Effects - What feeling/emotions best describe opiate high?

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by diffs, Sep 6, 2009.

1. diffs

diffs Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Hello all.

I am very interested in how/what people feel when high on opiates. Can you please describe how you feel physically/mentally and explain what emotions or thoughts best define how the high effects you.

Please include the drug(s) You is talking.

2. Lady Codone

Lady Codone Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Gladly! SWIM loves list-making ;)

Physical: Warmth, relaxation (muscles), peaceful energy, slight neck tightness, total stillness, numbness/tingling, a light feeling in intestines, vision changes, slowed/shallow breathing, smiling, heaviness in limbs and loss of pain.

Mental: Euphoria, joy, boost in self-confidence, loss of anxiety, placidity, optimism, drowsiness, slowed thought processes, and eventual drowsiness and dream-wrought sleep. Decreases SWIM's "depression"/lack of confidence/low energy and helps her feel as excited about "the small things" as her peers.

Thoughts: SWIM always thinks of happy things, like lying in a field of poppies at sunset or swinging in a hammock with her sweetheart. The visual effect of poppy tea for I am great, and almost trippy to an extent. When she closes her eyes, she sees neon-like shades of white, yellow and orange, and her dreams are vivid and wild. I am able to look at the positive side of things and truly "feel" her emotions, something 9 years of Prozac has taken away from her.

(The opiates to which I am referring include hydrocodone (her all-time fave), oxycodone, poppy tea, dihydrocodeine, codeine and to a much lesser extent, Darvocet (yuck!))

3. knyvezz

knyvezz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from U.S.A.
    Oh my.. Lady Codone definitely hit a lot of the strong ones for SWIM.

Peaceful, relaxed, warm.. It pretty much makes me forget all cares in the world. His life becomes happy again, and things that either depressed him or brought him down in any way seem to be not so bad.. Tolerable. Life is good.

Don't expect you's first use or two to be as pleasant as we've described it though.. SWIM's first couple of uses made him very sick, and the euphoria didn't set in til about his 3rd or 4th use; I guess his brain took some getting used to.

It's difficult to advise against or suggest this drug to a person because a) it makes you feel better than any drug ever can/will (in swim's opinion of course) and b) it's addictive as fuck.

So if You does indulge.. Use care and moderation!

4. diffs

diffs Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    thanks lady codone, wow nice description lol. And dont worry knyvezz, im quite experienced with opiates, was just looking for a description from other peoples point of view.

5. Lady Codone

Lady Codone Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thanks for the kind words! Geez, you'd think I was a hardcore addict from her post...:)

Yeah, the first few times I tried opiates (hydrocodone) as a teen, she felt absolutely nothing. Same with weed, alcohol and every other drug. Then one night in college SWIM popped a single hydrocodone pill and was blown away by the results, which were totally unexpected. She's continued to use semi-daily since then (three years and goin' strong), but one pill is still all it takes to send her to Happyland. She never exceeds that dose, or so she tells me...

6. diffs

diffs Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Well Lady C all i can say is lucky you if You can still get a hit from one pill. Its amazing the tolerance hasn't increased really.

I amn't as fortunate,he uses pretty much daily aswell and he has a very high tolerance to codeine, dihydrocodeine and morphine (the only 3 he can get his hands on easily).

He would stop for a bit to lower tolerance but has aquired some-what of a habit and cant be doing with the withdrawls.............oops :s

7. morning_glory

morning_glory Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I don't remember what it felt like being wrapped up warm in the womb, but is fairly convinced that being high on hydrocodone was the closest feeling to it. XD

8. ketameaningless

ketameaningless Newbie

Reputation Points:
    im totally new here so hi! ive got to say that i think it is possible to be more creative than constantly using swim/swiy....

so anyway, this transvesite policeman i know always told me that opiods were like that feeling you get of perfect peace and happiness after a really good seeing to. sorry to be crude but there it is.
    oh, but lasting for several hours instead of five seconds.

9. cra$h

cra$h Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Philly
    Really, only one word is needed: Bliss.

No matter if it's vicodine, oxycontin, or heroin, they all give that feeling of bliss and well-being. But with swim's experience's, each opiate is ever so slightly different, but all give a sense of the world being perfect, and all the troubles are replaced with fluffy goodness.

Hydrocodone: More of an "upper" high, better choice if you're going to be kinda active.
    Oxycodone: A continuous bliss. A decent rush puts a fat smile on your face, and sedation follows shortly after, making it tough to really be active.
    Morphine: the "lightest" of the highs. The feeling of floating is very present. Swim's personal favorite too. Everything's warm and fuzzy and there's not a care in the world. Moving about is still possible, just more free-flowing.
    Opium: the longest lasting by far. 1/2g had swim intoxicated for over 7hrs with literally no come down, while drugs like oxy and hydro have swim puking even at very low doses. Much like morphine. But morphine is the primary alkaloid. Can be a pain in the ass to smoke though, especially for beginners.

