Effects - What are the Effects of Psilocybin Mushrooms?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Stephanie, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi! I’m in the last year of high school now, and I have to do a large project to graduate. For my project I have to investigate the influence of drugs on the brain. So I need to know what people feel when they use some kind of drug. I know that I can find everything on the internet about that, but I have to do my own research. And because I don’t want to try everything myself, I’m asking you this: What do you feel/ hear/ see etc. if you take magic mushrooms?, so in short, what are your experiences whit it? You will help me a lot if you answer this!! Tnx, Stephanie

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2009
  2. mimo

mimo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    the magic mushroom is not a drug like all the other, its like when you eat someting who poison you (good poison lol). depending on your body, on your starting mood, on the people around you etc, the effect vary so f**king much. the first time i did it i was playing gta vice city on the ps2, when we got out me and my friends, it was exactly like i was in the game, i was saying yo my friend who was driving, it the mammy!, things like that, but anyting anybody said was making me laught like i never laught before lol

and on the second time i did it it was completely different, i was with 5 of my friends sit on the outside of a closed cofee shop, and we where talking about things like, why are we on earth, is there a way do understand thing better, you see the kind

so what i suggest you is: try it! and tell the story of your trip or travel, its gonna be much more interessting!!

3. cornproduct

cornproduct Newbie

Reputation Points:
    which type of mushrooms make you see purple people for several hours but you cant get bad trips from. what do thai mushrooms do also. thank you m'children

4. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    You can always get a bad trip. Psilocybe mexicana and Psilocybe tampanensis will give you a happy feeling, which almost excludes the chance on a bad trip. The duration of thetruffles effects is 3-6 hours. (15 grams)

Thai mushrooms are psilocybe cubensis, which will give you a wild happy trip. The trip's intensity goes on and off, giving you the time to aclamatisize to the new reality. The duration of 30 grams is 5 hours.

5. reusablepheonix

reusablepheonix Newbie

Reputation Points:
    loss of time.

colors turn neon and florecent.

Ever stare at the clouds and see faces? When your on shrooms the brain sees faces and shapes in everything you look at, your entire field of vision is filled with faces that move and change expression if you focus on it.

My hand turned into different paws, claws, hands from different animals...one second my hand looked like a hoof, then it morphs into a claw.

As long as your mentaly healthy and the dosage is responsible, it is easy to control, and to recognize its only a halucination.

Distance and size comprehension gets all screwed up...when you stare at a salt shaker, it will all of the sudden look like its 10 feet tall....wierd and fun distortions of shapes and sizes.

When you sit and internalize the mushroom expereince, such as dwelling upon past memories, or self reflection, it can be a very phycologicaly powerful positive or negativeexpereince.

My last experience was so negative, I havent done shrooms for 6 years I started to dwell upon depressing things and my mushroom trip turned into a down ward spiral of utter despair and unhappyness for about 4 hours all I did was cry.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2007
  6. Mole

Mole Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I personally found that this drug gave me a calm relaxed fealing, and that my body was slightly lighter that it normally was and fealt about an inch higher than usual. This reaction was during a heavy night while at a festival, and I tend to get different reactions from most people.

A little Cannabis fills me with energy and makes me want to go clubbing till 6am. But the different reactions i get may be due to my dyslexia (a learning dissability that means that you interpret and process information differently from most people, and so you have a more unique style of learning that suits your skills/personality).

P.S. Did you know that Einstein was dyslexic?

7. plexus

plexus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    there anrent and specific "purple people" strain... im sure theres a chance to see purple people on any strain, but theres no way that a strain can have purple people programmed into its genes... and you shouldnt worry about bad trips at all... the only way to get bad trips is to think about bad trips. if you get a bad thought on shrooms, its an easy path toward bad trip-dom... the first thought youll get is... uh oh... hope i dont get a bad trip.... stay positive. think happy thoughts.