1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Smoking - What else could cannabis be mixed with in a joint?

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by waffles, Mar 9, 2009.

1. waffles

waffles Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    SWIM really hates the taste of tobacco and finds its smoke acrid and harsh, and was wondering if there was many other things that could be mixed with cannabis in a joint. For example, could tea leaves be smoked with cannabis instead of tobacco?

2. hyperbolical

hyperbolical Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o
    Personally Swim thinks a good idea would be to use the "trim" and big leaves of the cannabis plant (only if you can acquire this). Hope that was of some help to Swiy.:)

3. shogun875

shogun875 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from U.S.A.
    I say you can put cloves in a joint like they do in some cigs. evidently they taste and smell good and also have a numbing effect on your lips and mouth which could be interesting

4. hyperbolical

hyperbolical Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o
    Oh yeah, I would not recommend this because it tastes absolutely foul to him, :laugh:.

5. yaba

yaba Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I use herbal cigarettes, no nicotine !!!
    Since he stopped smoking.

6. irishdude5186

irishdude5186 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I use sill cut silver. Dont use fags that have been laying around for a period of time (ie dry out) because it becomes harsher.

7. AquafinaOrbit

AquafinaOrbit Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well their are many flavors of tobacco for rolling purposes which can be bought from a local pipe or tobacco shop, so flavor wise I wouldn't rule that substance out. You could use just about anything herbal so maybe just go through a near spice cabinet. Cat Nip is about only thing that comes to mind though that I have tried besides tobacco and it wasn't to bad.

8. Lethargy

Lethargy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    We've heard stories of catnip, damiana, and mint working well. SWIM and everyone he knows always just mix cannabis with more cannabis...

9. Lou1024

Lou1024 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Head on over to the ethnobotanical's section. There's a bunch of information on various herbs. Swim's personal recommendation is either Damiana or Indian Warrior. Check em out.

10. expertergaz

expertergaz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    i suppose u could use the herb mixes like spice but that would be expensive but there are other herb mixes that are cheaper and give u more for your money also there are flavoured tobbaco's such as cherry, strawberry and so on also there's that stuff called tastey puff but i dont realy like it....

11. FuBai

FuBai Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Lettiuce opium can be useful. It has it's own, very mild, psycohactive effect which is slightly similar to cannabis and can be aquired both cheaply and legally (in the UK at least). It tends to be sold reasonably dry and as a burning/cutting agent for cannabis it can be effective.

12. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I would like to see a definitive Yahoo "best answer" type resolution to this question that bugs many a stoner out there, SWIM included. He doesn't smoke tobacco on its own and not even getting onto the long-term harmful effects of even small doses, tobacco is damn expensive. An alternative would be very welcome. These alternatives aren't easy to come by however. No offensive to anyone who might have posted here, but the suggestions made aren't realistic enough. Whatever replaces tobacco needs to be very similar to it. It must have a very neutral taste, no mints or cloves. It needs to burn consistently, no honking on wet leaves. It needs to be cheap, no forking out twenty notes for three joints' worth.

Perhaps there just isn't a good alternative to tobacco in joints. It might be time to buy a glass bong.

13. Dragonus18

Dragonus18 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've heard passionflower can be nice

14. shogun875

shogun875 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from U.S.A.
    I have rolled a blunt with weed and plain salvia leaf and it worked quite well. plain salvia leaf is cheap and wont do much unless you smoke a whole lot of it and it burns nice and consistently if you grind it or crush it up into similarly sized pieces.

15. FuBai

FuBai Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I don't see what the problem with Lettuice opium is. The taste may be dissimilar to tobacco but it is inoffensive, it's no more expensive (a quick search found several places offering 28-50 grams of Lactuca Virosa for around the same price as good rolling tobacco), it is usually quite dry, completely legal, and was used as a mild painkiller in the 19th century so comes with its own calming effects (albeit very weak).

There are other "tobacco replacements" such as Earth Impact, Happy Herb and the Knaster range, amongst others, which are, again, cheap, inoffensive, legal and come with thier own, very mild, effects.

I have also heard dried corriander suggested as being efficacious - again, cheap, easily available (in fact child's play to grow your own, but any supermarket of reasonable size will have it) although I have only recieved one report of its use as a burning agent and it did not mention the taste.

Camellia Sinensis has also be used which is, again, relatively inexpensive, widely availaible and has its own, mild psychoactive effects.

16. irishdude5186

irishdude5186 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Tobaccoin Ireland costs 8.10 per 20 box. It is a cost swim wish as a weed-only smoker has to endure. Wish weed was cheaper here then blunts would be amazing.

An alternative would be amazing considering how harmful tobacco is.

17. Ellis D.

Ellis D. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I like to mix different strains of marijuana together. Other than that SWIM occasionally enjoys a spliff with some high quality tobacco or with some Blue Lotus or Wild Lettuce. There are some very pleasant synergies with legal plants and marijuana.

18. readeadamie

readeadamie Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Marshmallow (leaf), mullein,

19. Capita

Capita Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You could buy some bottom shelf schwag weed and mix it in with some better herb to cut down cost

20. Benway

Benway Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Friend of mine uses an old 19thcent recipe for asthma.

Pinch of dry Datura mixed in with cannabis and smoked.
    No cough or splutter, even relieves symptoms of colds, though at what cost to health is not known.