1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

What happens with taking shrooms and acid back to back?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Kyleigh, May 24, 2017.

1. Kyleigh

Kyleigh Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    So Saturday night I took 1.5 grams of shrooms for my first time around like 9-10pm, went to sleep at like 530am, woke up around 9, did my thing the next day, then took half of a tab that night around 9-10 again, and didn't sleep at all until 9pm the following day. It's now Wednesday, would it be too much to take just a gram of shrooms? I'm only 95lbs and 5' so I'm small I don't know if that has anything to do with anything. This would be my second time ever taking them, I've taken acid 3 times total but the first time was 2 years ago. I did it again about 3 weeks ago, then again Sunday night.

2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from The Netherlands
    The unknowns in your story are:
    What kind of magic mushrooms? If you don't know then post a picture.
    Dried or fresh?

I will assume dried psilocybe cubensis for which 1.5 grams dried mushrooms is a good dose for beginners. Other species have vastly different dosage and thus the situation would be very different.

Both psilocybe mushrooms and LSD act on the same 5HT2a serotonin receptors. Due to down-regulation this diminishes the effects of these psychedelics for up to 28 days. Because of this its best to take a 3-4 week break between trips. Else it is a waste of good mushrooms. It may well happen that you get little to no effects.

Another reason is that its best to give your mind the time to process the trip. The latter should not be underestimated. After the trip ends your psyche is still affected by these psychedelics for weeks. Its best to first fully land, before you take off again. Back to back tripping means less mental versatility and capability to get the most out of your trip. Chances on undesirable experiences raise.

3. mess clean

mess clean Elemental Metal Member Silver Member Supporter Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from In your head.
    Excellent advice from Alfa.

In layman's terms, and from personal experience, if you trip 3 days in a row you won't feel anything.

And mescaline, psilocybin and LSD are all cross-tolerant. There are likely other substances as well, but I have experience with these three common psychedelics. I have experience with others, but I wouldn't call them "common".

4. Nonam

Nonam Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I've tripped 3 days in a row off of 30mg caps of pure pyslisibin extract tripped just as hard on the third day as I did on the first, however I took 5 hits of lsd and 3 days later took two hit didn't even notice it.

5. mess clean

mess clean Elemental Metal Member Silver Member Supporter Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from In your head.
    I find that hard to believe, re the psilocybin. Are you sure it was pure and not some RC? 4-AcO-DMT is essentially shroom-like.

And yeah, that acid dosing schedule is typical to my experience.

6. Nonam

Nonam Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

To the best of my knowledge I am taking pure natural pyslisibin extract in 30mg dose, how ever I've questioned weather or not it is an RC, I guess without a reagent kit it'd really be hard to tell I know the acid is real (teamtrust).

7. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    @nomam You did not take a "natural extract" while it is POSSIBLE, no one makes it due to the insane cost. You need to learn to look things up as some basic googleling would have brought up multiple articles to this effect. You were sold a research chemical from a shady fucker. You were probably sold 4-ACO-DMT which is basically the same thing, as the 4-HO and 4-ACO groups are both inactive, but none-the-less, the dealer was a piece of shit and lied. People who lie about drugs they sell should be considered dangerous and banished from communities.

To be clear, if someone feels the need to totally bullshit people about a SAFE drug they ordered from China, they will probably hand out all sorts of dangerous shit too.

I ma curious if you could use a reagent to tell the difference between the two analogs? They are so functionally similar

That said, psychedelics should be taken with no less than two weeks if you want to have any long term use that doesn't leave you a mess, really a few times a year at most. This forum is filled with people who really messed themselves up binging and taking higher and higher doses.

8. Nonam

Nonam Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I do do my research, it's stuff I get on the dn from time to time I have looked into pyslisibin extraction I know it's costly, and I can't say how much I pay for it, and btw your a charming know it all kinda guy huh??

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  9. Nonam

Nonam Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Nope recently found out it is 4-aco-dmt, idc I love the stuff
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 12, 2017 ---
    @Potter Google is my middle name last name wickapieda all I do is research shit.