Opinions - What do I do if I Have a Bad Trip?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by binky13, Jun 25, 2004.

1. binky13

binky13 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ive never done any drug besides weed and wanted to try shrooms. im just afraid i will panic when all the cool effects take flight and wanted to know if there is any comfort tips to pull you out of a bad trip?

2. Insane Asian

Insane Asian Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    you shouldnt take shrooms if you have any doubts at all about it. if you have doubts about taking shrooms it increases the chances that youll have a bad trip. on shrooms you can become very paranoid and you might panic, if you panic you might start seeing things that scare you and then youll think o no im having a bad trip and get scared. if you start having a bad trip just dont panic. as real as it seems try not to freak out just leave the area if something scares you. you should also keep lights on wen on shrooms, you can become easily scared in the dark on shrooms because of all the shadows. since all shrooms are doing is poisoning your body wen you take them you will get a feaver like condition, ie. youll sweat and have a high temperature, if you are really starting to get scared take a cold shower. the cold shower will lower your temperature and stop some of your hallucinations, this is simmilar to when you have a very high feaver and you start having mild hallucinations and you take a shower or put ice over your forehead to lower your temperature.

3. ezwdr420

ezwdr420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    the most important thing to do if you start to have a bad trip is stay calm and constantly tell yourself youll be alright.

4. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    The best advice I can give you is do not take a big dose out the shoot. As with all things, being nervous about something new and unexplored is normal. Its best to start small, with something you will be able to handle. I always recomend to first timers, to do no more than one or one and a half dried grams to get the feel for them. This will not be too much of an overload on your system, nor will it be enough to totally send you to mars, or have an out of body experience, but enough to enjoy and still keep your head about you. You can always up the dose next time. I hate to hear about people who start out with a level 5 trip, and then end up hating the shroom.

If you are worried about having a bad trip, which alot of even experienced people do, its good to have valium or xanax handy to bring you down some. Its always a good idea to remember, no matter how bad it gets, it WILL pass. There are no documented cases of anyone dying from shrooms. There are plenty of stories of people getting stupid while on them tho. If you can, have someone there who is not trippin to keep you from freaking out and then, lets say, going to the ER because you think you are dying, lol. Have them hancuff you to your bed if necessary. It wont last forever.

Shrooms are exactly what you make them, as long as you respect them and not play badass psychonaut your first trip.

5. poorphucker

poorphucker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    What about niacin? I have read that at various sites?

az

6. Kemikaru_Tenshu

Kemikaru_Tenshu Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    Supposedly sugar, vit B3, and vit C help diminish the effects. I have never PERSONALLY experienced this (or for that matter the need for this), but I had a close friend freak out after eating a 2g stem (yeah it was huge) and some shake. Afterward he told me that the massive dose of vitamins and a candybar calmed the visuals down tremendously, but did nothing for the "cramped" feeling he got in his stomach and legs. From my point of view, at least he quit crying.

Mushrooms are a magical, magical substance. The first time you take them, take a small amount of CAPS, and work your way up from there. NOW THIS IS IMPORTANT! Give each successive dose at LEAST an hour and a half to come on. Mushrooms usually take LONGER than acid to do their magic as they are harder to break down.

My friends problem came about after he ate the stem and thought that because he wasn't feeling much an hour later he needed to clean out the rest of his bag to get off. Don't do it.

~KT

7. xMeTaL HeAdx

xMeTaL HeAdx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    calm urself down, tell urself it'll be ok, drink lots of liquids, and take vitamins. The key is not to panic. If you still have problems, and are worried, get urself to a hospital.

8. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    If you start to freak out, start counting and telling yourself eveything is cool. Drink some water and try taking a leak. Have some ice cream, that always made me happy.

9. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Ive ground up mushrooms and capped them up, which took almost 4 hours to come on. It took so long to come on that I basically forgot I had taken them until BAM.

However, there are two methods to come on and peak within 10-15 minuites. Grind them up in a coffee grinder, and mix them in a shot of juice and down in one gulp, or, chew them and keep them in your mouth until they are completely dissolved. Alot of people find the taste awful, to the point of gagging, but I pretty much enjoy in all their glory.

The only issue with this is that the come on is so fast your body does not have time to adjust to the launch, similar tobeing car sickso taking a dramamine (motion sickness pill) will help tremendously with the want to throw up. Also, if you find them upsetting your tummy, gas, ect, take a gas x pill, or anything that relieves upset stomach only after you start to feel the effects.Things like pepto bismol tho will coat your stomach and dimish the the effects, so avoid things that coat your stomach, just neutralize it. Feeling sick sucks, especially when there is no need and prevention is there if prepared.

10. chronic777

chronic777 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    dont do pharm drugs............smoke weed seeing as you already do, my trips usually start off bad no matter what, pain before the pleasure i suppose, ifit wasnt for weed idve had quite a few bad trips id imagine.

11. e-Thom

e-Thom Newbie

Reputation Points:
    make sure you have a minor tranquilizer (valium, xanax et al) or preferably a major tranquilizer (phenotiazines like thorazine) this will almost entirely end your trip

12. markdahman

markdahman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I find a fat sack of weed helps me on a bad trip. This one chik was totally scetching on 3 grams talk ing about kiling herself and then i sat her down. Smoked MANY, MANY bowls and then she totally just gave up on the thought of death so if u cant get any tranq's id suggest some ganga!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2009
  13. 32785

32785 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    never had a bad trip(knock on wood), I believe it's alot to do with your state of mind, you get what you picture. start off small, wait 20 min.,smoke a nice bowl, and just smile.

14. Insane Asian

Insane Asian Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    "If you still have problems, and are worried, get urself to a hospital."

dont do that unless you took a rediculous amount of shrooms its a waste of a high even if its a bad trip you just gotta man handdle it. my firnds taken a half O of bomb ass pysocybe shrooms and he couldnt see the world around him, he was litterally in his own world and he did fine. its all in your head no matter how real it is. also if your sick do not do shrooms, you will have a bad trip and most likely throw up and get even sicker.

15. fiets

fiets Newbie

Reputation Points:
    try to be not affraid and
    "go with the flow"

16. thydarkprevails

thydarkprevails Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    distract yourself...pop on lord of the rings and watch it...it actually worked for me

17. sunra

sunra Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Minimize the risk of having a bad trip by being in a comfortable place and in a good state of body and mind, do not take them when tired late at night or in an unfamiliar place.If you need to come down I found that eating something carbohydrate rich like pasta will bring me down.Valium or Xanax will work but may leave you feeling groggy the next day.I would not recommend smoking weed or drinking if you are having a bad trip as it may make it worse and possibly extend it.

The main point to remember if you are having a bad time on shrooms is to remember that it will all be over in 6 hours or so.So take a note of when you took the drugs and to try to stay calm and preferably keep yourself distracted from introversion,watch tv or talk with a friend.

18. nathanwalton71

nathanwalton71 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    if you start to shit your self, calm down, sit down and roll a fat joint, this should mellow you out and make your trip less of a bad one. [​IMG]

19. nosociety

nosociety Newbie

Reputation Points:
    if i start to bug out i find it helps to get away from the people ur with and find a big field to walk around in with only one person instead of a lot

20. Icecool

Icecool Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Don't take it together with someone who is very precious to you like your girlfriend I didn't enjoy my trip the only thing I did was worrying about her.
    That nothing would happen to her, that she wouldn't be scared...
    And so on for 6 hours.
    Not very nice trip. [​IMG]