like her get to perpetuate such bollocks is because the only people in a position to contadict her that she'll come into contact with are like the OP, who are not in a position to 'rock the boat' as that could result in a less than favourable report being sent to the court.

If she were ever in a position to try and perpetuate that view in the company of toxicologists who specifically deal with drugs of abuse, she'd be laughed out of the room. It's easy to win an arguement when nobody dare disagree with you

12. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    Rehab is an interesting animal. I have noticed that even the facilitator groups LSD and Marijuana as the "two major groups of Hallucinogens, with all others like: K, Mushrooms, Peyote, and PCP being sub types of LSD." This is an exact quote. Anyone else find this information a bit misleading?

He didn't know what DMT was, so I didn't bother...

13. illuminati boy

illuminati boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I have been in the interesting position of having gone to numerous substance abuse educational workshops and conferences with some of the leading prohibitionists in North America (good ole CEUs). At several of them I actually took notes and recorded what the speakers and educators were ‘teaching’ substance abuse and mental health professionals about drugs, persons who use drugs, and substance use disorders. Here are some quotes from various conferences verbatim:

Drugs and drug users were referred to as “perversions” by the then Director of SAMHSA. She went on to extol the virtues of Faith Based Initiatives and utilizing the US Military in domestic drug enforcement.

I almost fell out of my chair when a regional ‘drug czar’ figure flat out stated: “Jail just is not working.” But that only happened once, and was followed by no real discussion of alternatives besides jail or treatment or jail sentences.

One of the presenters handed out pamphlets entitled: “CLUB DRUGS: From Rave to the Grave” & “Hallucinogens out of your mind.” It took real control not to laugh or yell when they listed the overdose effects for LSD as: “Longer and more intense trip, psychosis and possible death.”

A therapist who will remain nameless asked one of the leading police officers what they thought of the psychotherapeutic potentials of MDMA. He gave the party line that any benefits achieved through MDMA therapy were only ‘hallucinations that wore off when the drug did.’

The Senior Advisor for Demand Reduction, White House Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) went on a tirade about the dangers of, get this, persons who use drugs without problems. She went out of her way to state that getting non-dependent users arrested was the “key to stopping drug abuse” because “non-dependence fuels epidemics.” She made an argument, not unlike one previously put forward by Bill Bennett, that people who can use drugs w/o problems are like plague carriers who infect others. She made it clear that since these persons are “not responsive to prevention” they need to be addressed through criminal justice options!

Numerous people stated: ‘today’s marijuana is more dangerous’ because it is “not you mother’s marijuana” and “BC” marijuana can be up to “40% THC.”

One speaker bragged that they had “never, never, ever, ever, never used drugs.” Without pause they sat down to their morning coffee while the next presenter talked!

The fact that drug councilors would only think that PCP is formaldehyde almost seems rather cute by comparison.

I B

EDIT: Full Text HERE and HERE.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  14. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    IB: You findings should be printed up and posted on the net - with the admonishment that school-age kids are NOT to make copies and distribute them to their friends.

Let the riots begin!

15. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Those are most interesting experiences. I'll bet there are more where those came from.....

16. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
  17. nwpsychonaut

nwpsychonaut Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    Well, I guess I am just a "plauge carrier infecting others" because he can maintain a normal life while smoking weed, doing heroin, doing ecstasy, eating mushrooms - with zero problems

18. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    Good to see that this topic is still in existance. I am glad to know that he isn't the only educated person going to rehab.

Prohibition is a joke and so is the disease of drug addiction. I have been forced to attend MANY AA meetings and has even been working a great program *subtracting all the using I have done* and feels that even if you aren't "addicted" to something it betters you as a person.

However, DISEASE IS NOT AN ADDICTION, in SWIM's opinion. STOP DOING WHAT YOU"RE DOING, and if you say that you're in denial. Whatever, I only have a few months left. People who go to AA replace AA with their previous drug addiction which they were not strong enough or disciplined enough to handle. Oh well... I am venting because of how laughable this program is. If I want to stop using drugs I STOP. I do it for every two weeks before I have to go see a probation officer. Not hard.

Bottom line: America has a sad view of drugs and their potential benefits. I am out of Rehab now, but won't go back. It is simply propaganda.

Don't get in trouble, y'all.

19. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    There's something so bizarre & f*cked up about this, SWIM just sat here for a minute with his mouth dropped open after reading it.

There's something deeply sick about these senior "drug war" people and their attitudes. To the point of overt mental illness masquerading as authority.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  20. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    deleted double post.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2006