Dose - What dose would you recommend

Discussion in 'DXM' started by Sashigabrial, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Sashigabrial

Sashigabrial Newbie

Reputation Points:
    23 y/o from 1020 e Cary st
    He has done other drugs weed,Xanax,methadone and acid.He weighs 150 pounds and is 5’5.He is just unsure what dosage he should take. He wants to achieve 2nd or 3rd Plateau.

2. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Please read the DXM FAQ at the top of the forum, it contains a guide on how to safely use DXM for your first time.

3. ladywolf2012

ladywolf2012 Got diamonds in the soles of my shoes! Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    68 y/o from Foothills of Arizona
  4. ThatWay

ThatWay Newbie

Reputation Points:
    20 y/o from ,
    (after an allergy test due to some people missing an enzyme or something like that [10-50mg]), 100-200mg is a great introduction. At that point you don't have to worry about paranoid delusions and incredibly conceptual thinking nearly as much. Pay very very close attention to the recommended waiting period in-between trips, some say 1 week/plateau minimum, some say once every 6-8 weeks minimum.. You don't want to end up like one of those guys or gals whose life is spent patiently awaiting their next DXM trip cause they've lost all interest in everything in their life :p Otherwise as with any drug increase dose slowly as you get familiar with it, no point going in so deep that you no longer enjoy a second plateau.

*edit maximum changed to minimum... lol Freudian slip

5. ladywolf2012

ladywolf2012 Got diamonds in the soles of my shoes! Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    68 y/o from Foothills of Arizona
    Thank you, That Way, for very helpful information for the OP.

I recommend taking at least a tad over 100 mg. for the first trip. A lot of people feel nothing at all on 100 mg. Maybe try 150 or 175? That should get you decently high without making you lose control. I wouldn't go over that amount for the first time. If you don't feel much on that dose, then try 200 the next time. All of us react differently to DXM. Don't double-dose--i.e., add more awhile after you take the first dose. It can tend to backfire on you and make the trip icky!

A general guide. Make sure you are taking pure DXM with no other active ingredients, like guifenesen or an antihistamine or acetaminophen. They are all bad for you, and bad for your stomach and therefore, often bad for your trip. Look for syrup that says, "For Cough" only. If it says, say, for "Cough and Cold," leave it alone. Dollar Stores, interestingly, often carry pure syrups. There are also gel caps--a little harder to find in the store, but very easy to order from either of the two main online auction houses. They are also a LOT easier to gag down than the syrup is.

Take your DXM on an empty stomach. It's okay to have a light meal maybe 3 or 4 hours before taking it, but you want your stomach mostly empty. Your trip will come on faster and be way more effective. Then it's okay to snack on something a couple of hours after you take the DXM. In fact, that's a very good idea, even if you don't feel hungry.

As ThatWay said, the longer you can manage to space the trips out, the better. I can understand why, if you don't take enough to make your first trip effective at all, you may want to try it again soon and take a bit more. That's perfectly normal and is probably okay. But do wait at least a week or a week and 3-5 days. After that, start spacing your trips around once every month or so. That gives you time to clear your mind and body of what is, really, a toxic substance (that happens to be my own personal favorite drug at 69 years-old!)

Don't expect to be able to accomplish much the day you take the DXM. You may have trouble walking (we call it the Robo-Walk, after Robitussin cough syrup. Note though that Robitussin now makes about a dozen varieties of cough syrup, and only one of them is pure DXM. Can't think of its name right now--maybe someone else can), talking, or trying to have a dialogue with anyone. :p Talking often seems rather pointless. But music--Aye, there's the gold mine! I go You-Tubing and let You Tube take me wherever it recommends I go, and that is just WAY fun. Movies are hard to keep track of, so I really recommend YouTube because I love watching the musicians as well as hearing the music.

Okay, there basic DXM 101. If you have any further questions you can't find the answer to, just ask. Oh yes, one more thing. While you probably won't need a full-time trip-sitter for such a low dose, it is a very good idea to have someone who knows what you are doing that day whom you can call if you feel like something is starting to go wrong. But I doubt that anything will.

Have a grand time, and keep us posted!

Oh yes. Drink tons of water and Gatoraid!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  6. ThatWay

ThatWay Newbie

Reputation Points:
    20 y/o from ,
    250 mg if you don't care about safety protocol and want to trip, otherwise do the 15mg to test and 150mg after a week or two before. those who enjoy smaller experiences stay in the range of 300-500mg, anything above and it gets intense. Though people have safely consumed 900mg+, I wouldn't recommend it unless you've personally met god once or twice (you know what I mean if you know what I mean).