1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Side effects - what happens when morphine is crushed...

Discussion in 'Morphine' started by luvleegurl, Jan 9, 2010.

1. luvleegurl

luvleegurl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ...broken or chewed.

is it bad for swim?

2. Picass035

Picass035 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Please be more specific. This post is extremely vague so Swim will do the best he can..

By broken/chewed Swim assumes it is regarding timed-release tablets or the capsules with small beads inside of them, and that they will be consumed orally. If so is the case, most morphine tablets are made more <abuse-proof> and simply **increasing** surface area isn't enough to get past the timed-release matrix as they will still gel up. UTFSE. There are MANY posts about this.

As for "is it bad for swim?", I amn't really sure what You is asking here??

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  3. luvleegurl

luvleegurl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i guess that I didn't know if I should chew the pill or not, swim chews other pills. I couldn't find a thread or post spacific to this topic. sorry to be so vague.

4. modtang

modtang Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    I was wondering the same thing and I found this by using the wonderful thing that is the search engine.

From: https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=159526&postcount=6

5. FloatingInDreams

FloatingInDreams Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Louisiana, U.S.A.
    On the other hand, a large release of morphine into the system could and usually does induce a more potent but shorter feeling of euphoria.

That could be considered "good" vs the "bad" but if being taken for pain relief I believe the slower the release the better, sometimes You should just alternate in order to be gauge what works better for You imo.

6. jimmycann

jimmycann Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think Luvlee is just asking why one would crush up a pill of morphine vs other pills?

The answer is very simply that when crushed, the drug (Morphine included) comes in contact with more surface area of the particular absorptive apparatus of the body (Depending on the route of administration.).

The human body evolved villi (Small intestine.) and rugal folds (Stomach.) for this very reason...to maximize the surface area for absorption.