1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Culture - What does "the fade" mean?

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by meesh949, Aug 15, 2012.

1. meesh949

meesh949 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have a quick question. Somebody I was talking to today said they have "the fade" and they want to "get low"? They said they were talking about a party favor. Are they talking about heroin when they say they have "the fade"? I've never heard that terminology before.

2. Solinari

Solinari Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    No idea whatsoever I couldn't even hazard a guess. I check the Urban Dictionary and it makes no reference to drugs of any kind, it is as follows...

That's all she wrote.

3. mountainmanOG

mountainmanOG Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I can't imagine what being on the fade means but "get low" definitely means "get intoxicated" and can either indicate a preference for downers, or more likely in the context of "the fade" I would imagine it's slang for getting 'high' on uppers.

Party favor almost universally means drugs unless it's a particularly old woman talking plans for a get together.

mountainmanOG added 5 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

It just occured to me that "the fade" could easily be a reference to a stimulant comedown.

mountainmanOG added 2 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

It could also easily be a reference to opioid withdrawal now that I think about it. Whatever it is it's safe to assume it's not good because the solution is to "get low" which has GOT to mean "get high".

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  4. lfrider92

lfrider92 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Where I live if someone has fade or the fade it means they have money to throw for drugs. Normally someone will have fade if they are going to smoke with you, or just want a line or any small amount actually. But it depends on the context. That's my best guess

5. psychedelia

psychedelia Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I'm completely guessing here but I imagine "the fade" is referring to being intoxicated (like when people say they're "faded", it usually refers to marijuana). If it was in reference to heroin, perhaps they meant nodding. I certainly feel like I'm fading in and out when I'm nodding on opiates. "Get low" definitely seems like a term for getting high on downers like heroin or benzos. Down is synonymous with low, so "get low" is like saying "do a downer". Not sure on any of that. It was my best guess

6. Shleep On A Goat's Nipple

Shleep On A Goat's Nipple

Reputation Points:
    Completely guessing like everyone else, but I followed Solinari on the Urban Dictionary path, and found out that "low" is a slang term for heroin, apparently in the Baltimore/DC areas, but possibly in other places, too. It says to "get low" means to get high on H, but when he said he needs to "get low" he has to get, as in buy, heroin.
    To fade means to throw in money, usually for drugs, including alcohol, which lfrider92 confirmed.
    So, maybe this guy's party favour is throwing in money for heroin, for the people who go to this party. I mean, often at parties one person is assigned to get this or that drug in bulk for everyone, so I guess this guy is that person.
    Are you likely to meet this person again at any point?
    Ask him what he's on about .. :confused:

Tags: