Drug info - What are the effects of Tobacco?

Discussion in 'Tobacco' started by Thirdedge, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Thirdedge

Thirdedge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I do not smoke Tobacco and is interested in what effects a Tobacco smoker gets from having a smoke. I tried several times many years ago as a teenager and remembers a headrush with mild nausea, but their must be more to it than that for it to be so popular.
    Erowid states effects classification as Stimulant, yet some claim it to be relaxing. How would smokers describe the effects of having a smoke?
    Does it keep you awake, help you sleep, calm you, motivate you or give you a euphoria?

2. boylizard

boylizard Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    nicotine is indeed a stimulant, however, the calming effect some note is because the nicotine intake from a cigarette alleviates the withdrawal symptoms (anxiety).
    I has gotten everything from headrushes to complete body highs - even with tolerance - I smoked some cigarette tobacco from a pipe, hit it hard and long, and hold it long.

3. Buddah

Buddah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Do not start smoking tobacoco! Yea, the first couple of times it gives you a head rush. After that there is nothing Belive me im one of a few that dont smoke in my little group of friends. All cigerettes to is kill you more... you dont really get a high after the first times then you get addicted... SMOKE BUD,Salvia, hell even CRACK just not cigs......

4. boylizard

boylizard Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I dont suggest smoking cigarettes at all, but if done right tobacco can provide a great occasional recreational buzz.

5. Thirdedge

Thirdedge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Swim already clearly understands Tobacco can be harmfull and addictive, not recomended etc.
    He is specificly trying to understand the 'Psychoactive Effects' that a smoker recieves from smoking, IE: A Tobacco 'Trip Report' - in what ways does the user feel diffrent after smoking as opposed to before smoking?

6. ThePopeIsMyPal

ThePopeIsMyPal Newbie

Reputation Points:
    u feel calmer and relax like a good anixiety killer like some1 stated already

7. x cynic x

x cynic x Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    if swiys not addictied then a cigarette may bring a slight wave of euphoria but if swiys addicted than a cigarrete will do nothing but temporarily subside the addiction

8. blinkKDX

blinkKDX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    swim suggests if anyone wants to get a buzz go with dip. it will knock the socks off any swimmer that still has a nicotine v-card.

9. baron samedi

baron samedi Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I think there is a high with tobacco, just he stopped getting it after a year or so.
    He says his first cig of the day used to make him feel happy and devoid of anxiety for quite a few hours after use.
    Once you've been smoking for years though, the only high you'll get is while you're smoking, if anything.

10. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    This SWIM suggests that one doesn't use a carcinogenic, higly addictive drug for a "buzz"!

~Dark

11. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Not true. The "buzz" is probably the brain's starvation of Oxygen, or as some idiot found out, Nicotine overdose (which can be fatal, y'know).

A friend of mine chewed a whole pack of my Nicotine gum to see what would happen. Wanna know what he saw?

He saw a hospital ceiling.

~Dark

12. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Nicotine increases brain levels of dopamine (pretty sure anyway it's not a reuptake inhibitor) and that produces a definite high... it's just a rather subtle one, particularly for those who have been using nicotine for years.

Combining nicotine with cocaine (note my username :p) can make nicotine's effects much more obvious... not that I would recommend this.

13. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Well I never.... ;)

14. LiLiTH

LiLiTH Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from costa_rica
    The worst thing about tobacco is that after the initial 'nice feeling' of smoking during the first months what is left is a nicotine dependance, some people don't even enjoy the act of smoking, they just need it.

15. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    That's true. To the point of agony.

Fucking cigarettes.

Off them 2 weeks today, though :D And well fucking proud!

~Dark

16. seeingred

seeingred Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    really? I have nicorette 2mg, and just chews one a day because of the stimulant effects- it seems less bad than adderall or ritalin, and I am having a really hard time focusing on anything at all. didnt know the gum could be harmful, but looking for anything that will combat the ---tired spaced out cant think focus read thing--

17. Codehead

Codehead Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from finland
    When I'm on opioids, no mater which one, codeine, tramadol, bupre, etc, I find that nicotine gives really nice euphoric rush, even when you are already on euphoria. I think opioids make nicotine effects much stronger, or nicotine makes opioid effects much stronger.

18. Codehead

Codehead Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from finland
    Off-topic
    Why I can't edit my posts?

19. vantranist

vantranist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from antigua_and_barbuda
    same with amphetmines, and mushrooms, it seems it really jusy synergizes well with anything I am on.

tabbaco by itself has no value to swim

20. all_time_high

all_time_high Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from india
    You can't edit your posts because this forum offers editing of posts as a privilege to Silver Members. You can be one by donating.

SWIM clearly remembers his first cigarette. He was 11 and immature to start so early. After inhaling his first tobacco smoke he felt heavy headed and nauseous. He sat on the ground immediately because he felt week in the knees. The nausea wore off in some 30 seconds and he felt relaxed and euphoric for the next 5 minutes. It definitely felt nice because that was the first time he ever did a drug recreationally.

I couldn't forget that feeling and he once again resorted to smoking tobacco when he was 15 for several reasons (personal trauma, peer pressure, curiosity). That was when he became a regular smoker. The tobacco smoking acted as a stimulant(just like caffeine) for him and he smoked when he was tensed or when he had nothing better to do. Smoking then hit him in the head slightly and him feel better. You can say slightly euphoric.

It was after smoking regularly(say 20 Marlboro reds a day) for some 5-6 months he realized that smoking no longer makes him feel better or euphoric but not smoking makes him dull and depressed. He was continuing to smoke just because it was a habit/addiction without any added effects whatsoever. I tried lowering it down gradually and was able to lower it to 1 cigarette a day.

I say that as of today tobacco hits him when he smokes his first joint(he rolls his own now) in the morning after a sleep even when he is very tolerant. He smokes 3-4 locally grown fresh tobacco joints in a day and they make him feel better and euphoric.