1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

What is a Meth high like?

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine' started by RipperChick, Mar 29, 2005.

1. RipperChick

RipperChick Newbie

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o
    Hey everyone. I come to the forums every once in a while and had a queston. I've done most every drug out there except heroin crack and meth and my drug of choice is coke. I've seena few programs on meth and was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the high is like when you're on meth. Just curious.

2. jrock0069

jrock0069 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Imagine the feeling you get from the one thing that interests you the most. Think about a difficult project you've completed and the feeling of pride and self worth you got from it when finished. Imagine what it feels like to be the smartest person in the world. Remember the most excited and energetic you've ever felt in your life. Take all of these things and multiply them by a thousand and there you have the basic feeling of meth.

3. RipperChick

RipperChick Newbie

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o
    yikes....no wonder it's so addictive.

Think I'll stay away.

THANKS!

4. roidrage

roidrage Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    whereever jrocks been getting his from i want some, in my view you dont feel any differant from what you normally do you just do everything faster and feel more aggresive

5. jrock0069

jrock0069 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was describing feelings you get while on it. For instance, when your doing something on it (i.e. school, work, hobbies), you get the feeling that every decision your making is 100% correct. When you start a project, you get so involved with it that you get the feeling of completion before finishing it. It gives you tons of energy as everybody knows. RipperChick wanted to know what the high was like while your on it not just the beginning effects. I described the different feelings you get while doing different things on meth. As far as the feelings being multiplied by 1000, I exaggerated that a little. But I was remembering my ol' tweeker days while writting this and I really got into my writting.

6. whatsinaname

whatsinaname Newbie

Reputation Points:
    finally, a question on this forum i feel qualified to answer...

Meth is tricky. The "high" is based almost soley on how one uses it....the person above who was talking about work and concentration is right (although IMO, this is more prevelant when snorted). But if one smokes it, its a pretty different high... i think that there is no really crystal clear answer to what the high is like...it varies user to user, based on tolerance, reasons for using, amount used, how long you stay up at a time...

Meth dfeinetely isn't something to jump headlong into, thats one thing (almost) any user would tell someone curious about it....read. Learn what it does, why it does it, and why you shouldn't do it.

7. pato_otnc

pato_otnc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i dont really feel nothing except more energy and kinda nervous. i smoke it on a lightbulb, and i smoke alot. i only like the little rush you get at the begining when you first get a hit. i wouldnt really recomend it, but many people seem to love this drug.

8. tweakerfrommars

tweakerfrommars Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Initial rushing, deep concentration/thoughts, extreme interest in everything around you, heightened self-confidence and self-esteem, feeling of being able to do anything, moderate to intense euphoria depending on method of use, surrounding environment, and the user's personality.

In my experience, trying to do too many things at once (you'll feel like you can) can result in becoming confused and frustrated...many people choose an activity that best potentiates their high at the time (watching movies, playing games of any sort, socializing, cleaning house, drawing, writing, listening to music, dancing, etc.) and allow it to engulf them completely. Some people may notice obsessive compulsive behavior (repeating thought patterns leading to repeating a certain action over and over again, like cleaning a certain spot over and over or playing with a line of meth on the table for hours on end) generally referred to as "geeking". Geeking can be a negative thing when the obsessive behavior turns to one's own body, like picking at the skin.

Meth is also an anorexant, meaning not only do you not have an appetite, but chewing andswallowing food is very difficult and unpleasant. If one hasn't eaten in awhile, though uncomfortable, eating can potentiate the high due to revitalizing your body. Lastly, most people are unable to sleep while tweaking...furthermore, this insomnia-inducing stimulation can last for hours (in some people, up to 24 hours) after the main high has worn off, this goes for the loss of appetite as well.

The high doesn't really compare to anything else and is for the most part incredibly fun. In short, you just feel more alive than you ever could have imagined. Many people get very attached to this feeling because it lasts so long (if enough meth is done and is of good enough quality, the high can easily last 8 hours or more), and want to feel like this all the time. These are the people prone to addiction. Doing it once will not get you addicted, but when every fiber of your being is telling you to stay up and keep on going, you have to be able to tell yourself to stop. This is difficult for some people that try and use meth during the work week for example, because it just seems impossible to function until youmake up all the sleep that you lost. To avoid this, people do more. That's why it is smarter to use when you are able to take some time to get a good amount of sleep and refresh your body. Sorry this has been so long, for a good summary of what I just said, take a look at my signature.

9. invictvs

invictvs Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM just made the switch from Coke to Meth, basically because coke was screwing up his sinuses and burning his nose. Also, it seemed reasonable for him to not get so dependent on any one thing.

So far so good, Meth = more energy, more confidence, peformance enhancing cognitive abilities. Coke = more euphoria, easier to sleep, better taste.

