Drug info - What Drugs To Maintain Weight?

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by 788.4, Mar 2, 2006.

1. 788.4

788.4 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    A friend of mine was wondering if there are any drugs that might be able to help him. He needs to be in better physical shape.

He is 5'11'' and needs to weight about 130. He is currently 142 but is losing weight steadily through proper diet an exercise, although he may need something to help him maintain his weight. My friend is wondering if there are any drugs that can help him be stronger without gaining weight. He is also slightly anemic. What types of preformance inhancing drugs and/or over the counter (US) products might he want to look into?

2. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    5'11" and a buck forty-two? You sure you want to lose any more weight? maybe you need muscle mass instead. 5'11" and 130 is really thin.

3. JewishNazi

JewishNazi Gold Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I would like to know what 'your friend' needs to be so thin/light/small for before offering suggestions. At 5'11" that is getting small, especially for a male. Actually, he would be classed as 'underweight' as it is because his BMI (body mass index) is only 19.9

EPO will certainly help with his anemia, but dont go too high as it can cuase your blood to become extremely viscous and clot in your sleep.

Does your friend have a good muscular build ith low bodyfat or is he 'skinny-fat', large gut but very little muscle

4. bonghed

bonghed Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    Well, just get a gym membership and work hard, or eat healthier or less depending on the situation.(not too much less though)

Any drugs in my head i will not suggest. You can search yourself, so i won't bother.

Maybe consult a doc before drasitic option.

Why you wanna lose weight though if you allready underweight?

5. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Nearly 6ft tall and 'needing' to be 9 stone 4? I suggest your friend speak to a doctor about his/her potential body dysmorphia and impending, if not already present anorexia, and s/he definitely needs to speak to a professional about the anaemia. The anaemia may be easily dealt with by iron & vit B supplements or eating more food! Green vegetables are a fantastic source of iron, and guess what, they don't make you fat! On the other hand, the anaemia may be indicative of something a lot more serious, so does need to be looked into.

I'm quite intrigued as to your friends definition of 'proper diet' - no 'proper' diet will promote this sort of weight loss in a healthy individual, I'm afraid. And as for drugs, I'd hope noone will be recommending anything to help your friend on their way to further malnutrition and possible psychological problems.

1. 3/5,
      used common sense to be informative!
      Mar 3, 2006
  6. StigmataLectron

StigmataLectron Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    You could go Trevor Reznik on it all, and eat an apple and a can of tuna every day, and then switch to a stable diet. Look up "The Machinist".

I heard that the lemon cleanse works well for weight loss, but you have to eat a stable diet afterwards. It's a mix of homemade lemon juice with an equal ratio of Type B molassess (look at a health foods store) and cyanne pepper for flavoring. When you get off the diet there are rules that I don't remember atm, but look it up.

7. 788.4

788.4 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    For the sport my friend does it is beneifical to weight less. He is not supposed to weigh more than 150. His "normal" weight is 145 and at that weight he had ~9% body fat. My friend is now thinking about aiming for 135 to 140 pounds instead of 130.

My friend was wondering if EPO was something that is available on the illict market.

8. JewishNazi

JewishNazi Gold Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yes it is avaliable on the black market, but it will costa pretty penny. Actually, it will cost huyndreds of pretty pennies.

Ensure that your 'riend' knows ALL the information about EPO; it can be deadly from even a minor miscalculation

9. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I'm confused, is your friend looking for a drug that'll help maintain his weight, suppress his appetite, or build his muscles? You said that he may need something to help him maintain his weight, which is currently 142. Why would he want to maintain a weight he isn't happy with? I thought maybe you meant he wanted something to help keep the weight off. But then you said he "wanted something to help him be stronger", which confused me even more.

10. 788.4

788.4 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Sorry about this thread guys. I changed my mind about doing that sport, it's really not worth it. I don't find it as fun anymore and the people who I have to do it with really piss me off.

11. napoleon in rags

napoleon in rags Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    you friend doesn't need to lose weight, IMHO

it would be better to just get a weight set and start building muscle

12. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    What, wrestling turns out not to be your thing?

you can compete at a VERY low level weighing only 140 and being 5'11"... If this is the sport you're suggesting, I say that you go for it. Most of the win or loss is in the mind-game, from what i understand... if you're trying to become competitive, then you should just learn the sport--learn different ways to react, different pinning techniques, etc. THEN, if you absolutely MUST do something unhealthy like lose weight, you can do it at the last minute, cutting fluids, etc. you can read all about it by looking up your answers elsewhere. I don't want to be a contribution to your death by dehydration... just train for your maximum potential. you can worry about weight classes later.