10. ketameaningless

ketameaningless Newbie

Reputation Points:
    does You find themselves more sociable or less?

11. cra$h

cra$h Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Philly
    for the most part, less. Especially after the initial rush. It's a very, personal, high. Most of it is just you reflecting on how great an overflow of seratonin is. If it's a low dose, as in not quite enough to get you to nod off, it could be very sociable. I have found that low doses of Hydrocodone in particular keeps swim feeling more "alive". He'll be much more strait forward and direct with people, and much less of a pushover. But this doesn't mean that swim's an asshole, he just looks out for himself a little more, which he NEVER does. Really, if you can keep use under control, the only negative part would be the come down. Expect a torn up stomach, and remember, TUMS ARE YOUR FRIEND!!!

12. ketameaningless

ketameaningless Newbie

Reputation Points:
    swims girlfriend always comments on how lovely I am being on low doses...little does she know!

with higher doses, swim cares about nothing but the bed and the stereo

ketameaningless added 0 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

would antacids work with skin delivered systems like fentanyl, swim wonders?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  13. tisanemaster

tisanemaster Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    Being on opiates is one of the best possible feelings in the world for SWIM.
    Nothing beats that awesome orgasmic rush and the ensuing blissful drowsiness.

You has to be overly careful if he wants to use these drugs to get away from his problems, though. I do that sometimes (mostly because of depression, despair towards the future, and also because he's so fucking sick and tired of being single), and he shouldn't do that at all.

True, you's problems will fade away in the darkness, but when the high will end, maybe they'll come back extremely stronger and hit you's emotions like an H-Bomb hits a small town. Now that I think about it, he realized that most times he had suicidal thoughts was during an opiate comedown.

14. ketameaningless

ketameaningless Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yup.
    diffs, what swi us are trying to say is, they feel AMAZING.

but read the small print ;)

15. cra$h

cra$h Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Philly
    @keta: I don't think it would work. It's really oral exclusive. They bring down the PH of the stomach making it easier and more efficient to absorb opiates. But it does still help with the nausea either way, and has saved swim's ass from a couple potentially bad situations.

And to add to tisane's comment, opiates are simply like a mask. You put on your metaphoric mask for a couple hours, and all the problems come right back. Except this time your sick. And you know how if you avoid a problem it just grows and grows? Don't think dope is gonna solve it. If anything it would make it worse. When off people tend to be much more moody and wimpy. Irrational too.

No one here is saying no, because we all know most likely you're gonna try it out. Just be careful. Playing with opiates is like playing with fire. The longer it takes to get burnt, the bigger the burn's gonna be.

16. ketameaningless

ketameaningless Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am trying it right now actually and You is right there isnt much difference...nice shot of rum helps potentiate though (JUST ONE)

someone wiser than someone who isnt me once said that 'all things in moderation' is the golden rule. if You has got anice healthy functioning life and wants a good time, thats cool. but like crash said, problems get worse if one tries to cover em up with drugs.
    another wise person once said ' you cant be careful on a skateboard', but as far as You can, take care of yourself

17. oshngrl

oshngrl Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have used opiates for 30 years. So, she can say with some veracity that opiates to her = pain free and comfortable and also just normal.

Swim hopes You does not get addicted to opiates though, because it is a daunting way to live.

18. UNMASKED

UNMASKED Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

19. dyingtomorrow

dyingtomorrow Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    For Heroin: Pleasure in every cell of the body, and pure contentment with one's self and the world. All pain disappears. All stress disappears. Ability to undertake any task with happiness, no matter how strenuous, mentally difficult, time consuming, tedious boring, or any other challenge. Ability to psychologically handle and/or deal with anything, no matter how bad. Happiness. Feeling as though everything will be okay and you will be okay and good things will happen to you. Sensation of warmth and euphoria. Mind, body and soul feel wonderful to be in, and the Earth, a great place to be.

As for the question about socialness, it depends. If you do too much it is difficult to be social because of the hazy/dreamy state you are in. But if you have a general "good high" going, you can do pretty much anything you want. Meaning, you can be social, or you can be happy just sitting on a couch watching TV or reading. It can inspire you to go out and do things, but also you are so content that staying at home and letting your mind dream up a wonderful place where you are is just as good.

20. trichopium

trichopium Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Swim only snorts oxy, he would describe the high as a profound euphoria, he feels as if he is is love with life, smells are stronger, lights are brighter, couches are more comfortable than ever before. Its like I has put on a pair of empathetic sungasses, because he sees the world in its true glory. An oxy high is sheer euphoric bliss and beauty.

As you can probably tell, I am in love with opiates.