10. bogumil

bogumil Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I never used meth, but isnt it far worse to your sinusses than coke? Thats what I got told.Edited by: bogumil

11. Unsolved

Unsolved Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It has to be way worse for your nose then coke. Think about it coke has some strong ingrdents but the main ingredent in coke is considered the extract fro the coca leaves. Every meth recipe starts with over-the-counter cold medication. The pills are crushed and mixed with other chemicals in the process of cooking meth. One common process follows these steps: Mixing and heating; straining; chemical conversion; extraction; and drying.
    Various meth recipes include combinations of volatile organic compounds, also called VOCs, acids, bases, metals, solvents and salts. Making meth with these chemicals can result in explosions, chemical fires, and the release of toxic gases.

I don't know about you guys but that is nothing I want in my nose. But afterall it is your decision in the end?

12. Daeron

Daeron Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from gaza_strip
    lol,unsolved you sound like a safety data sheet!

Now most of the things you do are made from "VOCs",acid,bases,etc.In fact most of the things you do are made from highly poisonous chems,that includes coke,too.What do you think mdma is made from?

the problem with meth.hcl is that sometimes it wasnt neutralised enough,that too much HCl was added while titrating,or that the "cook" did a sloppy rxn.its more a question of source than of a substance.

but to be fair,nose doesnt exist,although some may argue bout this,to snort shit.so basically anything you shove up yer nose will damage it to some extent.

oh and for the what its like Q-its so foul&good that you may want to spend the rest of your life on it.Edited by: daeron

13. sarahethereal

sarahethereal Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from new_zealand
    I'd like to know what a meth high is EXSACTLY like. You know how on weed you seep into another dimention in your head and everything looks whacky and bright. Yet on a bad trip it's like going into a world of silent hill (you know that film?) and the bright whacky things are mental? You look different, I could explain forever! I'd like to know a meth high in this detail. A friend told me it's like a weed high but about 1000x stronger?

14. NotoriousBlunt

NotoriousBlunt Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    You have a stupid ass friend then.

Weed is natural, organic, relaxing, pleasant

Meth is chemical, synthetic, keeps you awake for days at a time etc.

15. phiz

phiz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from U.S.A.
    If you place 4 equally unhealthy foods in front of an average human, with one food being dull tasting, one food being slightly less but still dull tasting, one being tasteless, and one being the human's favorite, most tasteful, delicious food, it's an obvious decision for the human. The human will choose to eat the tasteful, delicious food. It's no more unhealthy than the rest, so just enjoying the food makes it better than the others.

Why is your thought process straying from logic?

16. mushroom_marc

mushroom_marc Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from england
    In my experience meth produces an extremely euphoric high, the first time I did meth he was told it was a freebase form of MDMA because the people he was with knew he would not agree to take meth. It was after I took a big hit from the pipe that he was told the chemical name was 'methamphetamine' but by that point he was too high to really give a shit.

The night was full of dancing, humming dubstep music (we decided we wanted to start a dubstep group, never happened haha) and general uncontrollable fun. That is until SWIM downed 8 beers in 10 mins and smoked weed. Then the trip went BAD, I started puking, hallucinating, shaking uncontrollable and overheating. This went on for a good couple hours before he managed to pass out. The next day was full of puking, crawling to the bathroom to dry heave, hearing voices, seeing 'shadow people' and general paranoia that persisted for the next three or four days.

SWIM personally thinks that meth is a fun, but horribly dirty and addictive substance that destroys lives. I am VERY glad he did not get addicted or continue to use.

17. psytranced

psytranced Newbie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from nicaragua
    Euphoria, paranoia, a feeling of artificial energy.
    A friend of a friend tried it in the past and didnt like it much. He said he can see how people would enjoy and get hooked but he said it made him feel to edgy and anxious.

psytranced added 284 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Weed can also be scary, paranoia inducing and full of chemical fertilizers.

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  18. NINDY

NINDY Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Australia

Agree with entire post but just had to call out this sentence because it crystallised (bad pun intended) soemthing for me I had not quite been able to understand.

This is why, when I look back, that I feel despite all the energy etc, I would feel like I had not actually done anything...

This made me realise it isn't that i hadn't done anything, it is that I didn't FINISH anything. I knew your thoughts race so quickly that often you move on to the next thing before you complete your sentence...But that applies to basically everything whilst on an ice high.

Light bulb moemnt!

19. andrew20101

andrew20101 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It depends on how you use it. Some people have no self control at first and become more mature as time goes on. Swim for example used to chase the high until he got STUCK every time grinding in the end. But know swim can take a hit or two in the midnight and just let the high take its course. When I feel that urge coming on he just has a cog or dowse a chore that always helps. You eventually get a mindset not to fiend.

20. Laylovv

Laylovv Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    A friend of a friend told me its totally diff depending on how you choose to do it. Snorting will bring you up (burns like ecstasy) but won't necessarily bring my friend euphoria. Smoking will bring euphoria for a bit then the energy and all kicks in and slamming it depending on the batch will bring a rush and a savage amount of energy thats generally paralytic if enough is done. Recommendation try to stay away but if your gonna try it then go back and forth between what you do as its better to give your nose/lungs/veins a break if your on a good one...